yobboung

Bob & Bernadette
Airport Health Screening
Does anyone know if Bodrum Airport is currently screening passenger arrivals for Swine Flu/Temperature?
A friend of mine has just returned from Turkey via Dalaman Airport and they are screening there for personal temperature. You go through a type of scanner and if your temp is anyway higher than normal you are taken to one side and possibly refused entry!

Airport Health Screening
When we flew into Bodrum in May they were screening then but we didn't notice any screening when we arrived here on the 10th July.

Last edited by a moderator:

teresa

Free Thinker
Airport Health Screening
A family member arrived with a cough and had to complete a form and declare any illnesses. Needless to say she did not declare said cough and came through ok. I asked her about screening etc for high temperatures and she saw nothing at Dalaman and staff were not wearing masks as they had been earlier in the year.

I did see on the news though that BA and Virgin staff may stop people boarding if they consider them to have a cold or flu. Be nice to the airport staff or they might diagnose you on the spot LOL.

PASH

Airport Health Screening
It seems to be quite relaxed at present but i am sure if the Uk continues with huge increases in cases the destination airports will start getting more strict, especially if the host country has not been to badly effected to date.

Has Turkey got Swine flu problems??

matty

Airport Health Screening
Dalaman airport are still screening on entry before passport control! you are also required to fill out a health declaration form if flying with Thomas cook. no info on Bodrum airport.

Bubskar

Airport Health Screening
I have not heard of the screening at Dalaman and I work most nights doing transfers. I will ask my guests tonight if that is the case. If they are it is a small price to pay for the inconvenience caused when coming into the country.

I myself have had a small scare tonight - my daughter sent an e-mail saying that she has had to call the doctor fearing my grandson may have it. He has had all the symptoms except the cough. She has been in touch with the NHS Trust who are giving consultations over the phone. They do not want patients at the hospitals or in the surgeries. They told her to monitor him and if things get worse in the night they will OK a prescription at her nearest chemist for the anti-viral medication.

I have just heard from her again and it appears his temperature has vastly dropped which is good news. Prior to this her doctor informed her that he would provided anti-viral medication for the whole family and it would mean them staying within the home for one week.

If it gets more serious, it is said that schools will not be opening in September and air travel will be stopped.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Airport Health Screening
We flew to Bodrum on 10th July and whilst flying the staff brought a form to fill in, a couple of questions about health were asked, nothing physical performed when we actually arrived or when we left on 20th July.

captain

Airport Health Screening
Having been told over the last few years that we were all going to die from Aids, SARS, Chicken flu etc etc I'm suprised there's any of us left to be screened :biggrin::biggrin:

Doug

Airport Health Screening
The screening at Dalaman started in May this year. Strangely enough there were two people operating the thermal equipment - one with a mask the other not! The forms were not limited to Thomas Cook passengers, British Midland (chartered by Holidays 4U) asked you to fill them in before boarding and then hand them to the screemers at Dalaman.

Airport Health Screening
i think you will find that every airline is giving you a form to fill in as you come in to dalaman
and they are still screening,you walk through it so maybe some people dont even realise what it is for but it is being done and it is a good idea as it does pick up even if you have a slight temperature

Airport Health Screening
We had to fill in form on the plane Onur to Bodrum in June an fully expecting to do the same next week.
Must remember not to cough or clear my throat on entering airport.

lizziebob

Airport Health Screening
Maybe just my warped mind finding new things to fret about, but what if a lady of a 'certain age' has a hot flush at the relevant moment of passing through a temperature scanner.....consigned to quarantine until she can prove that it's not contagious?????

Airport Health Screening
Maybe just my warped mind finding new things to fret about, but what if a lady of a 'certain age' has a hot flush at the relevant moment of passing through a temperature scanner.....consigned to quarantine until she can prove that it's not contagious?????

I was thinking that as well also what if you are sunburnt?

Or sunburnt with swine flu
Jane

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Airport Health Screening
Just wondering..... can they legally stop you from taking a plane ?
I thought there were no travel restrictions.....

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Airport Health Screening
What if you are sunburnt, have swine flu and are having a hot flush as well??
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Doug

Stay in Turkey and enjoy the wonderful summertime they're having, lol. It's been a typical British Summers Day here, wet, windy and quite cool for July at 14 degrees on the Fylde (Blackpool) Coastal area.

saz

Airport Health Screening
dalaman are still screening - many people may not even be aware but you walk through a sensor and it shows if you have a temp, 2 people on a flight the other day had a temp and were taken out of the airport by abulance to nearest hospital - at least you get to resort quicker!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom