Martyn

9/11 what was it like if jumping was the best option?
No matter who caused it what was it like for these people when jumping was the best option.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StSMMPFWpNc&feature=related]YouTube - 911 Jumpers, Twin Towers Jumpers, World Trade Center, WTC Sad Tragedy[/ame]

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Imagine being in so much pain that you jump from hundreds of feet. Unimaginable. Bin Laden has taken credit for it.

Biker Bob

suzyq

It doesn't bear thinking about as it's just too awful.

evey

evey
i,ve actually been to new york and been to were the twin towers was ................. its soooo sad still to this day. when u look up at how high these sky scrapers are, and to think people jumped trying to save themselves from these buildings .. its just unimagineable ...............there is a memory garden at twin towers giveing u an idea of what happened that day and how these monsters killed so many innocent people going about there everyday lifes ... clearly devastateing ....................

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
sad for ANYONE who is a victim of war be it in the Middle East, Africa or America....

p.s. i wish people would not post these type of videos which can cause religious debates! cos u end up clicking on the youtube link, then reading the comments which are always very offensive and anti Islamic and puts you in a bad mood!!.... people are so narrow minded!

Last edited:

ukizook

sad for ANYONE who is a victim of war be it in the Middle East, Africa or America....

Yes it is, but this was not the same as a "casualty of war". I would [for an example] put it more on parr with deliberatly dropping a couple off massive bombs on Mecca for the same outrage.

ps Sorry if this topic put's people in a "bad mood" but it did happen , whoever was to blame?

Last edited:

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Yes it is, but this was not the same as a "casualty of war". I would [for an example] put it more on parr with deliberatly dropping a couple off massive bombs on Mecca for the same outrage.

mecca and a sky scarper?..... r u for real?

mike dj

Zuberdust where did religion come into it, the sky scrapper colapse killed nearly 3000 people, was the mention of Mecca, that made it religious to me its a city . Mike

Martyn

I had a feeling religion would come into it. People from many religions were killed even Muslims. It's about the thought of the moment I meant.

M

Mack

Like you said Martyn, this thread isnt to discuss the reasons for or the culprits of this dispicable attack on the American public but the thoughts of those poor souls, I cant imagine Id consider jumping in the same situation as I would always have hope (and wouldve perished with the others in the demolition in that case) but I suppose its the feeling of wanting to take control of your own life (or death).

I hope I never have to feel the desperate hopelessness that these people must have felt to take such drastic action, may they all rest in peace and their vile murderers be held accountable one day.

Martyn

Someone's son, daughter, brother, sister, mother, father. It is so sad watching that and it was their last few seconds on this earth.

Last edited:

nanamo

9/11 was not mentioned in either of our kids secondary schools today - this is history in their life time and nothing was said. Molly

9/11 was not mentioned in either of our kids secondary schools today - this is history in their life time and nothing was said. Molly

Thats awful Nanamo
All those thousands of innnocent people going about there business as we all do day to day and to come to such a state of panic in split seconds that some would even think to jump the hundreds of feet to try and survive. Not to even get a mention in the schools today is appauling to say the least.
These poor innocent people and there families were from all over the world not just America .

Crystalclear

ukizook

It was not mentioned because in this over PC climate we don't want to upset certain people and put them in a bad mood?

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
Really?...something of this magnitude was not even mentioned even though it occured within this decade??

9/11 is wholly upsetting not only for the horrific loss of life but for the divisions it was able to generate within our world society..

You have no idea the opposition i hear (both home and away) merely because i have entered a relationship with a Muslim..

But back on topic..it upsets me to think how those "jumpers" must have felt..that to throw themselves off a building that was around 33 floors high because they felt there was no hope..just terrible.

No matter how unjust the next chain of events have proved..and they are terrible and erronous..today was a reminder that it changed the way the modern world felt about it's fellow man.

I watched the memorial sevice today on BBC World..they estimate that although almost 3000 people died on 9/11..4000 US troops have died since...around 140?? UK troops..and between 100,000 estimate civillians have perished..

Im sure there will be someone on here to correct me..apologies if my info is incorrect..

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Interesting observation, the former Twin towers was a mecca ( small m so as not to cause offence ) to thousands every day before their destruction, and have been to many thousands every day since, meself and Jackie included. Whatever one may think about mass murder, the one salient fact about this heinous crime was that the perpetrators cared naught for anyone they killed or maimed, they gladly slaughtered all sexes, races, and creeds. The innocent were as always a deliberately chosen target.

Religeous, about as a - religeous as one could be.

Steve.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom