Peregrine

Absolute Bargain - not to be missed
Just a thought: there are numerous adverts that start like this (and I do have a chuckle every time I see them) that are then followed by a quick reduction in price (wasnt such a bargain after all then was it?) or that hang around for months and months (so the "first to see it " didnt buy it, in fact the 400 after him also gave it a miss)

so: whats the key to a successful sale in a reasonable time period (considering the time value of money in UK and in Turkey)?

and (more importantly) whats the experience of TLF members in both the buying and selling. eg how long did it take to sell, how close to the original asking price did you sell at; how quick did you buy and how close to the asking price did you pay; and how did the sales/purchase price compare to the market price (thats market not meerkat!!)

Interested in getting the views of our members

PS to the mods - move this to an appropriate place, if you dont think its in the right place

PPS - I was very impressed by the video done by a memebr as a way to sell his house. Very professional

jimskem

Peregrine, It would help if you told us where your property is.
Have you the Tapu, Habitation Certificate.
A major plus would be to provide photo's.
Is your place near to Dolmus route. What are the site fees, or are you detached.
[In the nicest possible way, of course.]

carolk

R.I.P
Pmsl :cheers:

What do you have to say Mr. P?

Last edited:
If you are refering to "Villa for sale in Gundogan" by Emma & Paul titled Our Turkish House in pictures and video, I must say the marketing was excellent. I hope that this did the trick for them, if not folks, it's worth having a squint at this thread.
By the way may I add it's soooo nice to have such a happy person on TLF, always chuckling, thankyou Penguin

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
If you are refering to "Villa for sale in Gundogan" by Emma & Paul titled Our Turkish House in pictures and video, I must say the marketing was excellent. I hope that this did the trick for them, if not folks, it's worth having a squint at this thread.
By the way may I add it's soooo nice to have such a happy person on TLF, always chuckling, thankyou Penguin

Our Penguin Peregrine is always a happy soul!!!

Last edited:

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
NO, that's my hubbie!!!!!!!!!1

Jeannie :25:

PS you don't expect Perry to tell you anything about himself do you ???????? lol :38:

Tess

What advice would you give Perry to use the key to unlock a successful sale ?? I reckon you have it sussed !!! Please share !!!

Peregrine

PS you don't expect Perry to tell you anything about himself do you ???????? lol :38:

my motto is only reveal all in private!, as you know Mrs Meldrew

jimskem, you seem to have missed the point. I dont want to sell, actually I am in the market to purchase more real estate

so why ask the questions? well the market in Turkey has always been interesting, but recently I have detaected that sellers are understanding that the market is depressed and that property isnt selling. hence the spate of reductions in price.

I am trying to gauge the level of reduction sellers are willing to suffer to get a sale, and how long after they start advertising before they come to the conclusion that the price needs to drop. Thus identifying the optimum time to approach with a cheeky, but likely to be accepted, offer which results in a bargain property for me whilst giving the seller the much needed liquidity they need

well thats the theory anyway

hey, ho

Tess

bargain property for me whilst giving the seller the much needed liquidity they need

Hi Peregrine, where have you been you elusive pimpernel ????

You are correct consumers do continue to make plans to buy even in an economic downturn, they just take longer to do so.

However, folks who don't start advertising until things improve actually miss out on opportunities to sell ahead of their competitors.

It is a bit like starting a race several minutes after the other racers!

In an economic downturn you must increase your 'share of mind' by keeping your product in the forefront. It is a proven fact that advertising is most effective when the message is repeated.

The headline - Absolute bargain - not to be missed does reach the targeted audience fast - anyone who is after a bargain will of course click in and look!!

They have picked a medium with good visibility - Turkish Living Forum, this is one way chosen to reach the people, they have targeted typical customers and have realised how to reach these potential buyers, what works best is a series of adverts rather than just one, and perhaps the reduction in price is a strategic move, who knows!!!
They might even fool you Perry, what do you think LOL!!!!

If I was selling a bike and I was wanting 50 in my pocket I would say start at 70 or nearest offer!!

The more you tell - the quicker you sell.

Good luck to all selling, everyone has their reasons for the sale and of course you deserve a good honest price.
If after the sale the buyer and the seller is happy, Wey Hey!! Everyone happy.

Perhaps Perry when I get my house in order you will consider a deal with me, I promise An Absolute Bargain, Not to be missed, truly, but remember I work in sales as part of my job LOL!!!!:pressie:

Tess

:38: Carol, how could you ???? size isn't everything !!!!
:9: Whoops, maybe it is LOL!!!!! Yes, of course it is LOL!!!
:47: How big is your Portfolio Perry ???? :47:

jimskem

Peregrine me old mate, you say in post 10 you think i have missed the point.
Oh Really.
I knew you would accept my comments without taking the knock,
Good on Ya.

Tess

Girls, girls, girls Cathy, takes us girls to get a laugh going, life would be dull without a bit of a laugh, O ye of little faith, Perry will reveal himself, he will reveal himself soon, he is going to show us his big.. portfolio!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom