CATHNJOHN

AEGEANFLIGHTS to charge for hold baggage
Hi i dont know if this has been posted already but we booked the other night for next summer 2010 and when we looked at the smallprint they are only giving away free hold baggage as an early booking incentive until the 1st of July after that everything except hand luggage is charged for.

maxine366

Thanks for that, i also booked the other night and didn't read the small print.
I wonder what they will be charging for hold lugage after the 1st of July?
Maxine

Mushtaq

Founding Member
I find their website pretty useless in finding any fares, so don't use them.

Dellol

I find their website pretty useless in finding any fares, so don't use them.

Sometimes, you have to see past useless and trudge through a website to get the best fares, especially if you're on a budget....

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Sometimes, you have to see past useless and trudge through a website to get the best fares, especially if you're on a budget....

I have not been able to find any fares at all, every time I have tried to use it and my dates it, nothing comes up, unless everyone is looking for year in advance, I usually look for couple of weeks in advance.

Oh no, not another airline charging for baggage. Don't they all realise that as 'homeowners and frequent Turkey holiday makers' we need to take things out to Turkey, its a must. I'm worried that this will start a big ball rolling with other airlines. Aegean use Onur Air which is Turkish Airline lets hope Pegasus, Atlas and THY don't follow.

Oh no, not another airline charging for baggage. Don't they all realise that as 'homeowners and frequent Turkey holiday makers' we need to take things out to Turkey, its a must. I'm worried that this will start a big ball rolling with other airlines. Aegean use Onur Air which is Turkish Airline lets hope Pegasus, Atlas and THY don't follow.
Its a fair system. The ones who treat extra baggage as "a must" pay for the privilege for asking the airline to carry things they cant live without. The ones who travel light pay less. Maybe the airlines have got wise to the travellers who we have all been next to at check-in who have all the excuses in the world for not paying excess baggage, and claiming not to know they're only allowed 15/20kg (even though its stated on the booking). Why should we all subsidise the travellers who need to carry everything but the kitchen sink with them? This way you pay for what you bring. And if you dont like the airline Ts&Cs, dont travel with them.

Its a fair system. The ones who treat extra baggage as "a must" pay for the privilege for asking the airline to carry things they cant live without. The ones who travel light pay less. Maybe the airlines have got wise to the travellers who we have all been next to at check-in who have all the excuses in the world for not paying excess baggage, and claiming not to know they're only allowed 15/20kg (even though its stated on the booking). Why should we all subsidise the travellers who need to carry everything but the kitchen sink with them? This way you pay for what you bring. And if you dont like the airline Ts&Cs, dont travel with them.

Thanks for that, I don't take the kithen sink!. I only take what I need and I AM ALWAYS WITHIN MY LIMIT. I am still taking things we need for our apartment. If I was over my limit I would gladly pay. And yes it is my choice who I travel with.
I assume your luggage is in carrier bag.

Fendouglas

Gangless!
"The ones who travel light pay less."

We, too, are quite prepared to pay for excess baggage on the odd occaision we exceed the limit - I suppose you're one of the people whose idea of travelling light is a 'small' suitcase which takes up half the overhead luggage compartment?

If I'm perfectly honest, when we first bought in Turkey 4 years ago, we thought we had to bring most things over.
A lot of it was to try and save the time of seaching in Turkey. Other times we thought certain items would not be available in Turkey. We now know this is not true.
The list was endless...
DVD player, Blankets, Deep Fat fryer, etc (even Pictures for the wall for god sake!!!)
We now realise that most of the stuff (if not all) can be bought in Turkey; and in a lot of cases, we've since discovered, cheaper.

Mel.

gwendy

gwendy
I have for the first time had to pay for my luggage with thomas cook, they charge £8.00 for hold luggage, but you do get 20k ,as I normally pay £7.00 with them to upgrade from 15k to 20 k,so its not made much difference 'this time'

"The ones who travel light pay less."

I suppose you're one of the people whose idea of travelling light is a 'small' suitcase which takes up half the overhead luggage compartment?

Not at all. Infact I think airlines should also charge for cabin luggage as well to stop the sort of behaviour you falsely attribute to me. This would give the same people who whinge at excess baggage charges something else to whinge at. As always its a case of people wanting something for nothing all the time and moaning when they have to pay the market price for what they choose to take on aircraft. Of course its far easier to try to blame somebody else instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.

jumbo

I also feel if the tour operators are charging for excess baggage they should be charging people their combined weight. So when you arrive at the check in point you stand on a set of scales with your suitcase & if you are over the limit you then pay the excess.
Jumbo

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
Hi

I don't know whether I struck it lucky, but I managed to book a flight before end of June from Mancherster to Bodrum with no problems and no charge for luggage.

Had I left it until mid-July or later, I would have expected problems.

Not flown with Aegean previously, so cannot comment on their services., but their website was not bad.

Tried to use Eurostar recently, for completely different reasons, and found it a nightmare. Maybe the time of day I used it. Mind you, I guess the best time to use any site is between 0300 and 0600!!

Tommie

akbukowl

Why carry clothes etc over if you own your apartment leave the stuff there and travel on hand luggage

PASH

I booked with Thomsons for this year and they charged £32 each for hold baggage return and to add insult to injury, £12 each so we could sit together! I am also getting text messages daily from them asking me to reply yes or no to happy with the service - PS this return text costs £1. Another text today asking me to enter their free flight competition - In Mexico, do they speak spanish or french? answers £1.50 arggg!!

3m's

what I object to are when people are made to swap hand luggage over into their hold baggage and others go thro and buy 6+ 1ltr bottles of booze, and dont have any excess charges because they are in duty free

jumbo

Hi 3m's
Basically they are all out to rip us off. £150 flights become £220 with all the extra's
Jumbo

Latest Posts

Top Bottom