Toxteth

Advice needed for newbies...;-)
(Old)Beginners in Yalikavak…

In September we are coming for the first time to our villa in Yalikavak, after buying it in July this year, we were there once already but just for a few days during the purchase process.

Being new to Turkey we would appreciate to get some practical advice/help from the all you well established TLR-experts.The villa is empty (except for fixtures and fittings and kitchen) and we also need some basics to start with, such as Fridge/freezer, washing machine and Cooker(gas). Where should we go - which shops - around Yalikavak/Bodrum to get these things for a fairly
reasonable price and quickly (delivery etc...)? Next thing is some furniture – beds etc. We need fairly good quality but don't expect anything luxurious...;-)
We were checking TLR for information, but some information we found is quite old, it seems that TLR's members are already well established...Any other good suggestions as to how to organize this would be greatly appreciated...no secondhand stuff please...:)

If you can help, we may even invite you over one day as a reward...:)...but give us a little time...:28:

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Hi Toxteth

white goods are available from the beko shop on the rd to bodrum after the roundabout.

We bought our beds and furniture from yatas again on the road to bodrum near konacik

we got pots pans crockery and bedding and towels at metro

there are loads of places to go though !

martin

sunseeker

For hosehold electricals for an idea of prices and models available try Kipa(our Tesco) and Metro(our Makro) both next door to each other at the junction where the Yali road comes off the Bodrum ring road, however a better deal may be had from a local supplier. The one I found ok for a dicount is on the Bodrum ring road almost opposite the big shell service station almost next to the Good Year tyre sign. Its between the turn to Bitez and the turn to Gumbet.
Same day or next day delivery is not unusual.
All our bedding (not beds) plate cups cutlery etc etc came from Metro, mainly due to conveniece.
For independant furnishings shop arround and haggle haggle haggle.especially if you are purchasing lots.
Several people have suggested that if you have time to shop in Melas, a town 10 miles north of the airport and has real Turkish prices and will deliver to the peninsular.

JML

Bought all my white goods from Koc Tas ( Turkish B and Q ) they delivered same day and gave us a 3 year guarantee we have had need to have dishwasher and fridge repaired and they came promply and made no charge, since the guarantee ran out they have repaired my washing machine at very reasonable cost. I bought Beko appliances don't know if they are cheaper from the Beko shop.

Last edited:

sunseeker

For hosehold electricals for an idea of prices and models available try Kipa(our Tesco) and Metro(our Makro) both next door to each other at the junction where the Yali road comes off the Bodrum ring road, however a better deal may be had from a local supplier. The one I found ok for a discount is on the Bodrum ring road almost opposite the big shell service station almost next to the Good Year tyre sign. Its between the turn to Bitez and the turn to Gumbet.
Same day or next day delivery is not unusual.
All our bedding (not beds) plate cups cutlery etc etc came from Metro, mainly due to conveniece, show you passport for a dayly pass
For independant furnishings shop arround and haggle haggle haggle.especially if you are purchasing lots.
Do not forget Kos Tas (owned by B&Q) situated at the !st lights when you turn onto the Bodrum by pass, turn right into car park. They do electricals also kitchen and bathroom sundries etc mats. However if you need builder murchant stuff you meed a yapi market there is a good one in Yali on the main road just passed the bus ststion

tomc1984

Good luck, you will find all that you need and not bad prices. We are in Yalikavak too and welcome you.Our latest additions was one of those water coolers from Beko, absolutley a Godsend.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Lots of good advice here. Be sensible and you can,t go wrong.

captain

If you've got a car ?? you'll have no problem. Go along to all the shops everybodys already mentioned on the main road - Kipa, Macro, Ondelar etc etc - you can get everything you need there.

Good luck
Doug

20kiki

Hi Guys - I'm using an excellent Furniture pack company - they source everything, deliver, unpack, dress the rooms and take away the rubbish!

Janes Furnishing Solutions [thejanes@janesdesigninteriors.co.uk]

- send them an e/m quoting Linda Bruce as your contact and they will send you a brochure - you won't regret it!

We had a lot of our furniture made by Systems Molbilya on the Bodrum to Turgetries road and they delivered quickly. We have had no problems with any items and they make anything you want , free delivery and they install everything. You can have any table with any of the chairs they make or you can even ddesign and they will make it up for you. Stained or painted, your choice. There is a good choice on the road by Oasis for furniture too.
Good luck and enoy

Toxteth

Hi Y'all,
Thanks ever so much for the cool advice. With so much advice I think we can't really go wrong...thanks again...most usefull

Toxteth:yipee:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom