M

Mack

21,000 properties to sell
Check out this article from Todays Zaman, 21,000 empty properties for sale in Antalya alone and they finally admit that the tedious bureaucracy maybe putting off foreign buyers......Ummm.....duh! (add the countless scams and greed of a lot of developers and emlaks and they may have just hit the nail on the head, eventually!).

Bureaucracy deters foreign property buyers in Turkey

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
This could be settled quickly if they adopted the law that was passed over a year ago to dispense with the military checks, but the military see it as important for them to retain their grip on all sectors of the country.
Another option would be to allow individuals to be 'pre-approved' before they start the house buying process so they can complete the transaction on the day of sale. After all, they know which areas have security issues and it is a simple process to red-line those zones to disallow foreign purchasers, everywhere else could be released for normal sales procedures.
Ian

Harem

I've cliqued
Mack, it's one thing hitting the nail on the head and quite another actually driving it home!!

M

Mack

Mack, it's one thing hitting the nail on the head and quite another actually driving it home!!

Quite right, like me they end up hitting their thumb all the time :roundgrin

M

Mack

I find it odd that the 21000 properties are specifically earmarked for 'foreign' buyers. How does a foreign house differ from a turkish house? Surely not price alone ;)

Im assuming they mean the ones that cater for foreign tastes such as American Style Kitchen/Diner (The Turks love their separate kitchens (me too)), location (The Turks tend to want to be close to city centers, foreigners out near the "suburbs").

But yes, theyre probably lumping in all the properties into that figure I expect.

I really don't understand how you lot can be so cynical.

Perhaps that the article should be given to all of the builders who continue to add to the stockpile.

Next year Mustafa we will be ...................................

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
I really don't understand how you lot can be so cynical.

Perhaps that the article should be given to all of the builders who continue to add to the stockpile.

Next year Mustafa we will be ...................................

huh?

BB

newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
I find it odd that the 21000 properties are specifically earmarked for 'foreign' buyers. How does a foreign house differ from a turkish house? Surely not price alone ;)

all in description....
Advertised as Complex with 5 star facilities, 3 x 500m swimming pools, 2 kids pool, 24 hour "security":48:, restuarant, bar, pub, mini-bar, gym, kids play area (piece of grass) luxury ensuite bathroom and higher maintenance fees for the so called security.

main target buyers =foreigners= higher maintenance fees= more money for builder

Chezbond

The fact is, and I'm sorry if some take offense at this, but most of us YABANCI lot are seen as nothing more than cash cows. It's not so much the military checks that put people off, it's the continuous scams and fraudulent activity by many of the people involved in the real estate business. The honest ones aren't trusted because the bad ones see to it that it becomes almost impossible to believe a word anyone is saying...Sad but true. The C word is pretty much in the blood it seems...The Turks have a saying and so do the Greeks; The fish starts to smell from the head!

stephie

Stephie
Rather be safe than sorry - they can do all the checks they want as far as I am concerned - then we may just avoid the catastrophe currently taking place in Espana. We have only been to Turkey the once and bought, just sit back and relax!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom