sheebz

agency fees
more advice plese
Is it common practice for the buyer to pay the sellers fees,my solicitor found out day before signing that £5000 of what i thought was purchase price is in fact sellers fees, added to this my fees[for which they have charged me 3%
of the full amount!] im really peeved that theyve tried to slide this past me, whereas if theyd told me it would probably have been ok,
If you can make sense of this id appreciate any advice Thanks

bobthenob

Non Active Member
agency fees
did you buy off the builder.Because their is a fee for the seller and another one for the buyer to pay to the estate agent.The buyer does not pay the seller fee's.it is the seller that must pay this.lt sounds like a fast one again behind the back door.Your solicitor better try and get this money back,since you have employed him to do a proper job.
On receipt of your authorisation,you will need to pay a tax to purchase your property.This is 3% of the total value stated on your title deeds,and in most cases this is shared equally between the seller and the buyer.This may vary from resort to resort.The commission to be payed to the agent at this point is 3% to the buyer and 3% to the seller[it used to be 3%]But by what you have stated,l do think this is way over priced and should be looked into where the seller is avoiding the payment.

Last edited:

PASH

agency fees
Normal practice is 3% from the buyer and 3% from the seller to the agent, thats it! Sounds like they are pulling a fast one, what did your contract state?

sheebz

agency fees
this is a re sale,the agents said the value of the property wss £40,000 and is was to pay them 3% of this which is what we agreed , however when the seller was asked to signa charge for £40,000 he wouldnt sign it as he siad he was only getting £35,000,And that the other £5,000 was going to the agents as his fees, which means that effectively im paying £ 6,400 fees!! seems excessive to me too!

PASH

agency fees
Thats illegal. £1200 from you and £1200 from the seller would be the norm. They will have a scam going together to rip you off. I would name and shame

agency fees
Sheebz, it looks like the seller has said they want X amount in their hand for their property and told the Emlak to put their fees on top, then still charged you their 3% fee. This is what I think has happened and it shouldn't have happened, its just greed. You need to take it up with your Emlak.

Carol

sweetyali

agency fees
not necessarily a scam between them. We found a similar thing recently , saw a villa in an estate agents window £150k looked lovely but above our price range. In the next estate agents we looked at the same villa for £25K less!!! we enquired at the cheaper one was the price correct they phoned the seller who said yes. Apparently the other agents if they sell it would pocket £25k plus their commission. The seller has subsequently stopped them advertising her villa.

agency fees
I was looking at a property & seen it on 3 agents sites prices were £35k,£40k & £45k so draw your own conclusions.The vendor contacted me via 1 agent & did not know 2 were asking more than they wanted.

agency fees
this is the same situation that i am in, the estate agent has told our buyer that we cant afford to pay our fees, when infact we have done no such thing, they are trying to charge our buyer £5,000 pounds fee, any advice on this gratefully received.....would really love to name and shame these people on here!!!!

panther

agency fees
There's too much manipulation going on with people's properties for emlaks own personal gratification.

They are just there to negotiate 3% from buyer and 3 % from seller. They then get a good commission 6%. Anything on top of this is ripping people off.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom