lenlec

advice please on bedding etc
hi all.

i`m in the process of getting all my little bits and bobs for my 2 bed apt. the developer wants around £2000 just to kit it out with pillows sheets, cutlery, cups plates, rugs, patio table n chairs etc etc, o and a dvd player.
this seems well expensive, any advice on doing it cheaper, any shops in altinkum to buy it all?

thanks andy

Martyn

Who are you buying from? We used Site Mobilya four years ago and he was still there last June. He is on Ataturk Bulv.

jewel

Andy if you have the time,go and do it yourself....much cheaper and much more fun picking your own things.For your DVD etc go to one of the supermarkets,plenty of shops for your bedding and you can pick up your cups/cutlery in many shops in Altinkum or take a trip to Ikea. jewel x

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
why not hire a doblo and go to metro in bodrum for bedding pillows crockery etc, its pretty cheap.

martin

stevecarol

Sounds very expensive to me.Shop around and dont be afraid to haggle hard.
Its more fun too sorting it yourself.

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Do it yourself that's a small fortune for bits and bobs. Try the Million shop on Attaturk Boulevard which is a few door down on the same side as the Carrefour supermarket. It's a little Aladdin's cave full of alsorts of things you didn't even realise you needed. All items re priced up so no need to stress about being ripped off nd the staff are helpful. We take all our customers there.
For furniture and large items then there are a variety of stores to choose from but shop around. We use Engil Mobilya for ease as they are near our development but I would look and haggle lots and don't buy until you are ready...don't be pushed into it by pushy staff.
Good luck and have fun.
P.S
Tell your builder he's having a laugh...£2k...nuts!

Last edited:
2000 oof..thats far too much for the things you say..shop around yourself..and ask if they give discounts for cash before you buy...i think places like Metro and the supermarkets are expensive...

mintyk

Just up fro, the shopping centre is One Stop,, they got lovely crockery and all home stuff, nice modern and much better than getting someone else to get it in for you. Million Shop good too. Site Mobilya is still there.

If you can get to Bodrum there is Kipa which is owned by Tesco, many familiar things which are Tesco branded i.e bread makers, next door is metro, for beds, white goods etc and next door is Koc tac which is B&Q they all deliver free of charge you should be able to get all you need from these three superstores and they will deliver the same day for no extra cost direct to your house the B&q blokes also assembled our bunk beds free of charge basic furnishing should only cost about £800.00 they are also on the same side of the road within 300metres of each other in ortakent.

juco

`m in the process of getting all my little bits and bobs for my 2 bed apt. the developer wants around £2000

That price is a joke! About less than half that price then negotiate.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
If you can get to Bodrum there is Kipa which is owned by Tesco, many familiar things which are Tesco branded i.e bread makers, next door is metro, for beds, white goods etc and next door is Koc tac which is B&Q they all deliver free of charge you should be able to get all you need from these three superstores .

Good advice and there's the guy in the middle of these he sells all your Terrace/Balcony furniture, he talks you to death, but his prices are excellent and he loves to haggle with you, it's great fun. We bought all our furniture from one of the shops nearby, and crockery etc in a little shop in our village in Yalikavak, again he sells everything that you never thought you'd need, also we like to spread our money around so the smaller shops get some of the sales too. Happy shopping, we did all our own and it was a week well worth investing our time in. Have fun.

SAMIMI

Have a look in Carrefour, the branch here in Turgutreis has fine douvets for only 12.90TL.each.

I would do it yourself, go to the largest local supermarket Kipa, Metro and get everything in one go. Saying that we brought all our bedding with us, some of the Turkish bedding was a bit too pattered for my taste, we just bought from Primark, Shaws, Tescos, Asda Etc and brought it over in our cases, take the packaging off it does make a difference weight wise.

Just bring one set for each bed to begin with and then bring something everytime you visit, with most airlines it doesnt matter about the quantity you bring just the weight so you can take things like quilts and bedding put in light holdall or even strong black bags.

Jane

I agree with Jane, we came out end of January 5 years ago to do ours. We bought our own sheets, the duvets came one by one on our visits, I didn't like the look of th e Turkish ones and wanted plain covers. Towels from Turgetries market. Kitchenware was from Metro beacuse Kippa wasn't open but it is a great place for household stuff. You will pic k things up from local shops too. We had a lot of stuff from Koc Tac too. We hired a dublo and us and our scottish friends went shopping most days inbetween waiting for curtains and furniture to be fitted and/or delivered.Over the years we have purchased a dishwasher, oven and a couple of pieces of furniture to add to our home.In my opinion its better to choose the stuff yourself as your home is personal to you. If you have purchased somewhere just to rent out then it doesn't matter so much, don't forget things like diy tools and a small stepladder if you intend to do any diy yourself. We also chose to do the cleaning ourselves, it was winter so we weren't missing the sun by cleaning but we saved £50 and it was done to my standards.
Enjoy the shopping and we wish you all the best with your new home

lenlec

thanks so much for all your advice,
i worked it out that if i got it all in the uk it would cost me around £600 max, god knows why the developer want £2000, originally he wanted £2400.

andy

anniem

hi if you bring sheets from uk get kingsize ones as double dont fit the double beds over there single ones are ok

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
thanks so much for all your advice,
i worked it out that if i got it all in the uk it would cost me around £600 max, god knows why the developer want £2000, originally he wanted £2400.

andy

I would say it's fairly self evident to why he wanted £2000 from you.

Definately do it yourself as others have advised.

I also bought loads of bits and bobs at home in Poundland they alway have a good selection of kitchen accessories just used to pick up a couple everytime I went to town and put them in with the luggage, we even took power tools, cheap £15 Asda DVD player etc.

We just told them at check in we were taking power tools etc and after checking in as normal we were directed to the xray machine with our luggage and it was xrayed there and then (saves putting it through and being called back later when they xray it and want to open your case to see what it is) The man operating the machine said " off to do a bit of DIY in your place abroad are you" so I imagine loads of people do this.

There are four off us travelling(so 4 x 20kilo) and touch wood have never been over with our luggage, I usually take enough bacon and cheese to sink a ship, and also a teenage daughter with all the clothes, shoes and hair straighteners and accessories that she absolutely must take. lol

Jane

Last edited:
If you hire a dublo then you could do a trip to Ikea at Izmir, make a day of it and see some beautiful scenery on the way, Im sure there would be someone local to you who'd like to go with you on a trip to Ikea. Wish they'd hurry up and build one in Bodrum.
I agree about the sheets, but if you only wan plain white and not fitted you can get them from Metro.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom