Alan H

Alan Heatley
Airport Transfers
Hi all,

I'd like to know what the going rate is for airport transfers to roughly where the Botanic Gardens complex is.Ive been quoted £40 return.Anyone have any ideas?

Lindacm

Airport Transfers
Hi all,

I'd like to know what the going rate is for airport transfers to roughly where the Botanic Gardens complex is.Ive been quoted £40 return.Anyone have any ideas?

We live not too far from the Botanic Gardens & this was what we paid early last year. Too expensive in my opinion for a 15min trip.

Linda

Airport Transfers
Hi all,

Hi Alan
It would be cheaper to hire a car! - but I know you don't like driving out there. £40 does seem a bit steep - can't your "gate man" do a cheaper transfer for you?

Hope you Jody and kids are all well. Are you out May 1/2 term and or July/ August? Maybe meet up as we are out both.........PM me if necessary.:roundgrin

Karen, Paul n Kids

Peregrine

Airport Transfers
Hi all,

is that each person or the whole family

at what time?

whats the next best alternative - eg a cab. Whats the cheapest (other than walking)?

ultimately if you dont like it, dont pay, find an alternative

ZiaCa'

Airport Transfers
I'd agree, £40 is too steep for such a short trip... the company I use in Dalyan charge 50TL (around £20) return trip DLM-Dalyan. They are reliable, fully licensed, insured, English speaking (as onepartner is English) etc.
If you would like their detail, pls get in touch.

Airport Transfers
Can we clear up any confusion about "return trips". Are we talking about the cab driving to the airport with no passengers and taking you back to your place on his "return" journey, or are we talking about him taking you to the airport and then collecting you from the airport when you return to Turkey. Just in case people are comparing single journeys with returns.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Airport Transfers
Return Journey = Drive to airport, collect passengers, deliver to resort, return to base, at end of holiday drive to resort, collect passengers, deliver back to airport, return to base.

It's only £70 in total for up to for people for a transfer from Kaya Koyu to Dalaman and a return at the end of the holiday ! That's a total of about 250 kms and includes the toll fee for Gocek Tunnel and parking at the airport.

If you're paying £40 for a trip to and from Botanic Gardens in Dalaman I'd say you're being well and truly shafted.

JudeB

Jude & Archie
Airport Transfers
IMHO I would not pay any more than YTL20 to the Botanic Gardens. I pay YTL 15 to Karacali in a yellow taksi. Man your being ripped off take a taksi and barter with the driver before leaving the airport complex.

jazzcazz

Airport Transfers
Hello Carla,

Please could you send me details of the company you use as that seems a very good a price.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Airport Transfers
My taxi driver friend was telling me recently that the two terminals at Dalaman charge different rates for the same journey. The logic being that Turks are the major users of the old, now Domestic, terminal and they will not pay extortionate rates. The International terminal, being used by mainly foreign passengers, is a happy hunting ground for higher chargers.
Yes, it is negotiable. On a recent trip with more luggage than the vehicle would carry, a taxi was used to carry the excess at 25tl less than the standard rate to Fethiye. The rate was, it goes without saying, negotiated by a Turk who just dismissed the first price quoted and haggled a reasonable rate.
Ian

Airport Transfers
Is it not a fixed price from Dalaman airport ?

One the occasions when I have had no option but to use Dalaman airport taxis I have never paid the fares quoted on the taxi board, mainly because it is overpriced, even allowing for the premium they expect for being at the airport. They will always come down if you negotiate. I have eeven walked away and been chased for the business. The cheaper options obviously are to get friends to pick you up or arrange one of the cheaper transfer companies.

Airport Transfers
We found out recently that if you fly Thomas Cook,they do a bus shuttle service to all the main areas including Fethiye area via their subsidiary Transfers4U I think it is but there are links from the Thomas Cook website.
They quoted us £59.28 return for 3 of us (not each!!) to Fethiye (Ovacik) from Dalaman which is a real bargain.
Last year we took the local Havas bus from Fethiye to Dalaman town centre for peanuts and just got a taxi into the airport.
Local buses apparently go from the Domestic Terminal to several areas too also for peanuts!!
Do some checking as from memory we only paid under a tenner for 3 of in a taxi from Dalaman town into the airport!!.
After doing it for a few years you realise how the transfer costs mount up unless you become canny.

Last edited:

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Airport Transfers
Someone put on here a couple of weks ago holidaytaxis.com and then type the code xmas08 and then you get a discount. Don't know how much , but it's worth trying

Jeannie

Airport Transfers
I know airportconnex, united blue do £10 each way for shuttles from dalaman to dalyan, try them, you can book online. Also sure there will be a local bus to Dalyan?

Airport Transfers
I know airportconnex, united blue do £10 each way for shuttles from dalaman to dalyan, try them, you can book online. Also sure there will be a local bus to Dalyan?

Local buses arent allowed into Dalaman airport. The nearest dolmus pick up/drop off point is Dalaman. The Havas services are timed to coincide with the Turkish Airlines domestic departures but the nearest to Dalyan you'll get on them is Ortaca.

JohnF

Airport Transfers
Local buses apparently go from the Domestic Terminal to several areas too also for peanuts!!
I think you mean the Havas (or service bus) which meets the incoming THY Istanbul flight and during the summer, the other carriers who fly into DLM domestic. 20TL per head to Fethiye and 25TL to Marmaris.

Unfortunately it now only goes as far as the new Otogar in Fethiye; previously it went all the way through Fethiye town centre, out to Karagozler and then on to one of the holiday camps, Hillside I think. If there's more than two of you, an airport taxi from DLM can work out just as cheap if you don't live on the Havas route.

JF

RichnKim

We've Made It!
Airport Transfers
The cheapest Price of a Private Transfer from Dalaman to Dalyan is 50ytl each way. So 100ytl return price. Which is approx £40 but most companies charge around £50 return.
So for the distance you are doing it should be about half the price.

Richnkim

Latest Posts

Top Bottom