5000 Brits - Northern Cyprus
If this does happen what will be the outcome to the people that have bought in southern cyprus on land owned by Turkish nationals. It may not be as many, but my understanding was that farmers were displaced, and since then large complexes have been built. (This was one of my concerns when I considered buying in Cyprus)...

teresa

Free Thinker
I was wondering the same when I read about it yesterday Jane. I am sure they will have the same claim. A friend of mine "owns" land in Northern Cyprus but she never built on it because of the concerns, she went to Tenerife instead, which was probably for the best.

RIK

Jane, Larnaca Airport is built on land previously owned by Turkish Cypriots.Don't think that that will be ordered to be pulled down or back rent paid etc.

Ian

biggles

biggles
its funny as most of these est agents adverising in uk papers were hinting at when northern cyprus joins the eu the properties would go up in value similar to pathos prices . This news will have the opposite effect , and mymate who has a home near turtle beach wont be happy .

Latest Posts

Top Bottom