Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 Holiday Plans
Having the vaccine doesn’t stop you getting the virus, supposedly you might just get a milder form of it.
Seems there’s offers from Spain, Greece etc to accept British holidaymakers on proof of vaccination. The other side of the coin is, British people might consider asking for proof that the people of holiday destinations have also been vaccinated.

Mushroom

2021 Holiday Plans
Latest news. Falling numbers of infections in the UK are slowing and actually rising in 3 areas.
Minister has said the roadmap may have to be amended.
Told you.

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
Having the vaccine doesn’t stop you getting the virus, supposedly you might just get a milder form of it.
Seems there’s offers from Spain, Greece etc to accept British holidaymakers on proof of vaccination. The other side of the coin is, British people might consider asking for proof that the people of holiday destinations have also been vaccinated.
I agree, but would you believe them it had been done. At the end of the day all they see is money signs in their eyes.

Kanga

R.I.P
2021 Holiday Plans
News this morning that Cyprus will accept all British holidaymakers who can show they've had the 2 jabs of an EMA approved vaccine. These include the A-Z and Pfizer strains.
They will not be required to show a negative test, or isolate, and this will start from May 1st. They are still working out how the fine details, it's likely to be either a GP's letter or a government issued card.

I guess where one country goes others will soon follow. BBC report below.

2021 Holiday Plans
Mmmm so if you’re vaccinated against for example cholera, would you book a holiday destination that was rife with cholera?
The race is on everywhere to get everyone vaccinated.......holidays don’t even come into it.
They had these “corridors” for tourism a few months back and it didn’t work. Even though I’ve been vaccinated here, I still don’t feel safe, so why would I feel safe in an airport, on a plane & then in a packed hotel?
I do know this, if I dial 999 an ambulance will be outside my crib within minutes, that alone is worth holding back on a holiday abroad.

Mushroom

2021 Holiday Plans
News this morning that Cyprus will accept all British holidaymakers who can show they've had the 2 jabs of an EMA approved vaccine. These include the A-Z and Pfizer strains.
They will not be required to show a negative test, or isolate, and this will start from May 1st. They are still working out how the fine details, it's likely to be either a GP's letter or a government issued card.

I guess where one country goes others will soon follow. BBC report below.

It matters not about the date Cyprus wants our money, it is the date Boris allows UK citizens to fly.
At the risk of repeating myself again - how many people will be fully vaccinated by May, June, July?
How will the vaccination roll out in Cyprus have gone by then?
What variants are going to be present in the months to come?
I'm in agreement with Chips on this one.

Kanga

R.I.P
2021 Holiday Plans
It's not good news for those of us in Turkey. All those Brits coming to our pristine country spreading the virus, give a thought to us, all you lot in the UK moaning about holidays.
Pristine? Really? I wouldn't say the Black Sea is a main holiday area, for example, but it's rated the highest risk (cat 4) by the TC government and crawling with viral infection according to a friend who has family there. Most of the south and west coast is cat 3, from Izmir to Antalya which includes Bodrum, Marmaris, Fethiye, etc. Meanwhile it's a great distraction from the plans to build a huge reservoir and 43km of pipelines to Bodrum, up in the mountains behind Dalyan, possibly affect the lake there, and develop the Datca peninsula, contrary to previous agreements.

No-one in UK is 'moaning about holidays' as far as I know. It's the travel business that's on it's knees and desperate,

Kanga

R.I.P
2021 Holiday Plans
The Welsh Government aims to have offered the vaccine to every eligible adult in Wales by the end of July. That should include anyone over age 18. No-one is currently vaccinating under 18s anywhere in the world as far as I know, but would be happy to be proved wrong.
It's journos making up a row.

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
2021 Holiday Plans
Pristine? Really? I wouldn't say the Black Sea is a main holiday area, for example, but it's rated the highest risk (cat 4) by the TC government and crawling with viral infection according to a friend who has family there. Most of the south and west coast is cat 3, from Izmir to Antalya which includes Bodrum, Marmaris, Fethiye, etc. Meanwhile it's a great distraction from the plans to build a huge reservoir and 43km of pipelines to Bodrum, up in the mountains behind Dalyan, possibly affect the lake there, and develop the Datca peninsula, contrary to previous agreements.

No-one in UK is 'moaning about holidays' as far as I know. It's the travel business that's on it's knees and desperate,
Dont know about moaning for holidays but bookings from those in the UK have went through the roof to get out of the place for a break to Turkey Greece Spain etc

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans

According to the news only low risk is open. But Alanya is still open , even though the rate has gone up.

2021 Holiday Plans
So the Covid numbers in the UK seem to be going down, best thing to do is go on holiday where those numbers are still rising. The potential Covid varriants must be licking their lips in anticipation.
I can understand people with properties abroad desperate to get from A to B but for the rest, is it worth it?

Kanga

R.I.P
2021 Holiday Plans
Posted at 14:4614:46

Mandatory form for passengers travelling internationally from England​

Passengers travelling internationally from England from Monday 8 March will now need to carry a new form setting out that their trip is permitted under the current stay at home restrictions, the Department for Transport has announced.
It says carriers will be legally obliged to set out on their website that the form must be completed before travelling.
They will also checking the forms have been completed before boarding, and passengers without one may not be allowed on to the service they have booked.
Anyone identified by police as attempting to travel internationally for reasons that are not currently permitted will be asked to return home and risk receiving a fixed penalty notice for breaking stay at home rules. These fines start at £200 and ladder up to a maximum of £6,400.
Stay at home rules are still in place, which means it is illegal to travel abroad without a permitted reason, such as for education or work.

Travel declaration form​

From 8 March 2021, you must complete this form to declare the reason that you need to travel abroad.
You must complete this form if you are travelling outside the UK from England. Different rules apply for international travel from Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
You don’t need to complete the form for travel within the UK, to Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
You should print a copy of the completed form or save it to a mobile phone or other device.
You may be asked to show this declaration form at the port of departure. You may carry evidence to support your reason for travel.
Entering a port of departure to travel internationally without a completed form is a criminal offence, for which you could be fined.
If you try to travel abroad without a legally permitted reason, you may also be fined for breaching the stay at home requirements.
You do not need to complete the form yourself if you are under the age of 18 or if you lack capacity to complete the form. If a responsible adult is travelling with you, they should complete a separate copy of the form on your behalf.
Some people are exempt from completing the declaration form because of the job they do. Find out about which jobs are exempt and the conditions that apply.
eeca890340170aee8b5649413f948e512c9b8ce432d8513d32.png

Declaration form for international travel from England whilst stay at home restrictions are in place (DOCX version)

MS Word Document, 54.2KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
Request an accessible format.
nail_declaration-form-for-international-travel.pdf.png

Declaration form for international travel from England whilst stay at home restrictions are in place (PDF version)

PDF, 751KB, 3 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
Request an accessible format.

Permitted reasons for international travel​

Listed below are legally permitted reasons to be outside of home including for international travel. See the full list of legally permitted reasons. There may be other types of evidence than the ones listed that are relevant to your situation.

Work​

Essential travel for business or official work purposes where it is not reasonably possible to complete that work from home.
This includes but is not limited to essential work or returning overseas having completed essential work, in relation to critical national infrastructure including the national rail network, national security or diplomatic purposes, and elite sports competitions.
Recommended evidence: employer’s letter, professional ID card, confirmation from sports body or evidence of participation, diplomatic mission letter, etc.

Volunteering​

Where it is not reasonably possible to volunteer from home.
Recommended evidence: letter from relevant organisation.

Education​

For academic studies or professional qualifications where physical presence is required or where activities must be completed overseas. This includes international students returning home.
Recommended evidence: letter or proof of membership of an academic institution.

Medical or compassionate grounds​

This includes:
  • to visit someone who is dying or critically ill
  • maternity services, or to be with someone who is giving birth, or with a baby receiving neonatal critical care
  • medical treatment or emergency which cannot be reasonably received in the UK or to accompany a person where necessary
  • to avoid injury or illness or escape risk of harm (such as domestic abuse)
Recommended evidence: medical evidence describing the situation of the member of your household/close family member/a friend who is receiving treatment in hospital or whose condition is life-threatening, proof of scheduled treatment, death certificate, letter from social services, proof of hospital admission, proof of family relationship.

Weddings, funerals and related events​

To attend a wedding of a family member, to attend a funeral or event related to death, to visit a burial ground or remembrance.
Recommended evidence: letter, invitation.

Other permitted reasons​

There are further reasonable excuses, for example:
  • to fulfil legal obligations
  • to carry out activities related to buying, selling, letting or renting a residential property
  • travel in order to exercise custody rights recognised by a court decision
  • order to present oneself to a judicial or administrative authority
Recommended evidence: proof of contract, court decision and proof of place of residence, order to present oneself to a judicial or administrative authority, expiring residence permit, dismissal notice, etc.
Published 5 March 2021

Mushroom

2021 Holiday Plans
I am not encouraging anyone to get on the next plane out of the UK, at least until they are fully vaccinated, but anyone with half a brain can fudge their departure with at least 3 of the paragraphs shown on the Declaration form, starting with Medical grounds and working downwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom