ivy

Age of School leavers
What is the age of leaving school? There was a young boy said he left school at the age of 11years.

lorraine

Non Active Member
Age of School leavers
true and a worry, but yes, they have to complete the primary education upto 11yrs of age, if the family can afford to let them continue their education they will, or they have to work to help support the family, it is very sad.

ivy

Age of School leavers
Yes, this 11year was helping his uncle in the bazaar and a long way from home. He used to run when he saw me because I used to ask him why he wasn't he in school and he said 'finish.'

Lynda

In my dreams I'm dancing
Age of School leavers
We have a group of kids down here, always on the street with their dead flowers or weighing machines. Oldest must be about 11yrs youngest about 5yrs :(Police pick them up constantly but because can not keep them anywhere they are released back to their family, where 15 of them all live together. If they go to school I do not know when as I see them winter & summer. They run when they see me as I have had a few run ins with them.. taking purses etc.. These children are not children they are minature adults & quite aggressive... real worry & real sad.. talked with council about them but they throw there hands in the air...

ivy

Age of School leavers
Also the children in Dolphin square in the dark and at night selling phone cards and coming around the tables selling bangles they only look 7 8 or 9 years old. My friend and I discussed about their parents not being worried about them that time of night.

alain01

Age of School leavers
The "kids" were doing that when I first visited Turkey 13 years ago Ivy so it doesn't look as if anyone is really interested in doing something about it..

Latest Posts

Top Bottom