Whistler

Cool as Folk!
Admin charges?
:help:

Hi, has anyone here had a similar experience?

We have used an outfit called Kazmaz as the lawyers for the conveyance of our property(ies) We did not have a great deal of choice in the matter (although in retrospect and armed with a lot of hindsight we did) as they were brought into the picture by Parador and Artev

Having paid up front for their services and signed a legal document appointing them as our Atourney, we are now being charged a non-negotiable 'admin' fee of £150. Until we pay it they will not release the Deeds. (we have paid for the Deeds via Artev but as Kazmaz have our Power of Atourney, they had to be deposited with them on our behalf) Aparently , this is a standard fee charged to all clients

Now, as I think this is legal robbery and that we are being held to ransom, I am refusing to pay it until I receive a full breakdown of these so-called 'expenses' There was never any mention of this 'fee' in the contract. It is purportedly to cover 'expenses' such as telephone calls and petrol but acording to my agreement, these costs are built into the 'service' they supply. Not surprisingly, they cannot break down these costs, because I think they have never actually incurred them and they are refusing to discuss the matter.

Has anyone with a better legal mind than mine or who has had a similar situation and resolved it (one way or the other) got any advice?

It is all getting a bit fractious at the moment with increasingly heated e-mails flying about!

martin m

Admin charges?
Hi whistler
I dont have a legal mind at all and dont ever like being ripped off,However!!!
ask to see the tapu (with the Hab cert boxed ticked correctly) and if they show it to you give them the £150, believe you me there are several hundred people on here which given the chance would bite your hand off to swap places with you.
in 2006 i was grumbling on here about someone letting me down and i was ANGRY but i was told chill out and dont let it spoil everything, and against all my instincts i backed down and suddenly life didnt seem that bad at all, what seems like major surgery at the moment is just small fry in the grand scheme of things, there are also people that will say dont let them get away with it, and fight for whats right, and all the other stuff, but for £150 relax take a pill and start to enjoy (but only with the tapu).
its up to you hassle or peace.
martin

Avebob

Admin charges?
Hi Whistler,
I to am with Kasmas, intro through Parador and our builder is also Artev.
Admin fees for us is £200. I, like you, thought it was all covered when we paid up front in 2006.
We are also having problems with the declared price paid on the Tapu which was lower than the total we paid for the apartment. We have been told variously, agency fees have to come off ! what agency. It's turkish custom ! oh yeh it's also turkish custom to fine you if it's wrong.
We also are sending emails back and forth and are now told we can pay purchase tax on full amount if we want to ! We have said that is what we want but would not be surprised if when we go out in 3 weeks time, we will have paid the tax but a lower amount is on the tapu.

Ha ho will be so glad when all of this is over and can enjoy our place in the sun.

Would you mind saying which Artev complex you are on

Regards

Sarahlou

Admin charges?
Whilstler, I have to agree with MartinM. I've been waiting 3 years on my Tapu and if I thought paying £150 would get my Tapu into my hand I'd gladly pay it.

Tavey

dalyansteve

Admin charges?
I wholeheartedly agree with martin m, if the tapu is in your name and has the x in the correct box, as you will read elsewhere, Just pay the money and get the thing in your hand, breathe a huge sigh of relief and go and celebrate. Ignore what value they put on it, IT IS FOR TAXATION PURPOSES ONLY, in England if the council suddenly put your house in a lower charges bracket you would be happy, it's the same here a Turk will argue and fight to get the value lowered. Only pay tax on the declared amount, ask for the official receipt.

pebble

Admin charges?
Whistler, if they have the tapu with all the boxes marked off, just pay the fee and be happy.
what did you pay for the lawyers fee?, besides this fee?

good luck and enjoy your place in the sun

Admin charges?
The big quesion to ask yourself is "Do I want to be right - or do I want to be happy?" Yes, you could fight for weeks, months, even years about the £150 and eventually get it waived or reduced (if you're lucky!). However if the Tapu's there to be had, with the ticks in the right places I'd hand the cash over as soon as I could and get the Tapu and run, and start celebrating. Believe me, you will look back and say "Wow, how lucky were we."

lesleykay

Admin charges?
I too used Kazmaz, in Bitez. Had no major problems, except quite high fees (in my opinion). I felt I got good advice from them during the period of the stop on Tapu by the government last year - we were advised to put a charge on the property when we appeared to be in limbo, and the developer and I shared the cost of this. Collected my Tapu on my last visit. Not sure about admin fees, there were lots of add on fees here and there £100, £150 for this and that, but realsitically, considering all the problems highlighted on here, I too agree - pay up and collect your Tapu.
Although I was happy with them, I think I will look elsewhere for other services, such as will etc.
Good luck

Sara-666

Admin charges?
We used them a couple of years ago before they moved to Bitez, their fees are very high but at least they get the job done and at the time we knew of no others in the area to use. Learn from this, pay the £150, get your tapu with the correct tick in and enjoy your apartment.

Sara

Lynda T

Admin charges?
We used Kazmas for our purchase back in July 2006 and had our tapu through by February 2007. Perhaps their fees are a little high but they got the job done and without any problems. Also, they have given us 'free' advice since that time because we were previous clients. So, all in all, we were very happy with their service. On the other hand, there are people on our complex who are still waiting 3 years on for their tapu and the solicitors that they used either don't reply to their emails or have just disappeared from the face of the earth.

I would say pay the £150 and get that tapu in your hand.

Whistler

Cool as Folk!
Admin charges?
WE have a place at Lakeside Gardens (which is the subject of this thread) and another under construction at Apollonium.

Simon

Whistler

Cool as Folk!
Admin charges?
Well,

Thanks to you all for that. Whilst it sticks in my craw something rotten, I think, given all the issues over TAPU's that you are all quite right. Pay up, move on and hope I never have to use these b******s again!

Ho Hum- we all live and learn.

S

sasha

Admin charges?
Whistler
we also are on Lakeside and had the very same experience as you. I was absolutely livid at this additional fee but ended up paying it. Someone in the next block on Lakeside refused to pay and got their Tapu but were told that they (Kazmaz) would have absolutely nothing more to do with them or their property so I felt that although I felt that we were being ripped off perhaps it was safer to pay up. When I got the tapu it was not the final one. Believe it or not I went in to the artev office today and asked for the habitation certificate to get the tapu changed and was handed the final tapu instead!!! No money changed hands but they said I did not need a habitation certificate and they did not have ome to give me so I am now trying to find out if that is correct
Sasha

Latest Posts

Top Bottom