B

biskit4444

Aircon leak
is it normal for aircon to leak water inside after first use

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Aircon leak
It should not be leaking water inside at any time.
But there is a drain pipe which should be sending condensed water (extracted from the room by the air-con) to the outside. If that has not been fitted properly then the water will drip inside your room.

Is it continuing to do this? If so, get the fitters back, it is probably a minor job.

Ian

max2741

Aircon leak
is it normal for aircon to leak water inside after first use

I had the sme problem, the condensate pipe plastered in the wall then under the terrace, lifted the bottom of the unit up disconected the pipe and blew down it and it cleared, also check to see if the unit is level if not the water will may run away from the drain.

cheeky chops

lifes a beach
Aircon leak
we had the same aswell
our pipe outside was blocked with render off the walls and the pipe could not drain so it filled and came back to the unit and drained inside instead of outside .it didnt take to long to sort

cc

jearden

Aircon leak
I had the sme problem, the condensate pipe plastered in the wall then under the terrace, lifted the bottom of the unit up disconected the pipe and blew down it and it cleared, also check to see if the unit is level if not the water will may run away from the drain.

Max,
I have the same problem with one of my units. I'm out there next week and was envisaging a long-winded job to get at the drainpipe connection. I assumed the unit would be screwed hard up against the wall but you describe simply lifting up the bottom of the unit. Can you explain further and save me a lot of hassle.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom