Kanga

2021 Holiday Plans
I hope you are right about that. We tried to book with EasyJet for next week and they were still available. I hope the government does cancel flights - we have flights for mid September and if they are still flying then and Turkey remains in the red zone, we will have to get a PCR test beforehand £100+ each ? plus 10/14 days in a quarantine hotel when we return, which is just too much expense for us. On the other hand, if flights are cancelled we can re-book for say, next year at no extra cost (this is the third flight re-booked so far !)
It's not quite that much; the quarantine is £1750 for the first person then £650 for a second sharing a room, so for a couple it's £2400. Still too much for my taste though! We're holding on to flights for 31st Aug but if there's no change by mid -September we'll probably switch to next year and book a holiday somewhere closer to home like the Channel Islands or Eire.

Bristol airport messaged me this week to say they now have tests on site, useful for those close by. See below.

'......This Monday sees the opening of our new in-terminal testing centre, providing convenient, efficient and reliable pre-departure tests for passengers who require them. You can book online now to select your test and appointment date.
The Nuffield Health testing centre is conveniently located just before Security. Dedicated parking is available in the Hampton by Hilton car park just a few minutes walk from the terminal at a discounted price of £5 for 2 hours.

We advise passengers to check their testing requirements for travel using the UK.GOV website.....'

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
2021 Holiday Plans
TBH folks there’s in your face evidence being shown daily on what’s going on with travel......what’s good today, is potentially no good next week & that doesn’t only apply to the UK.
I’ve been mulling over going to France for the last few days (driving), that has now been put on the back burner. I think Governments everywhere have got restrictions packaged & sitting on a shelf ready to enforce pending on their own data.
France it seems are still struggling with the South African variant, that struggle stems from the doubt Macron saw fit to make public over the AZ vaccine.
It’s been stated for months now that we will all have to coexist with Covid, that statement was made on the basis that the masses would get vaccinated.
Thank God that by the time the vaccine doubters came to the fore, the UKs program for vaccinations was well underway.
I still expect to catch Covid somewhere down the line but touch wood, not a life threatening dose.
The issue with the South African variant is that the AZ vaccine is nowhere near as effective against it.

juco

2021 Holiday Plans
Is it a coincidence that government announces `freedom day` for the 19th July and parliament starts recess on the 22nd July just in time for their holidays, Parliament returns on the 6th Sept and no doubt `cases` will have risen by then, I wonder then what action will be taken ? Need I guess.

Hilsjw

2021 Holiday Plans
You can still move your flights to next year Hills, we did just that for the reasons you mention, just log into your online booking and the option is there, its fee free but if there is a difference in price you pay it, our flights were £24 extra, far better than losing your money or having to pay £3500 to quarantine in a travel lodge for 14 nights
Thanks for that Martin. Will have a look for next year. We were very luckily and had cheap flights plus 99p hold luggage ! Hopefully moving the flight, if we can, will not incur too much extra cost. As you say, 10/14 nights at our expense on return to the U.K. is not what we want !

Hilsjw

2021 Holiday Plans
Had an email from EasyJet last week. Our flight from Gatwick on 11th September has been moved to LUTON on a flight leaving at 6.00 a.m. ! We have cancelled and re-booked a flight for next April. Cost an extra £130. for the two of us one way but cheaper than staying at an hotel at our expense when we return. Our friends who are in Akbuk plan to return to the UK. at the end of September. If Turkey is still in the red zone they will fly to Albania (or another green zone country) and stay for a week in an all inclusive hotel. They say it's much cheaper and more fun than having to stay in an hotel in the U.K. for 10/14 days. They are retired, so time is not important.

2021 Holiday Plans
I thought that you would of been able to move the flight for free. My flight from Gatwick on 18th September has been cancelled & they have automatically moved me to a later flight that day, but I also have the option to move to a different day. Currently I am waiting until nearer the time & the next government announcement. I may go out earlier, seeing as my April & June holidays didn't happen

Kanga

2021 Holiday Plans
I thought that you would of been able to move the flight for free. My flight from Gatwick on 18th September has been cancelled & they have automatically moved me to a later flight that day, but I also have the option to move to a different day. Currently I am waiting until nearer the time & the next government announcement. I may go out earlier, seeing as my April & June holidays didn't happen
I believe it's only within the current season, we've had 3 moves so far plus a change to an earlier return flight in October. Keeping our fingers X'd as we may have the same problem if TC stays in the red list.

sandr

Members Stuart & Ros
2021 Holiday Plans
I believe it's only within the current season, we've had 3 moves so far plus a change to an earlier return flight in October. Keeping our fingers X'd as we may have the same problem if TC stays in the red list.
No I think that you can move to next year at no extra cost. I've done that for our April and June flights which were cancelled this year. Fingers crossed that our September flight goes ahead, 50/50 I think at the moment. We'll see what happens at the next review next week.

Kanga

2021 Holiday Plans
No I think that you can move to next year at no extra cost. I've done that for our April and June flights which were cancelled this year. Fingers crossed that our September flight goes ahead, 50/50 I think at the moment. We'll see what happens at the next review next week.
That would be good, thanks. Our tickets were only £49 each and the latest flight swap at the end of August is listed at £229.

HedleyP

2021 Holiday Plans
We've written off any foreign holiday this year and are just staying local although we may head South over the border to Englandshire so I suppose that counts as foreign ;-)

We do have tickets booked for May next year though and I'm already stupidly excited.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
2021 Holiday Plans
We've written off any foreign holiday this year and are just staying local although we may head South over the border to Englandshire so I suppose that counts as foreign ;-)

We do have tickets booked for May next year though and I'm already stupidly excited.
A great choice - Englandshire. Why not go one better and visit Yorkshire?

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
2021 Holiday Plans

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
2021 Holiday Plans
But you's still be in yorkshire, so it's win lose.
No, because I would find out where you are and live next door playing my Gracie Fields classics on my Bose system day and night while I am out. 24/7 belters like 'The biggest aspidistra in the world' and 'Sally' would soon be a win-win.
You would have to move out and to that I could play you 'Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye.' :LOL:

Camden

2021 Holiday Plans

AIRLINE Jet2 and Jet2holidays have put a range of winter sun destinations on sale for winter 2022/23,

Winter Sun destinations going on sale for Winter 22/23 from Edinburgh and Glasgow Airports include the Canary Islands - Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, and Fuerteventura - as well as Madeira, Turkey – Antalya - and Cyprus - Paphos.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
2021 Holiday Plans
They obviously are betting that all will be sorted but it is 18 months away.
We aren't 18 months down the line from Covid being detected yet.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom