SLEEPY

2021 Holiday Plans
I was sitting in seat 1A when this happend.
I had to open the main door (as the hostesses were freaking out.)and engage the chute by pulling a lever in the floor..
What really annoyed me was that the flight crew then pushed passed me and made good their exit...leaving everyone else on board.
When I later saw the Captain on the highway he got a right mouth full and was fortunate not to get a good boot in the hole!
Happy Days.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
2021 Holiday Plans
I was sitting in seat 1A when this happend.
I had to open the main door (as the hostesses were freaking out.)and engage the chute by pulling a lever in the floor..
What really annoyed me was that the flight crew then pushed passed me and made good their exit...leaving everyone else on board.
When I later saw the Captain on the highway he got a right mouth full and was fortunate not to get a good boot in the hole!
Happy Days.
2015, wasn't that the last time you bought a round of drinks Sleepy?

2021 Holiday Plans
It's a load of balls really 2 days to infect every one before you get tested. Nearly 8000 deaths in 30 days.
I felt much safer flying to Turkey knowing the everyone had taken a PCR test before boarding. Saying that, I was a little concerned about the children in the row behind me, who wouldn't of been tested.

I am not intending to fly home for at least another 7 weeks, so the UK government may of changed it's mind again by then.

Saoirse

2021 Holiday Plans
Here in Turkey the frustration and incredulity amongst many UK expats is regarding their Pfizer jabs given here not being recognized by UK

Does seem pretty ridiculous as Turkeys Pfizer programme is fully accepted by EU and authorized by EMA- the same authorizing body the UK accepts for travelers from EU!

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
Here in Turkey the frustration and incredulity amongst many UK expats is regarding their Pfizer jabs given here not being recognized by UK

Does seem pretty ridiculous as Turkeys Pfizer programme is fully accepted by EU and authorized by EMA- the same authorizing body the UK accepts for travelers from EU!
If I can find the story. Biontech jabs have to be redone not administered right. In a city in turkey. Did not read the story. In a turkish paper. No smoke without fire.

Saoirse

2021 Holiday Plans
If I can find the story. Biontech jabs have to be redone not administered right. In a city in turkey. Did not read the story. In a turkish paper. No smoke without fire.
Sounds utter nonsense as both the EMA and the EU wouldn't be standing by them

jakebeak

2021 Holiday Plans
I think this "story" about Pfizer vaccinations not being recognised by the UK is utter rubbish. I'd like to read the article. If an injection hasn't been administered correctly it doesn't mean the actual vaccine is somehow invalid. Nurses being jailed for supplying fake vaccination cards is a completely different matter. That's just opportunistic crime. I am sure there are plenty of criminals in the UK making money out of the Coronavirus situation as well.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
2021 Holiday Plans
I think this "story" about Pfizer vaccinations not being recognised by the UK is utter rubbish. I'd like to read the article. If an injection hasn't been administered correctly it doesn't mean the actual vaccine is somehow invalid. Nurses being jailed for supplying fake vaccination cards is a completely different matter. That's just opportunistic crime. I am sure there are plenty of criminals in the UK making money out of the Coronavirus situation as well.
Most of them are in the House of Commons wearing blue ties.

Saoirse

2021 Holiday Plans
Sadly not.
War Department off to Germany for work and we need to weigh the kitchen sink !
I feel your pain

I have to bring a set of travel scales to Bim tomorrow because they are selling cabin luggage with 4 wheels and big girl always wants to know empty luggage weight......

Why do you need cabin case with 4 wheels I hear you cry

Its because one of our cats has got so heavy we can't carry him and have to balance his carrier on.top off a wheeled case to move him through airports

2021 Holiday Plans
Once you have had a 4 wheeled case, nothing else will do. They are so easy to manoeuvre, no need to tip & you can walk with them beside you rather than behind.

The only trouble that I have had is when I take my small 4 wheeled case on the train. It runs away during the journey, so I have to wedge it in somehow. It could do with a brake like on a pram.

I brought my small case with me this time. I treated it to a clean to get all the scuff mark's off, then polished it with a shoe shine pad. It looks like new again, but is actually nearly 11 years old. I brought it just before my grandson was born & specifically so that I could go on the train to visit him.

errichamp

2021 Holiday Plans
The Christmas holidays of 2022 are coming very soon and I am now planning a trip to Europe. I want to visit Vienna, Paris and Rome. And at the same time, quarantine restrictions are confusing.I hope that soon most of the people will be vaccinated and everything will become much easier. I prefer to travel by train, especially in winter there is something special about it. It's like being immersed in some magical atmosphere. Now I am already picking up tickets using db fahrplan and I will be glad for advice about interesting places.

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
2021 Holiday Plans
The Christmas holidays of 2022 are coming very soon and I am now planning a trip to Europe. I want to visit Vienna, Paris and Rome.
Welcome to the forum. I think you are very brave to plan something so far away in these times.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom