PASH

A first in Turkey
My wife commits financial abuse everytime she walks down the high street!

geordie_nev

A first in Turkey
Labour leaders and a Kurdish Mayor in southeast Turkey are trying to introduce a scheme where if an employee commits domestic violence they will have half their wages paid directly to their spouse.

According to this new labour agreement, which was amended on 1 July, municipal staff who treat their spouses or children violently will have half of their wages deducted, and it will be paid to the spouses. In addition, any payments due to an employee on resignation will also be paid to the spouse.

Full Article

Bubskar

A first in Turkey

Excellent news I say. Unfortunately this sort of problem is commonplace. I personally know of someone who takes most of his ex-wife's wages and his present wife's wages because he is a big fat b..........d who doesn't want to work.

I blame the women for allowing it to happen personally but then I am a European with a European mindset and they are a generation of women brought up to do as they are told.

A first in Turkey
I blame the women for allowing it to happen personally but then I am a European with a European mindset and they are a generation of women brought up to do as they are told.

You comment has made my blood boil. Domestic abuse is NEVER EVER the women's fault is she is not the one to blame. European women also get abused too ..... Women also abuse men. This is a hidden problem as men are often to ashamed to come forward. Are they to blame too.

Bubskar

A first in Turkey
You comment has made my blood boil. Domestic abuse is NEVER EVER the women's fault is she is not the one to blame. European women also get abused too ..... Women also abuse men. This is a hidden problem as men are often to ashamed to come forward. Are they to blame too.

Firstly I apologise if I have upset your sensibility. What you say is correct. However in the context of the Article itself it is referring to Financial Abuse. You will see if you read my comment this is all I was commenting on when congratulating the Turkish Courts for their move on this and I feel there is a lot to be done and a long way to go for the rights of Turkish women on many other issues also.

For someone who has lived amid Turkish coulture on a personal level my comments are based on what I know of the woman's role in the family. This "role" has been passed down through generations and for most women who have not had opportunity in their lives (education, equal job opportunity and an insight into the modern world) the job of wife and mother have been accepted by them as their mothers before them. For some they want nothing else and accept it as their life without question. As part of this acceptance they know because of Turkish tradition the husband is the Head of the Family and is to be reverred and he generally is not to be questioned. Therefore for those Turkish women subordination is all part of it and this includes handing over their little hard earned cash.

If now in Turkish society women want more equal opportunity then it is only they who can gain it by uniting and demanding changes in policy. This is why I say I blame the women. For the majority of Turkish women they do not feel they should speak out or even wish for change, accepting their lives as part of "the coulture" and not to be questioned. If this is the case then there is no chance for reform. For those Turkish women who do want more, this makes their journey for equality a longer and harder road to get to it if there is no unity.

You are also correct when you say European women suffer abuse but it is even harder for those women who wish to free themselves of abuse in Turkey because unlike Europe, it is not a Benefit state, and in my opinion there is no comparison.

bickern

A first in Turkey
You are also correct when you say European women suffer abuse but it is even harder for those women who wish to free themselves of abuse in Turkey because unlike Europe, it is not a Benefit state, and in my opinion there is no comparison.

hmmm, something we sometimes forget.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom