ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Air Passenger Duty Rise
'The cost of air tickets is set to rise tomorrow when the first of two planned increases in airport passenger tax comes into effect.'

Here

C

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Air Passenger Duty Rise
I'll expect an e mail from aegeanflights then, booked all ours in June of this year for next season.

Mushroom

Air Passenger Duty Rise
McDarling has probably let the cat out of the bag by telling us that it has sod all to do with the environment, CO2, global warming or whatever (not the first time we have known that !)
Quite simply it is another stealth tax by Labour trying to claw back some of the billions we now are in debt.
As far as I understand it and please correct me if I am wrong - we are the only suckers in Europe to land this tax - whatever happened to all us 'Europeans' being equal? and it is calculated from the distance between our capital city to those of other countries' capital cities.
The lowest end of the scale is a £11 tax instead of a previous £10 tax for travel by air less than 2000 miles
By my calculations, London to any of our usual Turkish airports will not be affected by a raise of more than £1 because London to Ankara is less than either 2000 miles or 2000 nautical miles. But we shouldn't have it in the first place !!!
That said, If we decide to leave the UK to somewhere else i.e the states we could be hammered for double what we already pay.
I cannot stand the lack of transparency with this lot and the sooner they go the better. I would vote for anyone who tells us the truth, however bad it is and then has the balls to initiate a tax regime which is fair, based on income not the fact that hard working people may just want to have a treat now and again without being clobbered in secondary taxes !
Rant over and back to throwing darts at my McBrown effigy.

Air Passenger Duty Rise
Hope its not backdated then, as yesterday I booked a flight back to the UK for March when our second grandchild is due.

Sue

juco

Air Passenger Duty Rise
I cannot stand the lack of transparency with this lot and the sooner they go the better. I would vote for anyone who tells us the truth, however bad it is and then has the balls to initiate a tax regime which is fair, based on income not the fact that hard working people may just want to have a treat now and again without being clobbered in secondary taxes !
Rant over and back to throwing darts at my McBrown effigy.

I agree with you mushroom, although the fact that Brown can be voted out and someone else voted in doesnt mean we have a democratic country, that was lost a long time ago.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom