Squeaky

ADSL dropping connection
Good Morning:

My ADSL drops or goes screwy whenever anyone calls me on my land line.

It can be working well, yes, it sometimes actually does work, but as soon as the phone is used the connection drops and the only thing that will get it going again seems to be to turn it off and on again.

Is this a problem with my setup or do others have the same problem???

Would appreciate any comments or advice as to how to overcome the problem.

Cheers

Squeaky

hijo

in my own clique
ADSL dropping connection
Good Morning:

My ADSL drops or goes screwy whenever anyone calls me on my land line.

It can be working well, yes, it sometimes actually does work, but as soon as the phone is used the connection drops and the only thing that will get it going again seems to be to turn it off and on again.

Is this a problem with my setup or do others have the same problem???

Would appreciate any comments or advice as to how to overcome the problem.

Cheers

Squeaky

if you have a cordless phone Sqeaky that will be your problem ..we had the same problem a couple of years ago....:44:

Squeaky

ADSL dropping connection
Good morning:

Hijo: I have the cheapest bog standard phone I could get as I never use it and in fact only two people even know the number so it is not used very often but it does cause trouble when it is used.

Just wondering if there was a problem with my line or something that could be fixed.

Cheers

Squeaky

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
ADSL dropping connection
I have the same problem. Engineer (from UK BT) told me it is because the line can not support multiple extensions + ADSL, therefore less likely the fewer connections you have. I reduced my extensions and have less of a problem, but still usually lose ADSL when I have incoming calls. Does not seem to be an easy solution.

Ian

Squeaky

ADSL dropping connection
Good afternoon:

Yalimart: Could be your plug in filter, try another

Sorry, you lost me on that one - do you mean the connector into which the exterior phone line is plugged into with two slots on the other side into which the actual phone and modem are plugged into?

Seems a pretty simple device which I never considered could go wrong if that is what you are referring to.

Cheers

Squeaky

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
ADSL dropping connection
yes squeaky

it usually has 1 telephone plug and 2 sockets on it, one you plug your phone into and one your modem, you should also have a filter fitted on each of your other plugged in phones.

martin

ANDY2UK

Yorkshireman in Gazıpaşa
ADSL dropping connection
Good afternoon:

Yalimart: Could be your plug in filter, try another

Sorry, you lost me on that one - do you mean the connector into which the exterior phone line is plugged into with two slots on the other side into which the actual phone and modem are plugged into?

Seems a pretty simple device which I never considered could go wrong if that is what you are referring to.

Cheers

Squeaky

Yes, that's the filter. It's designed to prevent interferance between the phone/modem and this is the most likely cause of your problem

dalyansteve

ADSL dropping connection
Other possibilities are the actual cable connections between the line and the point inside your house or your modem, get ttnet on to check it all out.

Squeaky

ADSL dropping connection
Good afternoon:

Thanks for your comments and advice - it has given me some thing further to check and from what I gathered from a message I received with a link to another site, I suspect that this is where the problem lies.

Cheers

Squeaky

Harem

I've cliqued
ADSL dropping connection
I lose my adsl if the downstairs phone is used, but the one upstairs plugged into the computer splitter (does that make sense?) doesn't cut off the adsl!!!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
ADSL dropping connection
I lose my adsl if the downstairs phone is used, but the one upstairs plugged into the computer splitter (does that make sense?) doesn't cut off the adsl!!!

you should have a splitter plugged into each phone socket

martin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom