Question for you

bankieken

Air Con Renewal v Repair
We recently returned from our duplex apartment in a very hot Turkey and noticed issues with two of our air con units - one being 18,000 BTU and the other a 12,000 BTU unit. Both are Arcelik, about 15 years old but haven't been subject to a lot of use. Very little in the way of cool air coming out.

Arcelik Servis have visited, inspected and advised that the compressors (the outside units attached to the wall) need to be replaced.

Price to do that is TL9,000 per unit - a total of TL18,000.

Question - Does that price seem high and would it make more sense to replace the whole unit and the compressor at the same time.

shash

shash
Air Con Renewal v Repair
My neighbour in Alanya recently had Arcelık out 5 times because they messed up 5 times on 2 large units and then insisted the units were no good. Barely used but tested twice a year and are about 15 years old. She asked the old boy a few doors along to look at them and hey presto all working well and she also saved herself 18,000 TL.

Kanga

Air Con Renewal v Repair
We had 2 Bosch units serviced in May. Both had filters cleaned etc, but one still didn't work. We were quoted 5200tl to replace something inside the wall unit, don't know what it was called. As we weren't going to be there in July & August we've left it for our buyer to decide what to do with it.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Air Con Renewal v Repair
If a re-gas and leak check doesn't work I would change the out for quality inverters myself.

Mushroom

Air Con Renewal v Repair
We be always made a point of running each unit regularly for at least 15 mins, even when the weather didn't dictate that they were needed, i.e Spring and Autumn, In summer they were used anyway by us or renters.
After 10 years, we only had one dodgy unit that required a re-gas every spring but we replaced it in about year 9.
I think it's a bit like air con in a car.
The gas also acts as a lubricant to the unit, so putting it on for 10+ mins even in winter does the system good.

Air Con Renewal v Repair
We had 3 basic Arçelik air con units pack up at the same time after about 3 years. Their service staff said that the PCB boards on all 3 of the compressor’s outside needed to be replaced. Strange all 3 went at the same time, the cost of the repair wasn’t worth it when you consider a new system would come with a guarantee. We decided not to replace them and bought mossie screens for the doors! I think they work better and last longer when regularly put to use.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Air Con Renewal v Repair
We recently returned from our duplex apartment in a very hot Turkey and noticed issues with two of our air con units - one being 18,000 BTU and the other a 12,000 BTU unit. Both are Arcelik, about 15 years old but haven't been subject to a lot of use. Very little in the way of cool air coming out.

Arcelik Servis have visited, inspected and advised that the compressors (the outside units attached to the wall) need to be replaced.

Question - Does that price seem high and would it make more sense to replace the whole unit and the compressor at the same time.
We have vestel 16 years old get a hosepipe and swill them down around the fan and let dry incase of water I do that every year never been a problem. But I would have thought the price is about right I think an 1800 aircon will be about 15-17000

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Air Con Renewal v Repair

What are the problems?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom