Fuzzy

fuzzy
3G possibilities in Yalikavak ??
Well, its a bit technical for me , but know theres plenty of "whizz kids " on the forum that might be able to help me with this one ! ls it a feasable idea to buy a 3G in Turkey ? for my 3 month stay there in Yalikavak as l need to connect up just about everyday to carry on my business and it would save dragging around my Macbook everyday looking for wireless internet. Any suggestions would be really gratefully received !!!!! Anybody know prices of such things over there ? Thank you So much Fuzzy.........:thanks:

Carnsoreboxer

Carnsoreboxer
On our recent visit my other half was officially working. We looked into the 3G option but found it very expensive. Every morning he would have breakfast at the Rahat bar and use their wifi, they also have computer in bar with access to printer etc. Alternatively he would go to the marina, sit in the sun, buy coffee and work using the marina wifi.

Hope this helps

alison09400

According to local TV adverts, Vodafone will be providing the first 3G phones in Turkey....but I don't know if they're available yet or not.

My hubby has the Nokia i-phone and can use the internet through that but it's expensive...and I think you may have to take out a minimum contract of 12mths.

Far cheaper to bring your laptop with you...loads of places with free wifi.

Martyn

I will be taking my Iphone with me but turning 3G off and just using free wifi. There may well be no 3g there anyway like in some part of the uk so I wouldn't bank on it.

Last edited:
M

Mack

I agree with all these comments, 3G is so expensive in Turkey and quality and speed unproven as yet, put the money into a cheap netbook or wifi enabled pda phone instead.

LyndaW

The turkcell shop in yalikavak have the dongles in stock....259tl with 2gb on it. 55tl a month for 1 gb pay as you go.

I use avea but its a 12 month contract at 29tl a month for 1 gb. If your not downloading 1gb is enough.

Lynda

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
The turkcell shop in yalikavak have the dongles in stock....259tl with 2gb on it. 55tl a month for 1 gb pay as you go.

I use avea but its a 12 month contract at 29tl a month for 1 gb. If your not downloading 1gb is enough.

Lynda

Totally off topic, but just want to ask how you are Lynda, have you settled into your new home etc.

Lesley Hillside Gardens

LyndaW

Hi Lesley....went from Yalikavak to Marmaris then to Alanya. Alanya is beautiful...on the med. The sea and beaches are great. I would like to sell my place Yalikavak and settle here....i love it. Its very much hotter here though but i'm getting used to it. And the season is much longer. Its good to see other parts of Turkey....for me they are all magical.

Lynda

Latest Posts

Top Bottom