gra

belek member
90 day visa
Hi all

We live full time in Antalya, and renew our 90 day tourist visa in Kas, we would like to try to fly from Antalya to north Cyprus (£50 return) for a change.
Has anyone tryed to do this, i guess we would have to buy the stamp when we return to Antalya.

Or any other ways of getting the visa close to Antalya

Thanks Gra

90 day visa
Hi all

We live full time in Antalya, and renew our 90 day tourist visa in Kas, we would like to try to fly from Antalya to north Cyprus (£50 return) for a change.
Has anyone tryed to do this, i guess we would have to buy the stamp when we return to Antalya.

Thanks Gra

Sorry can't help you, but I would be interested to know how it was to renew via Kas,ie how long it took and how much it cost, I presume you went to Meis. We have just got a yearly residents visa and for the two of us it cost us £500, however, we had to get this so we can get a phone line etc, but when it expires we may look into going back to a tourist visa..

Sue

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
90 day visa
If you are going to use Altug-Meis Lines ferry, you need to be at Kas harbour by 09.30 am on any weekday. Hand-over your passport and 15 Euros for your new visa. Note: Kas Pasaport Polis do not accept Sterling.

The ferry departs at around 10.00am. From Kas to Meis takes 30 to 40 minutes. There's a stop-over of between 2 and 3 and a half hours, depending on the day. You'll be told when disembarking at Meis what time the ferry will be departing for Kas. The fare is 40 TL per person return.

You get your passports back about 30 minutes after arriving back at Kas.

Last edited:

LezliG

90 day visa
Hi all

Thanks Gra

I'd thought about doing this as well, but was told that as Northern Cyprus is classed as part of Turkey I wouldn't get a visa stamp on return. Don't know how true it is though. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along soon!
Lesley

Reactions: gra

gra

belek member
90 day visa
The above information is all correct, we also took 2 year residency but found the renewal cost more than the cost of going to Kas, we tend to stay overnight and often go to a french restaurant called Eve(closed mondays), they serve what we think is the best fillet steak in Turkey.

Gra

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
90 day visa
One of our members, Rainbow, has got a restaurant on the harbour front. It's called Teras, I think.

90 day visa
ive flown from Antalya to Ercan airport in Northern Cyprus many times...you will get your visa renewed when you return to Turkey. İf its simply to get a 90 day visa you can catch a plane straight back... if theres one going..or stay overnight in Lefkoşa. theres no difference between going this way or by ferry to Greece.

eamonn1

90 day visa
Hi! Just to try and clarify a point, if at first you get a residency permit and have the phone and some get a car, what would the outcome be if you had a car accident and was found to be on a visitors visa?

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
90 day visa
No problem regarding ownership but you may well find that your insurers will use it as an excuse not to pay up.

I've also heard that you can't take your own Turkish registered car out of the country on a Tourist Visa. But, I haven't had confirmation of that.

90 day visa
Wouldnt it be easier allround if people who have made a commitment to live in Turkey fulltime, make another commitment and buy a residency permit. That way they would not have to worry about all the issues detailed in previous posts and they could stop pretending they are tourists. Maybe then the government's figures of tourists visiting Turkey would be accurate and not inflated by the three-monthly bacon shoppers who want their cake as well as eating it.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
90 day visa
As a long term resident, former Residence Permit holder, and now Tourist Visa holder, I can assure you that I'd be perfectly willing to commit to another Residence Permit if only the current Turkish Government would be willing to make some form of commitment to me.

Furthermore, because of the amount of time I spend out of Turkey, it's far more cost effective for me NOT to have a Residence Permit. I'm sure that if you took the time to do the arithmetic you'd find that it's the same for many expats who live within easy travel of a border crossing / port of entry.

I have no interest in having my cake, or bacon for that matter, and eating it.

90 day visa
Wouldnt it be easier allround if people who have made a commitment to live in Turkey fulltime, make another commitment and buy a residency permit. That way they would not have to worry about all the issues detailed in previous posts and they could stop pretending they are tourists. Maybe then the government's figures of tourists visiting Turkey would be accurate and not inflated by the three-monthly bacon shoppers who want their cake as well as eating it.

Ok you saying that, but its the cost which as you may or may not know goes on what different countries charge Turkish people for visas. When we went last week to get our visa we found out that German's pay 8 euros for a one year residents visa, bit different to the £250 we have to pay, so of course if it is cheaper to get a tourist visa which one would you get?

I don't understand your comment regarding wanting your cake as well as eating it.

As regards the bacon - the pig can keep it as far as I am concerned.

Sue

jandj

90 day visa
Isnt it easier to go to the Yabanci police and pay the 165 ytl for a 3 month residency permit. Its easy to do, and although more costly (by £30) to carry out the Turkey/Greece run, its a very simple procedure

90 day visa
Isnt it easier to go to the Yabanci police and pay the 165 ytl for a 3 month residency permit. Its easy to do, and although more costly (by £30) to carry out the Turkey/Greece run, its a very simple procedure

Who are the Yabanci police?

Sue

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
90 day visa
It costs me about 110 TL per trip 4 times a year to get a 90 day visa. That's if I make 4 trips to Greece. The current price for a 1 year Residence Permit is I believe around 590 TL.

On the 4 trips to Meis / Kastellorizo I have the chance of a nice day out, and the opportunity to buy some Duty Free drink if I want it. I've got no interest in buying overpriced bacon or cheese.

Who are the Yabanci police?

Yabanci = Foreign or Alien

The Yabanci Polis deal with matters relating to foreigners.

Last edited:

jandj

90 day visa
In most large cities/towns the police station has a yabanci (foreign) dept. In Izmir its in Konak. You just go there, collect 2 forms per person, return with them completed, 5 photos, a number of photocopied pieces of info and pay yer money. The intital cost is 300 ytl, but that is 135 for residency book, which is yours to keep, and 165 ytl for your visa. Next year, and there after all you pay is 165ytl for the visa.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
90 day visa
If you want to spend £23 more than me every 3 months jandj, that's entirely your prerogative.

If it works for you that's just fine. :roundgrin

jandj

90 day visa
Hi KK But once you have entered Greece, the big spend starts...prices aint cheap and the little trip across soon adds up to more than I'm paying over the top. I accept its initially dearer, but its quick, easy and a day in Konak is much better than a day in Lesbos etc

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
90 day visa
Well, there you go. You need to learn to be a tight-wad like me ! :lol:

Each to their own. :wink:

jandj

90 day visa
Good to "talk" to you, hope life is treating you well. As you say...if it works....:p

Latest Posts

Top Bottom