soulmates2uk

gary and sharon
advice needed re current tv via dreambox
weve had DrDish for one year no probs except we rise late and go to bed late often watching films at 1am where it froze a lot only a few mins at a time but very annoying
Weve recently swopped to fantay (another provider like dr dish signal via internet through dreambox get sky films sports itv plus most of dr dish channels, dave, gold, premier etc 300 tl pa) and watching itv with x factor, sky channels films etc has been great but same problem after midnight
were on unlimited internet 49tl pm
can anyone say from experiance if going onto a faster speed will cure this if so do you have cost
anyone having either system had a similar problem or anyone got any other advice cheers:boohoo:

catweazle

its not an internet problem, as all that does is gets the key to descramble the channel.
the problem is prob a dish size problem, what size dish do you have, ideally it needs to be 4meters plus.

although saying that does it go completely after midnight if it does and breaks up a bit first then it is a dish size problem.
the internet although only used to get key from a card sharing server it does rely on the server being online all the time

hope this helps

Last edited:

Mushroom

Any other advice............. How about- go to bed earlier and spend less time watching the telly ?

Marc

Hi,

couple of things to check;

1. picking up earthing inteference (from TV, DVD, Sat box) normally you can tell as when you touch the metal parts you can get a little bit of a tingle :ranting:

Quite easy to do by undoing one of the screws on the satelite box and getting a run of electric cable and winding it around the screw before replacing then on the other end of the cable put a 3 pin plug on it with the earth connected. this helped with the consistency of my signal.

2. Re-tuning, if their not using a sat finder then it can take a couple of attempts but you need to use a fringe channel to get it tuned properly, one the channels that is just on the edge of reception in this neck of the woods is C4, so get them to re-tune C4 and you should acheive 72% in decent weather

hope this helps

Last edited:

The Igor

Wreckage
I´m on dreambox and watching satellites Thor and Sirius (mainly scandinavian channels) and i am not satified at all. Got one 3.2 meter dish of my own and also hooked up to the neighbors 4.2 meter dish.

I´ve been thoroughly investigating the problem and the first thing one have to do is to buy a high quality microwave head like for example the MTI High Line series Microelectronics Technology Inc. > Products > LNB > High Line Series. This one is supposed to be one of the best heads for weak signals out there. If your antenna cable is very long (more than 25 meters), also use a line amplifier like this one Swedish Microwave and connect it direcly after the micowave head or disecq if using one.

Best is of course to ge a bigger satellite dish, but generally thats difficult because of the space needed. Our roof looks more or less like a dish forest now :)

johnk49

I too have a Dreambox and I'm fairly pleased with it apart from when it freezes,some channels are just better than others.Ideally,because I like the idea of the DigiTurk-Plus box,I would like to have both systems installed.Does anyone know if thats possible?

hijo

in my own clique
..soulmates box is now up and running ..the problem was his cordless phone ..it was interfering ..now disconnected the phone and all is well..:95im:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
what size and how many dishes does the dreambox system use ?

with thanks

martin

hijo

in my own clique
don,t know the actual size yalimart...but it only goldmaster dishes...you can get away with one ,depends what programmes you had before and you want to keep,..i have two dishes but i still have nilesat that i had before..:thumbup:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom