bobthenob

Non Active Member
A laid back life
My neighbours cow,just gave birth to this beautiful little calf.He is only 8 days old and wish l had the camera at the time when the cow was giving birth.
They are most of the time around our gate chewing on the grass and the calf is always near the mother.Hoping to get to the udders for a quick suckle.
My dog couldn’t make it out.Probably is thinking l never saw a dog that shape before.

What are the things you see around your neighbourhood here in Turkey that wouldn’t be allowed in Britian.For me,l think it is great seeing the animals around my place with a lot more freedom.

carolk

R.I.P
A laid back life
I see herds of goats, sheep and cows at the bottom of my street ever day, bells tinkling everywhere. The biggest eye opener was when someone brought a bull along down my street tied to the back of a car to mate with the cows. I got the shock of my life when I went to walk my dog!!! They just carried on lol, separating one cow at a time, helping the bull up etc then drove away with the bull tied to the back the way they came!!!! The car had to go really slowly and the bull just trotted along!

Harem

I've cliqued
A laid back life
Seeing a new born calf tied on less than one metre of rope in a shed where he never sees the light of day or gets to do anything other than lie down or stand.. Seeing a filthy yard pile high with animal s**t with several cows, goats, sheep, dogs, etc. all tied on less than one metre of rope each and never being able to walk or do anything but lie down or stand. Seeing another cow and calf, tied to a wall on less than a metre of rope or chain ....................... I could go on, but .........

PASH

A laid back life
Young boys throwing big stones at dogs while everyone just looks on as if its normal. People arranging dog fights and all betting on which dog is about to be mauled - I know this goes on in the UK behind closed doors but here, its in public - Just to prove i am not being negative, the willingness of most Turkish people to help you without looking for a reward or payment, my neighbours are great and always bringing cakes and food etc

maggie

A laid back life
Aww Bob cute calf Im going to come and have a look on my way to the pazzaar on Friday.!!!!!

Hugs Maggie xxx

giglets

A laid back life
Absolutely beautiful Bob.
How could anyone eat that???
Cut the attached rope and it would be perfect!!

Lindacm

A laid back life
My neighbours cow,just gave birth to this beautiful little calf.He is only 8 days old and wish l had the camera at the time when the cow was giving birth.
They are most of the time around our gate chewing on the grass and the calf is always near the mother.Hoping to get to the udders for a quick suckle.
My dog couldn’t make it out.Probably is thinking l never saw a dog that shape before.

What are the things you see around your neighbourhood here in Turkey that wouldn’t be allowed in Britian.For me,l think it is great seeing the animals around my place with a lot more freedom.

Hi Bob,

Very nice picture Bob. Very interesting to hear you say that the animals have a lot more freedom here than in the U.K. I think completely the opposite. I see animals tethered on short ropes, never being allowed to roam free, something that is quite alien to me.

Where we lived in Somerset the cows, sheep, horses, goats etc were all allowed to roam the fields. Seeing the animals tied up here really upsets me. If whilst out walking I see an animal tangled up in it's rope I have to try to free it or it bothers me for the rest of the walk.

Linda

bobthenob

Non Active Member
A laid back life
Hi Bob,

Very nice picture Bob. Very interesting to hear you say that the animals have a lot more freedom here than in the U.K. I think completely the opposite. I see animals tethered on short ropes, never being allowed to roam free, something that is quite alien to me.

Where we lived in Somerset the cows, sheep, horses, goats etc were all allowed to roam the fields. Seeing the animals tied up here really upsets me. If whilst out walking I see an animal tangled up in it's rope I have to try to free it or it bothers me for the rest of the walk.

Linda

l didn't word it properly Linda.What l meant to say was around my area l see quite a lot of animals roaming freely then any other area's of Turkey.l have the chickens cows dogs cats all free even some sheep were roaming without being tethered,But sadly most are tethered around the Akbuk area.

matty

A laid back life
Yesterday i witnessed a poor goat being kicked to the ground and then had the boot put into his ribs! Because he couldn't keep up with the Fat b-----d that was pulling him by the rope that was tied to the poor animals front leg. I shouted at him and called him a cruel B...... which he wasn't too happy about.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom