KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
A New Regime
I don't know the origin of this article. I've "stolen" it from another forum and checked it against Snopes for a possible hoax.

A maverick Mayor elected after promising to slash council spending, clear the streets of yobs and ditch politically correct services is the torchbearer for how towns should be run.

On his first morning as Mayor of Doncaster in South Yorkshire , Peter Davies cut his salary from £73,000 to £30,000 then closed the council’s newspaper for "peddling politics on the rates".
Now three weeks into his job, Mr Davies is pressing ahead with plans he hopes will see the number of town councillors cut from 63 to just 21, saving taxpayers £800,000.
Mr Davies said: "If 100 senators can run the United States of America , I can’t see how 63 councillors are needed to run Doncaster ".

He has withdrawn Doncaster from the Local Government Association and the Local Government Information Unit, saving another £200,000. Mr Davies said, "They are just talking shops".
" Doncaster is in for some serious untwining. We are twinned with probably nine other cities around the world and they are just for people to fly off and have a binge at the council’s expense".

The mayor’s chauffeur-driven car has also been axed by Mr Davies and the driver given another job. Mr Davies, born and bred in Doncaster, swept to power in the May election with 24,244 votes as a candidate for the English Democrats, a party that wants tight immigration curbs, an English Parliament and a law forcing every public building to fly the flag of St. George.

He has promised to end council funding for Doncaster ’s International Women’s Day, Black History Month and the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History Month.
He said, "Politicians have got completely out of touch with what people want.

"We need to cut costs. I want to pass on some savings I make in reduced taxes and use the rest for things we really need, like improved children’s services".
Mr Davies has received messages from well wishers across the country and abroad as news of his no-nonsense approach spreads.

Now it’s your chance to spread this most sensible way to run a town council.

Here are a couple of links to other reports about the new mayor of Doncaster

Doncaster’s newly elected mayor - The F-Word

Doncaster mayor’s decision to cut Pride funding - Pink News

Last edited:

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
A New Regime
Ideal man for a bigger job if all his policies and proposals work out... Mr Davies for Prime minister maybe..?? We could do a lot worse, we have..!

Alan.

PASH

A New Regime
I watched this man get elected and it restored my respect in the human race, someone not scared to stand up against the PC brigade and slash all that stupid waste in local government. As Cemac says, lets hope its the start of something new in politics - Brave man, gets my vote any day!

bobthenob

Non Active Member
A New Regime
l don't think he will last long,because of the way the politicians have already established a regime with policies to destroy commonsense.
This means he is a thorn in the politicians side and will find a way to oust him out of power.This type of behaviour will not do in a political correct police state country.
l'll give it a month and let see some dirt being dug up against this new mayor

Mushroom

A New Regime
Bob,

He will certainly have his enemies within who have been on the gravy train for a long time, but the public in the Doncaster area were so brassed off with the last mayor and big problems in the council that I don't think at this time anyone would dare to throw any dirt his way.
I also watched him get elected as our wonderful Wakefield Council has Doncaster on the south of one of its borders and If we had someone like him in charge, instead of the pillock we have, I would be well pleased.

teresa

Free Thinker
A New Regime
Well the police got rid of Ray Mallon when they didn't like his zero tolerence and he was then elected mayor of Middlesbrough by the people - who liked him. Good luck to this new mayor as well and thumbs up to the North East for trying to do something.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
A New Regime
Sounds a sensible level headed man to me . I hope he goes on & on to bigger and better things I.m in Notts with a Doncaster postcode ! Haven;t a clue if will be of benifit to my village But good luck to him Wish more had the guts he has Diane

Talkinman

A New Regime
I am confused by the comment of Bob, Are you saying that Britain is a police state or have I just read it wrong?
We are not a police state but we do suffer from political correctness to a very big extent.
As far as the question of this new mayor he looks like a breath of fresh air and I wish him all the best.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
A New Regime
l am saying Britain is becoming a police state, or is now a police state

I explain to what Britain has become to what it used to be.As far as l am concerned,the policies are in place to class Britain as a police state.

The policies of health and safety that wraps children up in cotton by restricting them to play adventurous games,which is a part of growing up to learn what is wrong to what is right has been taken away from them.The other is the political correctness where commonsense has been destroyed and in place are policies of dictating to people on how it will be done.The other one is this human rights,where the law biding seem to have less rights then the lawless.

A totalitarian state was unheard of before Maggie Thatcher days.But as she got into power and the influence from the growing E.U has seen signs of a police state taking form.A stealthy practice from the politicians to remove our freedom was taking shape.

Look at the way the politician are banning the catholics from wearing their crosses,because it might offend the ethnics.ls just one of many good examples of Britain becoming a police state.We are brainwashed into what we should consume,but our grand parents were a lot more healthy then we were.There are policies in place to spy on each other.The list goes on.

The policies are in order to control people’s natural instincts and groom us away from what is natural thinking.A day doesn’t go by now from the government that is so obsessed with trying to control our lives with unworkable policies.

This is what l mean by a police state,when the government tells you,not shows you what should be done

kaplumba

A New Regime
:'The policies of health and safety that wraps children up in cotton by restricting them to play adventurous games,which is a part of growing up to learn what is wrong to what is right has been taken away from them.'

Bob I kind of understand what you are saying. However you have to get your facts right and state what you know rather than what you think you know. Things you see published in newspapers are often incorrect and designed to cause a sensation. Just because one school is reported to have banned some activity it doesn't mean that thousands of others do the same. The above statement is wrong. In schools now children are encouraged to play adventurous games. There is a big push on encouraging super hero play and encouraging risk taking in a safe environment. There is a great deal of training for teachers in this aspect. All the way through school my kids played team sports. Yes we provided them with the right equipment such as gum shields etc. They had no option but to play these sports and we and they were happy to do it.
Of course there are health and safety policies in schools and I for one are happy they are there. If they save one child's life it is worth having them. However in most schools they don't impinge on children having fun and playing adventurous games.

mike dj

A New Regime
Bob why do you want to go back to country you seem to hate and can not find a good thing to say about , you want to leave Turkey as soon as you can so why back to the U.K. Mike

bobthenob

Non Active Member
A New Regime
l have my reasons,but odviously this will be way off topic.Open a thread with a debate on the issues of wanting to stat or leave.

England is a very beautiful place,but the regime is not.This is my arguement

Gail

A New Regime
:'The policies of health and safety that wraps children up in cotton by restricting them to play adventurous games,which is a part of growing up to learn what is wrong to what is right has been taken away from them.'

Bob I kind of understand what you are saying. However you have to get your facts right and state what you know rather than what you think you know. Things you see published in newspapers are often incorrect and designed to cause a sensation. Just because one school is reported to have banned some activity it doesn't mean that thousands of others do the same. The above statement is wrong. In schools now children are encouraged to play adventurous games. There is a big push on encouraging super hero play and encouraging risk taking in a safe environment. There is a great deal of training for teachers in this aspect. All the way through school my kids played team sports. Yes we provided them with the right equipment such as gum shields etc. They had no option but to play these sports and we and they were happy to do it.
Of course there are health and safety policies in schools and I for one are happy they are there. If they save one child's life it is worth having them. However in most schools they don't impinge on children having fun and playing adventurous games.

I saw the health and safety executive, infact I think she was the chairman and she categorically stated that never have they made it policy for children not to run around in the playground, it was A school which had implemented this rule and the papers/media got hold of it and sensationalised it!

Akasya

Postless Pointer
A New Regime
As usual deliberately sensationalised clap trap, specifically written for the woolly minded.

Gail is spot on.

Is it only Catholics or is this more drivel ?

Guess.

Steve.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom