Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
55th. Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey.
We seem to have ignored this event this year. Maybe because it's not come through Alanya, Side, Antalya, etc etc where there are heavier European populations or perhaps it's not had sufficient advertising to catch people's attention?
I don't know, anyway, I enjoy it and have been catching up in the evenings after work and managed to catch up with all but one of the stages.
The race ends today, the last stage being from Sakarya - Istanbul but yesterdays stage was really interesting for me, because, it was from Bursa - Kartepe. Kartepe is not overly far from Kocaeli Forest and Kocaeli is still declared on my Turkish Kimlik because that was where my husband was from.

I'm so pleased to be living down here on the south coast though. Kocaeil is known for it's hotels and ski slopes and, albeit towards the end of April, the nearer they got to Kartepe, the heavier the snow was on the ground.
I was almost frozen just watching them, those riders that took part are tough!

Great racing, good support from the locals as always but it will be interesting to see if they schedule the race to start along the southern coastline next year. :smile:

Camden

Presidential Cycling Tour​

This year the 56th Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey which will be held on the date and place have been announced. The cyclists will cycle in the tour that will start in Cappadocia on April 11 and end in Kuşadası on April 18. There is no Istanbul this year.

Translation...
Last year, the 19-Covidien made the Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey this year because of the pandemic will be held between April 11-18. Cyclists, who will start cycling from Cappadocia, will reach Kuşadası at the end of the 8-stage struggle. The longest stage of the tour, which will cover a total of 1,347 kilometres, will be the track between Beyşehir Alanya and 218 kilometers. The shortest route will be Fethiye Marmaris with 137 kilometres.

Istanbul will not be on the route for the first time since 2008, when professionals started cycling in the Presidential Cycling Tour. Within the framework of the tour to be organized in the Pro Series category, implemented for the first time by the World Cycling Union, cyclists will cross Central Anatolia, Mediterranean and Aegean regions and reach the finish line in Aydın's Kuşadası district. The bicycle tour will reach cycling enthusiasts in many countries this year, with live and tape broadcasts through prestigious national and international channels.

118d8642-3064-4934-b9ca-ef883ae04edc-1.jpg

enoch

Presidential Cycling Tour​

This year the 56th Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey which will be held on the date and place have been announced. The cyclists will cycle in the tour that will start in Cappadocia on April 11 and end in Kuşadası on April 18. There is no Istanbul this year.

Translation...
Last year, the 19-Covidien made the Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey this year because of the pandemic will be held between April 11-18. Cyclists, who will start cycling from Cappadocia, will reach Kuşadası at the end of the 8-stage struggle. The longest stage of the tour, which will cover a total of 1,347 kilometres, will be the track between Beyşehir Alanya and 218 kilometers. The shortest route will be Fethiye Marmaris with 137 kilometres.

Istanbul will not be on the route for the first time since 2008, when professionals started cycling in the Presidential Cycling Tour. Within the framework of the tour to be organized in the Pro Series category, implemented for the first time by the World Cycling Union, cyclists will cross Central Anatolia, Mediterranean and Aegean regions and reach the finish line in Aydın's Kuşadası district. The bicycle tour will reach cycling enthusiasts in many countries this year, with live and tape broadcasts through prestigious national and international channels.

View attachment 21095
I used to watch it, one year at the finish line there was such a pile, all the leaders went down all because of a little knock. But that's the way it goes. Sorry wrong cycle event I meant the race from Istanbul.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom