gasmanian

Aegean flights
Received confirmation today that Aegean flights have cancelled all flights from Birmingham to Bodrum on the 10th & 17th October due to lack of sales.Gave us an alternative to fly from Manchester on Fri. 9th October but not convenient.Birmingham airport only 20 mins.away.Not a happy bunny at the moment.Two 16yr olds to contend with,very long faces.

Aegean flights
Happened to us twice. First time cancelled our return flight to Bham went to airport and they told us we would fly back to Manchester via London, no transfer to Bham where our car was either that was December. Last December they cancelled our return flight again saying we could go for 1 week or go earlier for 2 (xmas week). We had a full refund and flew with Pegasus costing more money. If they keep doing this no one will fly with them after September, they keep doing this and expect us passengers to put up with it.

Peregrine

Aegean flights
............. cancelled ................ due to lack of sales........................

it kind of says it all really - if there isnt the demand then there wont be the flights

You just have to face up to it that you will have to go to one of the "major" airports

sad, but true

PASH

Aegean flights
No wonder Aegean have a lack of sales if they keep cancelling and inconveniencing the few customers they have! I fear they may go the way of others and suddenly go bust!

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Aegean flights
Just had my flight cancelled on 4 th Oct from East Mids to Bodrum - offered Birmingham on 3 rd as an alternative - this was my return flight to Turkey as going back on 22 nd Sept to have my back sorted ( hopefully ) !!
Not the first time with Aegean - never will book with them again !

Aegean flights
Hi,

We used to always fly with Aegean Flights (Onur Air) as they have more leg room than Thomas Cook.
This year they have charged £6 for hold baggage like all of the others BUT this is only for 15kgs-not 20kg like Thomas Cook , Easyjet etc. If you want 20 kilos of luggage you have to pay an amazing £26 per case-and you have to book it there and back-so £52 each.

Many people take so much stuff over for their 'holiday' homes that now Aegean Flights are no longer an option for them-I certainly wouldn't pay £52 for a 20kg case.

Aegean Flights customer service is dreadful-always cancelling flights. They have done nothing but alienate their loyal customers.

Jet2.com have recently started operating from our local airport-£10.99 for 22kg of hold luggage plus 10kg of cabin baggage-Aegean Flights can't hope to compete.

Ann

Aegean flights
I was offered a flight with them from Bham one way for 12th £59 which is good but I then have to book return in Turkey and hope to get one back in time for the 25th, have booked with Turkish Airlines round trip with good flight times, so glad I wasn't hoping to get back with Aegean. I agree with you Sue, only use them as a last resort

Martyn

Aegean flights
I will, i'd rather pay the full fare now and know where i stand. It's one thing changing the time but to change the airport and day :hand:

parrot

Aegean flights
Returning with them in october,with 20kilo of luggage although don't need 20k coming back.We have travelled with them many times and except for once,when Glasgow airport was bombed and the resulting chaos,never had a problem.We use them from and to Gatwick,more bums on seats is the answer.It depends what you call expensive the 59 &79 pound fares will be few and far between,it also doesn't help when people come on dare I say in my humble opinion,gloating at getting the cheap flights.

dawn6532

Aegean flights
Never had a problem with Aegean and been using them for 5 years however I do only fly in July or August so the planes will be full. Can say I have only been delayed up to 2 hours with them not like a 19 hour one with another airline mentioned on here. Aegean a lot cheaper for next year than T C. Only gripe and not a big one is that on the day the flights were released their system wasnt playing properly so couldnt book my first choice of dates.

Aegean flights
I hate to 'gloat' but last August we had a quote from Aegean into Bodrum and is was over £200 more expensive than the one we booked and came with (another well known Turkish airline). One ways are often cheaper but unless you have a lot of time to spare and no deadline on getting back sometimes its difficult to get back on the dates you need.
We have never had delays with Aegean just cancelled flights, they used to be one of the only ones offering flights all through the winter and its a shame they cannot offer this anymore.

Wardentree

Aktas Gumusluk/Spalding
Aegean flights
We just had ours cancelled from EM on 20th Spet and back on the 4th Oct we are having to fly from Man and back to Newcatle wot a pain!!!

sandr

Members Stuart & Ros
Aegean flights
Is it not Onur's decision to cancel the flight, Aegean/H4U only act as agents for them don't they? If you were running the airline would you wish to fly a half full plane and take the consequent financial losses that would occur?

guinevere

Aegean flights
they changed all our flights for the year ,earlier in the year ,but am waiting as friend goes back into birmingham on the 3rd ,partner flies out on 3rd and back in on the 17th .this could be a nighmare !

Bubskar

Aegean flights
Is it not Onur's decision to cancel the flight, Aegean/H4U only act as agents for them don't they? If you were running the airline would you wish to fly a half full plane and take the consequent financial losses that would occur?

As an employee of H4U and Aegean (don't start throwing rocks at me) the above quote is pretty accurate. If there are not adequate bookings, then it is not viable to run an empty plane. Ideally all involved in tourism would like to see a longer season. Unfortunately like so many holiday companies this year in particular (including the big boys Thomas Cook etc) everyone has taken a bashing due to the economical climate, numbers are down and there have been a lot of staff lay offs because of this. Like any other business it is a continuing circle whereby the companies want to make money to keep solvent, hence the high rise in fares but the customer does not want to pay the high prices so they don't book! I have every sympathy for people who have booked their holiday only to be told at a later date that their flight has been cancelled. Aegean do their best to offer alternative routes, but alas it is not always convenient for most people. To answer the question about "all year round flights" with Aegean (Onur Air), because there was a lot of interest, predominantly by ex pats living here (petitions etc), they gave it a try, I believe in 2007. They soon learned, however, that there was no demand and were forced to come out of the winter schedule.

Aegean flights
Spot on Bubskar. people tend to forget these are charter companies, ie they charter aircraft from an airline and if its not profitable to fly, then they wont fly. Simple as that. This of course is totally different to the likes of Turkish Airlines who fly every day into Istanbul whether the plane is full or has only 10 passengers on it. And of course, thats why you pay a premium for a scheduled flight. You are right about Aegean trying out the winter programme and pulling it because it wasnt profitable. Some people tend to think these airlines are in business just for the benefit of villa owners which obviously is not the case. Of course it would be lovely if you all could get a flight from your local tin shed airport to the airport of your choice for fifty quid but its not going to happen. Talk of boycotting airlines is quite dramatic in a forum sort of way but will obviously have no effect whatsover on increasing routes and reducing prices. Quite the reverse, the less people who book, the more likely routes will be pulled and even airlines go bust. Having holiday plans cancelled or changed is obviously irritating and disappointing but sometimes you have to live with it, and realise commercial decisions have to be made which may mean the difference to you being able to fly at all next year from your local airport or having to travel hundreds of miles to use a more profitable route.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom