moe

Air Conditioning install - is it messy?
we want to get a few air con units fitted into our new build, will there be much mess and how long do they take to fit them?
Moe

murdo

Warp Factor 8
Good question. I was also wondering if it's one of these things that's best fitted while theyre still building the property or not.
Jackie

moe

the thing with some new builds is they sometimes only fit one unit, as they are with ours, but we want extra fitted in other rooms.
Some new builds don't fit any!!!
Mow

Anne

It would depend on whether or not the builder has put the wiring in.
If you only need the units themselves then no, very little mess.
Anne

moe

if the wiring has not been put in, would we be better getting ceiling fans instead to save all the messing about not to mention expense!
Moe

Anne

Fans will only circulate the warm air Moe not take the room temperature down any.

dede

You will have a pleasant surprise if you decide to have this job done, we had our duplex fully air conditioned last year and there was about 5 workmen who completed the whole job in less than half a day , there is a small amount of dust to clean up afterwards, they can normanally find an electrical point for each unit without much trouble, you will see that on the walls of your apartment there is small white or cream plastic covers and that is where they can get an electrical supply from , there are plenty of shops that you can get this system from in Altinkum.

murdo

Warp Factor 8
So dede, are you saying that there are no visible wires after, with the workmen routing in the wires into the walls?
Jackie

puma

dede who done your work have you a connect number cheers

lacashajoc

We had to have the bath changed as they had put the Jaqusie in the wrong Duplex:) and they had to chanel out a line from ceiling to floor Oh No I thought what a mess! but you honestly could not tell they had done any work as even the wall got a coat of paint afterwards , and the whole job only took a couple of hours.:D

alain01

They can conceal any cables...just make sure you know where they are and you don't go knocking picture hooks in....Alan.

dede

We had our air con supplied and installed by the local Arcelik agent in didim,i forget the guy's name but he is the owner and looks a little like Desperate Dan the from the kis's comics ( no offence to anyone) and he is a lovely man,i was quoted £1,750 to have the work done via my estate agent and i looked on the web at the Arcelik website and priced the identical system as per what i was quoted from the estate agent and it came to just over £1,000, when i went to Altinkum i went to see the man at Arcelik and he quoted the same as the web so i flashed a wad of reddies at him and deal done for £1,000, thats air conditioning for all of my 3 bedroomed duplex apartment, with a 10 year warranty. As i said in a previous post that the work was not too messy, there was one of the power points for the unit in one of the bedrooms that was on the opposite side of the room but the cable was clipped to the back of the curtain pelmet and was well concealed, no problems at all, good luck and maybe see you over there in June.

dede

I forgot to mention that it is the better choice to go for the "split type" air conditioning as this will also offer you warm air heating that you may need in the evenings of the early or late months of the year.

murdo

Warp Factor 8
Thanks folks/Dede, just what I needed to know. Dede, can I be cheeky and ask how many units that was?
Jackie

dede

3 x 9,000 btu's for each of the bedrooms and 1 x 20,000 btu's for the large diner/lounge, 4 units in all for £1,000. At a guess you can say £250 per unit but that was the price last September, no doubt prices may have altered due to the demand.My sister also ordered her air conditioning from the same place as ours and also at the same time and for 3 units i beleive she paid £750.The above prices was for the split type air conditioning, i suggest that you go to the Arcelik website and see what you can find out there about current prices as there is an English version of it, good luck.

dede

click on this link www.arcelik.com.tr/cultures/en-us/?language=en-us

when you get there you can choose from the drop down lists of their products and you will find the air con that you may need. For anyone that has bought Arcelik white goods and you have a Turkish manual for it you will also find on this site English versions of most of their products, all you have to do is download them, hope the above helps.

Des

moe

Thanks for the info dede,
very helpful, just what i was looking for
Moe

Latest Posts

Top Bottom