bobthenob

Non Active Member
A Love Story
I was helplessly wandering around the place where l was abandoned crying for my owner to find me and take me home.The hours turned into days and the nights into fear.l knew now l had no where to go and no love to make me feel secure.l just cried and cried for some one to love me and give me a loving home.

I walked and walked until l couldn’t walk no more,because my young little paws are so tender now,l just laid next to a bench and just gave up,when a woman approached the bench and took a seat.She wasn’t well dressed and her hair needed combing,but her face lit up with a pleasant smile when we had eye contact.Her soothing voice calmed me while she held out her hand to give me a biscuit and a little drink of water from her water bottle.l wagged my tail at her and gave her a little lick on the hand to say thank you.

She picked me up very gently and put me on her cozy lap.l didn’t understand what she was saying but l knew by her tone she was one kind loving person l have warmed to.She stood up with me comfortably held in her arms and off we went somewhere l do not know,but who cares when l am feeling the love of want now.She just kept on talking to me while she is strolling along.l try to communicate with her by using my bright wet eyes and little whimpering sounds out of my mouth to let her know l appreciate what your doing.

We came to a big house with lots of open ground and l can see there was also another dog just sleeping peacefully on the sun lounger.When the dog saw the woman approaching the house,the dog came running up to her and gave her the most wonderful greeting l have ever seen.The woman was saying something to the dog in a soothing kind way,which made the dog feel relax and confident,then she looked at me and also said something in a soothing way.

She gently put me down on the pavement so l can get to know the bigger dog better,and we got on so well,where he even let me have a share of his lovely food in the bowl.After the meal we slept together on the lounger.Me being smaller,l just snuggled right up to the big dog and he just gave me a lick and went to sleep

The end of the day was approaching and my fear of the dark l felt over powering me once again.l started to cry a little and felt so uneasy,until the woman came over to reassure me with her soothing voice and her dog cuddling up to me made me felt better.The woman said something and the big dog went and followed the woman inside.l just stood there crying.She turned around and said something with that beautiful angelic smile of her’s made me felt like she wanted me to be part of the family.l cautiously walk in while still looking at her with my bright wide eyes,waiting to be kicked or having a broom at me.But l had none of that.

From that day,l have always given the love to her just as much she has given me.With my faithful big friend at my side everyday playing in the park and digging holes in the garden is such a lovely happy feeling given to me from a woman l have never seen before.l now have a place l can now call a home,because of the vibes l get from the angelic woman what’s me to be part of the family.

Too often we do underestimate the power of a touch and just to give a little at the start,one will be rewarded a lot later.A small act of caring and understanding are all part of a potential turn in one’s life for the better.An animal or a human can come into our life for a reason and when that opportunity comes,embrace it with all your inner strength of love,because of the big rewards one will receive in the end.The body language and the tone of voice has the ability to embrace a sense of love or a sense of fear,which leads to suffering.
This is the answer to a worldly peace,is how we behave towards the living
l just love happy endings.Are there any happy stories that you can think of

Last edited:
A Love Story
Hey Bob,
Join a good forum to help you. [Try "The Alsop Review"] This aint half bad but....
Maybe substitute "someone" for "my owner" in the first para.
The second para goes down with ".....couldn't walk no more" [double negative]; that's soon followed by the repitition of "just". Repitition can work if it's deliberate and involved in alliteration. Here not.
The rest aint bad but needs a lot of work and possibly shortening. Of course the last sentence or two is pure "Bob the knob" and spoils an otherwise not bad piece. Keep it up man.

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
A Love Story
Hey Bob,
Join a good forum to help you. [Try "The Alsop Review"] This aint half bad but....
Maybe substitute "someone" for "my owner" in the first para.
The second para goes down with ".....couldn't walk no more" [double negative]; that's soon followed by the repitition of "just". Repitition can work if it's deliberate and involved in alliteration. Here not.
The rest aint bad but needs a lot of work and possibly shortening. Of course the last sentence ot two is pure "Bob the knob" and spoils an otherwise not bad piece. Keep it up man.

l know my grammer is bad,and you do have a point in what should be stated to make the reading a lot easier on the mind.

l appreciate your help and will look into alsop review.

Please feel free to alter some of the post so as to make it easier on the readers.

A Love Story
I would never dream of changing anyone's poem or prose Bob.
Hey, on re-reading I do sound a bit like a school teacher! Sorry 'bout that, I'm not.
Best,
Dwight

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
A Love Story
That is such a feel good story Bob, and I enjoy the way you write because it is from the heart. All the time I was reading, my mind could see this little lost pup wanting someone to find them and be kind and not nasty towards them. It's also very true too, especially in Turkey. I know if I lived there I would soon have a few rescue dogs/cats in my home with me. Yes I would pay to have them neutered too.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom