peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
A unique opportunity..Tell me where to go!!
Right, Denise & I are just under 3 weeks away from our next trip out to Altinkum.
We have done all the usual excursions, and we'd like to get out of the resort for a night or two and venture out to pastures new. So what I'm asking for are suggestions for our trip.
Ideally we'd like to travel in a Turkish Stylee, coach or whatever, as long as we get a feel for the real Turkey. And it does'nt matter if we need to do an overnight stop.

We'd like somewhere that has a bit of real culture, natural beauty, or historic sites etc.

Gimme some idea's folks :)

dalyansteve

You are asking a mighty big question! I could say, get on a bus to the nearest big town and then get the next bus that takes your fancy, have a look at the map and see if it is going past or to anything interesting, get of and see what happens. Just go with the flow, man. We have had many interesting excursions like that, just go and see what comes out of the woodwork it can be fun or it could be dreadfull, so what it is a new experience.

dalyansteve

OK, so have you been to Aphrodesias, Kekova Bay, Mount Olympus and the beach with the flames coming out of the ground, Izmir, Istanbul, Dalyan??? That is one of the problems with this country, there is too much choice!!

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Istanbul yes, and Dalyan yes. I know the choice is certainly huge, but some destinations must be favourites among people. Thats all I'm asking for really, some idea's.

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Hmm......
You can keep it really simple as well, just go to Datça,
easy by bus from Aydın and book you a room in a hotel over there..... or is that too simple ?

Or on second thought , for the same destination, you can take a bus to Bodrum and from Bodrum to Datça you can take a ferry and come back by land (ferry only goes twice a day, 9 o' clock in the morning and 5 o' clock in the evening)

I like Kaş as well, can also be done by bus, nice roads as well...

Last edited:

leylaasena

Kapadokia's a long way but a bit special- you'd need a couple of nights there and transport to get the best from it or else go with a tour.

I've only done a long weekend but would love to go back and see more.

Or Troy and Gallipoli - somewhere I still haven't been but will get there one of these days !!!
A bit closer but still a good 8 hours by bus.

Last edited:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
What about Cappadocia or Patara with its wonderful beach .Demre as the Santa Clause grave and Hudge santa in centre of town . Side as historical sites , Have you been to Virgin Marys House , I love the coast road Lovely scenery and lots to see along the way . Kas Kalkan Kemer It depends on how far you want to travel and how much time you want to spend away from Altinkum , But be warned you cant really Do istanbul in a day To many shops I spent 4 days there Still didnt see all of it !!! DH

littledave

littledave
hi pete, what about coming down to my neck of the woods which is dikili, oposite lesbos which is short ferry trip. you have bergama ruins 20 mins away. canakkale which has the wooden horse, troy thats it.. lots more which i cant think of straight away.. but good luck with your new experience....

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Now that sounds interesting:) .. Does anybody have any information on travelling from Didim to dikili?

dalyansteve

Yes, that sounds interesting, you will probably have to go via Izmir and ask.

PS. Much nicer avatar thank you.

Top Bottom