aids day
don't know if this is the right place to post this..today is Aids Day worldwide and the latest figures are frightening...i often wonder about the infection rate in Turkey but there are no figures available. Given the amount of tourists from all over the place and the amount of promiscuity that can be seen in the season.(and out) i can't believe that there is a zero rate...or is it just good luck.

cirali

aids day
shirley, this was also discussed on the front page today of the newspaper "Sabah" and interesting numbers listed on page 4. If you can get a hold of a newspaper have a look.

aids day
thanks..i will have a look ..its such a sad disease...i find it hard to accept the catholic church's stance in not allowing the use of condoms to help prevent the spread.

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
aids day
You are right about that Shirley,
But I don't think to many catholics do agree with that, and luckily the majority of the Turks are Muslim ........ never heard Islam say something about the use of condomns

But the disease is spreading rapidly in Asia and in Russia as well, and with all those Russian tourist coming to Turkey.........

Freda

aids day
A few years ago I went to Mais to renew my visa. The boat was full of Russian propstitutes and they had to pay 3 times the price for their ticket. My understanding is that at that time anyway, they had to renew their visas every month, and have a medical.

aids day
well the colloquial name give to std's is natasha hastalık natasha's sickness..so that sums the attitude up...there are more and more girls from the old russian federation who come for easy work..if it can be called that!..in alanya there's a well known team of mother/daughter /cousin been working here for years and they don't even look tired yet....sorry thats off the topic...which is a serious one.

cirali

aids day
Shirley,

Did you find the article in the Sabah newspaper yesterday. ? It was also listed in the Milliyet. Actually sadly enough the numbers for Turkey are rising. If anybody has applied for Turkish citizenship they will know that an AIDS test is given. Hopefully by this process it can decrease the numbers brought into Turkey. But who knows the best way is for a safe practice. But of couse this cannot stop the ones coming for a "vacation".

aids day
As we can all see from another thread the "Swingers of Calis" if they exist,are obviously as Brits doing their best to restrict the spread in Turkey.
Lets hope they have voluntary AIDS tests every year like some of the stars in Hollywood

Susan

Non Active Member
aids day
Freda said:
A few years ago I went to Mais to renew my visa. The boat was full of Russian propstitutes and they had to pay 3 times the price for their ticket. My understanding is that at that time anyway, they had to renew their visas every month, and have a medical.

What are you on about Russian Prostitutes for, there are plenty of Brits there doing their share as well, but think it is the other way round, in a way they are paying the Turkish men to sleep and live with them, well they keep handing out money to them, then get right upset when they just disapear with it.

And some of these Russian Girls have no choice, but take this path in life, it is called survival for them and their families back in Russia.

At least Brits have a choice in the sort of lifestyle they choose.

Do not see any of the Brits making sure they have a check up or get their young Turks to have a check for AIDS before they hop into bed with them.

And please don’t tell me that they all practise safe sex, because if you do that is a load of bullshit.

jane2005

Can't get enough
aids day
shirleyanntr said:
well the colloquial name give to std's is natasha hastalık natasha's sickness..so that sums the attitude up...there are more and more girls from the old russian federation who come for easy work..if it can be called that!..in alanya there's a well known team of mother/daughter /cousin been working here for years and they don't even look tired yet....sorry thats off the topic...which is a serious one.

Easy job??????? I take my hat off to them, I would be knackered before my first coffee break. I certainly wouldn't volunteer for overtime.

aids day
Susan said:
What are you on about Russian Prostitutes for, there are plenty of Brits there doing their share as well, but think it is the other way round, in a way they are paying the Turkish men to sleep and live with them, well they keep handing out money to them, then get right upset when they just disapear with it.

And some of these Russian Girls have no choice, but take this path in life, it is called survival for them and their families back in Russia.

At least Brits have a choice in the sort of lifestyle they choose.

Do not see any of the Brits making sure they have a check up or get their young Turks to have a check for AIDS before they hop into bed with them.

And please don’t tell me that they all practise safe sex, because if you do that is a load of bullshit.
Precisely Susan
I think Freda was just making a point about the influx from Russia but why should the Brits think they are God Almighty and can put it about how they like without any responsibility.
Everywhere we have ever gone in history,our way has of course been "the best" and any poor country we were imposing our ideas on didnt have much option.
Just because we think we are more civilised,doesnt give us the right to be always right in our approach to anything.

aids day
Jane it was with tongue in cheek that i said easy work..it's anything but.however not all poor girls and women resort to it...in Alanya there are a fair share of scandanavian girls on the game through the season....but whatever turns you on..live and let live.
i don't think Freda said anything inflamatory..she wasn't being judgemental either.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom