Status
Not open for further replies.

gordie

gordie
A tale of woe AND clothes for Sale
Hi All
Without my knowledge, my English wife of many years has emptied our joint Turkish bank accounts and also put an overdraft of over £4500.00 on my UK Credit Card. She collated all these thousands of pounds and gave it all to her Turkish lover on the promise of a return of many hundreds of % profit on her investment. Of course, it was one of the oldest scams in history and has left both her and İ penniless. As she has no more money, ( nor İ ) her Kurdish lover is no longer interested in her, surprise, surprise ! İn an effort to support herself, she is now working (COMPLETELY İLLİGALLY) at various places in Turgutreis, as she has no work permit !. (İ hope some one from the relevant Turkish authorities reads this) She is ‘Shacking Up’ somewhere in Turgutreis.
İ am now having to use my small UK pensions to pay off my credit card debt and am unable to use it until this December.
Wife has voluntarily, left our marital home and has told me she needs nothing from our home, therefore İ have many, many items of her clothes to sell, most of it from UK, in an endeavour for me to raise myself some money to survive. Clothes comprise:- tops, jackets, boots, shoes and all the other girlie things. She was UK size 12/14.
What İ am asking is this – do any of you (especially you ladies out there) have any advice/suggestions as what is the best way for me to go about this. Any items left unsold İ could donate to a local Turkish Charity, again, any ideas ?
Also, do any of you have any knowledge as to how İ can obtain a divorce of a UK marriage, here in Turkey – cause İ intend to remain here !
Regards
Gordie (Gumusluk)

dngood

Hi Gordie,

Sorry to hear your tale.

I was speaking to someone the other day who was looking at organising a (second hand), clothes sale/swap in Bodrum over the winter period. I may have misunderstood, but I think the aim was for the money raised to go to animal welfare on the peninsula. If this sounds like it may be a good home - perhaps for the 'left-over' items, please let me know and I can put you in touch.

I know that there are often collections for Muğla orphanage too, which could be another option.

For the items you'd like to sell, if you'd like to put a free advert in the next Bodrum Bulletin, just drop me a PM or email.

All the best for your new future!

Dave.

alison09400

Sorry to hear about what happened to you Gordie. Regarding a divorce consult a solicitor as I'm sure that if you're able to marry here you should be able to divorce as well.

Tess

Sorry for your misfortune, But it does sound rather amazing, Wow !!! Gordie, you sure are in diffs. Were you not aware about her relationship with someone else, no signs etc, was it all out of the blue ?? I am just being curious, It does seem rather drastic selling her personal possessions, does she not even want them? Not sure how you could pick up the pieces from here Gordie, I assume you have chatted and decided divorce is the way forward. Personally if she is working I would be concentrating on getting her to help pay off the large bill she has ran up. I find it incredible, how did she get an overdraft on your credit card without your knowledge ????
I think I would be more interested in getting her to pay her share than worrying about the Turkish Authorities catching up with her working, fact she is working is leverage enough for you to get her to help pay the debts.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Bad news dude, i can't bear the suspense, did you keep the power tools ? Heres hoping, keeping my fingers ( as are all the other guys ) crossed.

Some things are just beyond the pale. You can always trust your power tools.

Steve.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
I fully understand you will be under a good deal of pressure at the moment, but with the greatest of respect, an internet forum is not the place to air your predicament.

I think , given the situation you describe, you would be better off returning to the UK and getting some good legal advice - the citizens advice bureau may be a good option if you can't afford a solicitor.

I wish you well.

C

As you are both English and married in England I believe that divorce proceedings would have to be taken there; your UK solicitor would arrange for the petition to be delivered to your wife in Turkey.

sorry for your woes.how old is your wife think she would have more sense and her age she not a teenager.one born every minute nothing suprises me after being here 6 yrs un believable.You will need to get a divorce in the uk .hope you sort yourself out.

RIK

It is possible to get a divorce without going back to the UK. and despite being married in England.My pal did it and promptly left Turkey and now resides in Thailand.

Ian

PASH

It is possible to get a divorce without going back to the UK. and despite being married in England.My pal did it and promptly left Turkey and now resides in Thailand.

Ian

I believe its quite common to trade in for a newer model in Thailand, mmmhh, got me thinking!!:gulme:

millilove76

millilove76
Have you thought about putting them on Gittigidiyor (turkish Ebay)?
Works exactly like the Uk Ebay, but they take 10% of the final selling price plus a listing cost. We have sold lots this year and our friend made her rent all last winter selling her old clothes. Dont be worried if it looks like no one is interested as the Turkish have a bidding frenzy within the last 90 seconds of an auction! I have very basic Turkish but can list using a dictionary or maybe you could ask a Turkish friend to help you set up an account.

On another point, it made me a bit sad that you pointed out her lover as Kurdish (although i'm sure your very bitter, and rightly so). My husband is also Kurdish...is richer than myself, and not on a visa quest.
There seems to be a big divide between the Turks and the Kurds in this country, and yes many Kurdish are money grabbers ...but i also know of many Turkish that have done that too. Dont judge everyone of Kurdish culture as being like your wifes lover...is the fact that hes Kurdish relevant?

I hope that you find some way of sorting the debts that she has given you and i hope that you find future happiness.

If you do decide on selling over the internet and need any help please contact me and if i can help i will!
millilove76

nanamo

Hi Gordie, I can feel your frustration in your post and think you just sat and type out exactly what you were thinking. TLF is well known for its friendliness and I dont blame you for venting your feelings 'on air'. I hope you manage to raise some cash but think you really should be putting some the responsibility back towards your wife and her lover. I hope other TLF members will offer emotional support when you are feeling down and I hope you have some friends nearby who can help you through this. Molly

I fully understand you will be under a good deal of pressure at the moment, but with the greatest of respect, an internet forum is not the place to air your predicament.

I think , given the situation you describe, you would be better off returning to the UK and getting some good legal advice - the citizens advice bureau may be a good option if you can't afford a solicitor.

I wish you well.

C
Here is some advice from a citizen.
Lesson learnt : DONT DO IT AGAIN.

If you get lonely buy a dog.

ChrisBobs

On the divorce issue the local Bodrum Consulate office should be able to give some information .

Chris&Cem

Hi Gordie, so sorry to hear of your predicament. I know you to be a kind man from seeing your efforts to help another member sell his house so it saddens me even more that you've been s..t upon. I think the e-bay option is an excellent idea for selling her possessions. Second option could be a "garage" or "car boot" type sale and taking up David's offer of advertising in the Bodrum Bulletin mentioning the clothes and shoe size.
As for the divorce, having lived in many countries the key element for divorce always seemed to be based on the country of residence and a minimum of 6 months residency in the country where you request the divorce. I don't know if you have Turkish residency.
I wish you luck and hope you manage to sort things out. Look to the future - don't waste your energy looking back.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom