ukdaasfan1

4.5g Wifi for Non resident
Hey,

I have a place in Cesme, but no wifi and cannot get a line put in without a Residency Permit.

Can I get a something like Super box or Vinn that I can top up as I go and when needed ?

I have tried talking to Turkcell but helpful they are not.

Regards

Ben

Mushroom

A neighbour of mine had a mini wifi, which he bought in Turkey and topped up as required.
He didn't have or need a residents permit and from what he described it worked well.
I don't think it was cheap but it suited his purposes for his holidays and other family members.
That was 5 years ago, so you may need to pick the brains of someone who is using such a thing up to date.
Personally, I had a Turkish next door neighbour who not only gave me the password for his broadband/wifi but also put up a small repeater mast between our two villas to give me a good signal, even indoors.
That used to get him a decent bottle of Whisky everytime I or other family/renters used the place.

ukdaasfan1

If only I was so lucky. Sounds like I need better neighbors.

Oh well, the thing you friends was using sounds great, now I just need to find out what it is.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Regards

Ben

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
The MiFI is called a VINN, we have one from Turkcell, as a backup (our village was once off the net for 3 months!). As far as I know you can only get one if you have an RP. Do you have a friend who can get one in their name? We have lent ours to friends for the school holidays before. Let us know how you get on.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom