SuusexJohn

John Peters
A new find for good food and setting - Teldolap Cafe & Restaurant, Gumusluk
On recommendation of friends we visited this one year old establishment for dinner during our recent 'villa opening up' trip.

Set high above Gumusluk (find the roundabout obn the Gumusluk to bodrum road, take a left and follow the signs, keep going up, even though the road becomes a track, the views are stunning, especially at sunset, the welcome very warm, the English spoken good, and the food very very good Turkish, at a reasonable price.

Reservations required 0252 394 37 29. Owners are Fatos & Omer. They run a private Dolmus service and will pick up within the local area.

They also have to lovely apartments built into the hill under the house which they rent out.

Very much worth the trip.

jeff

bayview
Thanks John, I don't think you are the first to recommend this place so will give it a try as we have tied ourselves to the Gumusluk waterside restaurants for the past 3 years.

We went here in time to watch the setting sun. Only opened last year - you think you have got the wrong road as it is a bit off the beaten track but well worth it - lovely views, wildflowers, turkish food and reasonable prices. They say they have live music in the summer some evenings. (I think an English guy plays the guitar but not sure - owner plays drums). Not sure if you can post a pic on here but if so, will do.

bigred

Bodrum Peninsula Blogger
Entertainment on a Saturday night, but it's really popular, so you'll need to book ahead. I tried to book via email, but no response, so had to call instead.

Home Page

Catarina

Thanks for the recommendation John. Not quite sure where you mean? Do you mean the roundabout on the Gumusluk to Bodrum road just before you reach the main village (with the Belediye office on the right just further on)??

captain

Thanks for the recommendation John. Not quite sure where you mean? Do you mean the roundabout on the Gumusluk to Bodrum road just before you reach the main village (with the Belediye office on the right just further on)??

Nope, keep going, it's the next roundabout you come to after another mile or so.
Doug

I know one group all got food poisoning there and another overcharged - owner was very happy to call jandarma as he is well connected and they had to pay up. Live music every night 10 pm onwards, belediye refuse to follow up on the many complaints. All in all, the place is s blight on the village.

Neil. that's a rather sweeping statement about Teldolap all the time we lived there the only complaint we ever heard was it was somewhat over priced ( no more expensive than anywhere on the seafront ) the owners always went out off there way to make you feel welcome, we had many a good night up there so this post come's as surprize to us, Jim

CANNYMAN

We have eaten and been entertained at the Teldolap and have never had a bad experience there. Food and hospitality was always 1st class. Never heard of anyone having problems at this place. Are you sure you have the correct place?

I agree with Jim and Cannyman, we have been visiting Teldolap since 2007, thanks to Jim telling us where it was. Fatos made my 50th birthday meal last year very special, the food is always excellent and the views great.
I think it would be a shame for anyone to be put off by the experience of the group Neil knows and their are always two sides to a story.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom