Catvt

Advice on buying
Hello to everyone on this forum.
I am currently looking at properties in the Gumusluk area and went to see some today in Gumsan 2. I love the complex and have been totally charmed, but having read some of the posts on here regarding Nokta and tapu problems I am now frankly rather scared about buying. I have only been in Turkey for a week and am finding it difficult to wade through all of the pitfalls and feel rather vulnerable.
The estate agents (unsurprisingly) seem to suggest that because Gumsan is an older site there is never a problem with the deeds etc....however, I have never been one for trusting estate agents particularly. I would much rather listen to people such as yourselves who have been through the process and understand it better than myself!
It is so encouraging that there is such a good forum up and running and it seems like a good sense of community. So if anyone can help me by explaining the problems that you had with Nokta and whether or not these are still causing problems for new buyers in the area, your help would be HUGELY appreciated.
Thanks
Cat

mollag

Kipper restorer
Advice on buying
Hi, you generally are ok with Gumsan as the Tapus are established with no real opportunity for fraudulent conversion of the tapu.
In the main the frauds have been on new builds and off plan sales, a lot less than genuine sales though.
You are wise to be cautious but it is possible to buy here with a happy result, many of us have.---good luck

Catvt

Advice on buying
Thanks so much for your quick response. I am glad it was such a positive one too! So the problems that forum members have had with Nokta are not an issue? Are they still the management company for Gumsan? Also, if the person I buy from has a Tapu does this mean that mine will definitely be given? Sorry for so many questions!
Also, if you have any recommendations for solicitors or agents that would be very appreciated...or more to the point any that should be avoided!
Thanks again
Cat

neutral

Advice on buying
The key to buying in Turkey is to get a good solicitor who will check everything like tapu hab cert etc.Gumsan 2 should be okay as it was the latter projects that have caused so much trouble for buyers.I'm sure some one who owns a property in Gumsan 2 will answer your query shortly on the management of the site.
best of luck with the process.

Advice on buying
Hi Cat, as mollag says you should be ok with gumsan, call in to us at gunulcelen for a chat, we might be able to put your mind at rest. Jim

gordie

gordie
Advice on buying
Hi cat
İ am english and live and have owned my house here on Gumsan for 18 years. There is NO problem !!! İ also have TWO houses for sale on the Sitesi - at a cost MUCH lower then i bet that you have been quoted. Can be completed within a few days - PROVİDİNG thet you have military clearance !!
PM me for further details
Gordie

CJD

Advice on buying
How could catvt already have military clearance Geordie??
you make the application on the property that you
are buying. even when I bought a second property I had
to apply for military clearance again.

My advice would be to find a resale property with the correct
tapu in place, pay only a small deposit untill your military clearance comes through balance on completion

Good luck enjoy the hunt:roundgrin

gordie

gordie
Advice on buying
Hi
Nokta ARE NOT the management company for Gumsan. İt is operated by a private co-operative. Site fees are 80TL per month which covers path lighting,gardeners,rubbish,free transport to/from beach (in season) sewage etc.
Nokta are involved with 20 apartments near to the beach, which is NOT part of Gumsan.
Gordie

Advice on buying
I would suggest taking your time, dont rush into it whatever the agents tell you properties dont get snapped up very fast!
visit again, maybe try walking from the villa to see what is close, I have spoken to quite a few people who love the villas in that area but wish they were closer to more shops, bars etc.

Catvt

Advice on buying
Wow! Thanks so much for all your helpful advice everyone. I am so glad that forums like this exist! Also, I will be staying here in the winter and am a bit scared I will be the only one here...do many of you stay all year here?

Advice on buying
HI again, there are many people living here year round, so you wont be on your own and lot's of things to do here in gumusluk. Jim

captain

Advice on buying
Wow! Thanks so much for all your helpful advice everyone. I am so glad that forums like this exist! Also, I will be staying here in the winter and am a bit scared I will be the only one here...do many of you stay all year here?

Many people who own villas and apartments in the area are coming and going all year round. I doubt you'll be on your own there - you'll probably find other owners appearing now and then!
Doug

mollag

Kipper restorer
Advice on buying
There is a good network of expats here, a lot of nice people, you wont go lonely.
Try a visit to Ken and Jim at the pension, its a hub for meeting folks.
Also consider Turkish lessons, its a good way to meet folk and learn a new skill.
Take your time in all things and remember you are in a different time zone so put your watch back 40 years :roundgrin

muscari

Advice on buying
hi..my advise to you would be ...dont buy....rent and see how you feel after a few visits,,,and even then i advise you just to rent and keep money in bank..there are lots of issues here on buying even if its not off plan or new builds....they all can have problems....i dont want spoil any dreams you may have...just rent x

davenpat

Advice on buying
Hi,
there are no problems on Gumsan with tapu's.
We have had a place for four years on Gumsan 1.
Just make sure that if you buy a property anywhere, there are no outstanding debts on it, as you will be liable for them.
Good luck,
Dave.:3:

davenpat

Advice on buying
Hi again,
If you need a good agent, try Sunshine Turkish Homes, totally honest and trustworthy, they may also be known as A house in Bodrum.
Good Luck,
Dave.

Advice on buying
Hi cat
İ am english and live and have owned my house here on Gumsan for 18 years. There is NO problem !!! İ also have TWO houses for sale on the Sitesi - at a cost MUCH lower then i bet that you have been quoted. Can be completed within a few days - PROVİDİNG thet you have military clearance !!
PM me for further details
Gordie

hi, as you live in gumusluk, do you know anything about the Sea-View villas and apartments, overlooking the bay. i have seen them on another agents site advertised as Midnight apartments. i would appreciate any info you may have, as i am going over on saturday 14th to view some properties and i love the location of these.
thanks.

dlturk7

Advice on buying
Hi Culture Vulture,

I just bought a detached villa with a great view in Gumusluk. Several villas down from me is a larger one, also with a great view. If interested, PM me and I'll give you the contact person.

gordie

gordie
Advice on buying
Hi There
Yes there ARE problems at Seaside Residence. My friend Mike Underwood Owns one apartment there. He is in UK now.
As na owner, he knows the COMPLETE story, so İ suggest that you drop him an email. Don't think he is on this forum------- BEWARE !!!
Regards
Gordie

Last edited by a moderator:

lippy

Advice on buying
Besides asking about the tapu ask to if the habitation certificate has been issued and demand to see it,don't be fobbed off,demand to see it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom