v6cod

Living in Okcular
Aaadd
AAADD
KNOW THE SYMPTOMS.....PLEASE READ!

Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder.Somehow I feel better even though I have it!!

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests itself:

I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that
was delivered earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the recycling bin, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my cheque book off the table, and see that there is only one cheque left. My extra cheques are in my desk in the study, So I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Pepsi I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the Pepsi aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

The Pepsi is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Pepsi, a vase of flowers on the side catches my eye--they need water.

I put the Pepsi on the counter and discover my reading glasses that
I've been searching for all morning. I decide I had better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV,I'll be looking for the remote.
But I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the lounge where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

The car isn't washed
The bills aren't paid
There is a warm can of Pepsi sitting on the counter
The flowers don't have enough water,
There is still only 1 cheque in my cheque book,
I can't find the remote,
I can't find my glasses,
And I don't remember what I did with the car keys.
Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today,
I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all damn day, And I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem,
And I'll try to get some help for it,
But first I'll check my e-mail....

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Aaadd
This is so true, I cannot begin to type out all of my symptoms, but I get up very early, even tho' I don't really have to be at a certain place at a certain time most days, it gets to 10 a.m and I think, now what have I been doing for 3 hours, and I seem to have been busying about, but rushing around then to get out of the house to where I am trying to go to, lol. I then usually go into every room to find my glasses and they are more often than not perched atop of my head, I often have to call my mobile to find it, and it goes on and on.............The wine intake hasn't helped either!!! I must water those flowers.

:doh:

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
Aaadd
I've often gone upstairs to look for something, decided i need the bathroom.. do my ablutions, head back down stairs then when i get there ask my self why i went upstairs in the first place..? was it to go to the bathroom or was there another reason..?
I leave tools lying around.. then when i want something in particular spend ages looking in my tool box and curse everybody for borrowing something I've miss laid.
What's worrying is I'm only 48 going on 49... if this is the start whats it going to be like when I'm older..?
How long will it be before i leave the house to go into town and forget where i live..? my own name.?
Find something in the bathroom that belongs in the kitchen..?
Worrying isn't it..?

Alan.

Spyrogal

Sally from Yali
Aaadd
Can't copy the picture but old guy goes up to the tattoo artist and says "No no- I don't want a floral fantasy tattooed up my arm. I just want my address, my pin numbers and oh yes- my name"

:42mb:

Aaadd
It`s a kind of Oldtimers Disease or Saynow Didumentiona but it comes in handy at times when there`s no seats on the bus or when you go to the wrong end of a queue.....

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Aaadd
Remember:
Senior Citizens Are Valuable:
We are more valuable than any of the younger generations:
We have silver in our hair.
We have gold in our teeth.
We have stones in our kidneys.
We have lead in our feet and.
We are loaded with natural gas!

Latest Posts