KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
A Dog's Purpose
A Dog's Purpose (from a 6-year old)
Author Unknown

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolf hound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, 'I know why.'

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, 'People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?' The Six-year-old continued, 'Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.'

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.

Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy..

Take naps.

Stretch before rising.

Run, romp, and play daily.

Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.

On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.

On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.

When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Be loyal.

Never pretend to be something you're not.

If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.

ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!

bobthenob

Non Active Member
A Dog's Purpose
So true..Dogs are a gift from God to show humans how it is done and how to find what is true in life to establish on earth an attitude of being in perfect harmony with nature and the animals.
The dog does not brag nor does it look for it’s own interest and especially it does not rejoice over unrighteousness,it has no thoughts of hatred towards the one’s that show kindness and does not hold any grudges.
The dog is filled with a love that is so unique even despite those little irritating things,that is forgiving and truthful to it’s master.
The dog is a very good listener.The happiest people are the one’s with dogs that sit there next to them,listening to their problems.The dog knows that by listening and not rudely interrupting is vital in a relationship.The dog understands the pain your going through and how you see the world as a black hole.The dog will use his eyes and thoughts to comfort you and show you the way towards the healing process of snapping out of it.

The dog loves to spend as much time with you where ever you go,because he wants to demonstrate to you what love can achieve..
If we humans take a leaf out of the dogs way of thinking.No one will feel unloved,there will be no more loneliness and conflicts,no more hatred towards each other and especially,no more pretence on who we are.
The dog is an educator of love which will permeate human society and blossom.But the real joy of what the dog teaches is showing unselfish love for others.

The real obstacle that is in the way for the dog to teach this wonderful natural gift to us,are the extremists closed minded attitude of humans that are hell bent on distorting what is natural to what can destroy

pebble

A Dog's Purpose
kk thank you. My sister's dog who had adopted me, is with me all the time, cuddling, kissing, just sitting with me.
I have always had a strong love for dogs, and have bonded with them instantly. I've never met a dog I didnt fall in love with!
they are truly a joy
I get so upset when i think of all the cruelty to dogs (all animals i guess)
loosing those 2 k-9 in the UK this past week in such a tragic event has just upset me more thatn I would have realized (yea yea yea i know its the meds........)

thanks again for posting this - there are so many wonderful stories out there about dogs.
I remember one about a little boy going to the farmer and asking to adopt the gimpiest dog he had, cause as it turned out the boy was gimpie too and they would make a good pair, and know how to love each other better than anyone welse;;..../well I always thought that gimpies were the best, I have a gimpie son, and i would have gotten him a gimpie dog too........ (yea yea yea - i know - the meds LOL LOL LOL)

pldouglas

A Dog's Purpose
Yesterday my dearly beloved left for Yalikavak for a 3 week stay. Our collie would not leave the packed suitcase sitting in the hall until it was finally loaded into the car. Today he has not left my side for a moment and I know he will follow me closely until the dearly beloved returns when canine affections will be transfered - only temporarily though, he knows who feeds him.

A Dog's Purpose
Yesterday my dearly beloved left for Yalikavak for a 3 week stay. Our collie would not leave the packed suitcase sitting in the hall until it was finally loaded into the car. Today he has not left my side for a moment and I know he will follow me closely until the dearly beloved returns when canine affections will be transfered - only temporarily though, he knows who feeds him.

I know what you mean our lab gets a certain look in his eye when the suitcases get brought in from the shed a sort of "Oh no not again" look and then when we return I get a bit worried for him as he gets in such a frenzy I think perhaps his old ticker wont be able to take the excitement.

Jane

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
A Dog's Purpose
I love my dog so much, that I'm already feeling the pain that I will have when I go off to Yalikavak next week, but also know that he is loved and cared for by his carer. He does not bother with people that he knows are not genuine dog lovers,.When I take him, he runs to her and off out to play in the garden, when I come home and pick him up, he just gives me loads of doggie hugs, and when he's made his fuss of me, he goes to her and shows her his affection too, as if he's saying well thanks for having me, but gotta go now,.Ahhhhh those words KKOB and BTN, are so true, we have a lot to learn from our beloved pets.

giglets

A Dog's Purpose
KKOB,

Thanks for this great thread.

We have two rescue greyhounds (from Ireland), a 7yr old male Jack and a 10yr old female Sally.

More affectionate animals would be hard to find. They are totally devoted to my wife, son and myself and cannot get enough physical comfort from us.
In all my years in the Police, I can honestly say that I have never met a truly decent human being who hated animals and plenty human trash who did.

As someone once said, our dogs "fill my heart" every day!

Long may they continue to do so!!

Cheers,

Dave

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
A Dog's Purpose

Do your hubby a favour and can some spry paint and give his bike a new paint job, the least you can do for him leaving you alone for the heat and sunshine.....:3:

Biker Bob

tintagel

A Dog's Purpose
Aw thats so nice :roundgrin

It reminded me of something my Dad used to say. "Only the Good Die Young".

Latest Posts

Top Bottom