Advice please regards electricty
Hi,we moved into our house in Akbuk 5 weeks ago.We found an old electricity bill from a while ago inside the house.The bill was for a silly amount of a couple of TL.We dont have the Tapu in our name yet so the electricity is still in the name of the previous owners.
We hoped we would get a bill during the last 5 weeks that we could take into the Aydem office and then make sure there was nothing else outstanding and pay up to date.However,we have not had a bill left so we went into the Aydem office in Didim this week to see what we could find out only to be told,by sign and shakes of head,that there was no one to answer questions in the office because no one spoke english.
So whats our best way of dealing with this,should we just wait till we get a bill,should we have had one by now.
We feel we need to sort this as we dont want any problems with electricity supply.
Any helpfull advice out there???
Mavis

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
If the Tapu isnt in your name you cant register in your name for electric, so by that I guess the person named on the tapu is responsible, can you not take a turkish freind with you

martin

I know that I cant register yet,all I want to do is pay.So long as the bills are paid then we wont have a supply problem.I'm sure Aydem wont care who the money comes from so long as they get it.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
I dont think you can pay directly..turkish red tape and that.. take a turkish friend to the office and ask for advice

martin

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
You need to take a note of the meter reading now and also take a photograph, preferably one that prints the date and the time on it.

That's what I did for my place and that's when they charged me from.

C

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Mavis, the elec company are not interested in the tapu for the purpose of paying bills. You can pay the bill, or set up a Direct Debit with the bank, on the last owners bill - it is the reference numbers that are the important bit = number of the meter.
If you get the bank to do it, get them to look back to what is owed, otherwise they will only pay the next bill.

Ian

Top Bottom