Hilsjw

2021 Holiday Plans
From what I can see all easyJet flights to Turkey before the 17th of July were cancelled earlier this week, l changed mine to September 2022 for free, even though the new flight was over £300 more expensive than the original one. Seats and luggage were transferred over to it automatically too.
Same here Frankie T. We were very pleased with that outcome but hope our flight for mid September this year goes ahead !

tulip

2021 Holiday Plans
hi to all,we had flights booked for the UK(travelling late June),but due to the recent developments jet 2 cancelled this flight and we received a full cash refund no problems within days of their cancellation 'email'.

mollag

Kipper restorer
2021 Holiday Plans
I dont expect that we will get to a holiday this year, I hope to be proved wrong :rolleyes:
It is still looking the same, family health and our Islands closed borders make planning this year, a waste of time. But we would like to get back to Turkey at the first opportunity. As we have saved a few shekels over the outbreak, I think we shall spend more on better flights, maybe travel via Stamboul, have a few days there then down the coast to the Mugla area, 6 weeks or so with a nice hire car sounds just fine at the mo (y) (y)

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
2021 Holiday Plans
There was a complaint about it being 19tl at a café in Calis yesterday.
Had a few good nights out in Calis, Bambu, and one with a couple of bikes permanently chained up opposite, however I wouldn't pay 10 TL for Efes these days, well, I might the odd time.

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
2021 Holiday Plans
Had a few good nights out in Calis, Bambu, and one with a couple of bikes permanently chained up opposite, however I wouldn't pay 10 TL for Efes these days, well, I might the odd time.
I see living in Scotland is getting through to you.

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
I see the beaches are in full swing Bodrum areas, beach entry free in some if you spend more than 300 tl. Or pay 105 - 750 entry fee +service charge of 13%in some.

2021 Holiday Plans
Double-jabbed British holidaymakers could be able to go abroad to nearly 170 countries from next month with Vaccine Passports. Those fully vaccinated will show evidence via the NHS app at border controls. They can then travel to Amber list nations WITHOUT having to Isolate upon Return. Portugal, France, Spain, Italy, Greece and the US are among those destinations

Double-Jabbed British holidaymakers could be given the green light to fly to nearly 170 countries from next month under new government plans. Those who are fully vaccinated will provide evidence via the NHS app at border controls and then be able to enjoy trips to amber list nations without having to isolate for 10 days upon returning home. Huge numbers of tourists had to scramble home from Portugal earlier this month in order to beat the quarantine deadline when it was dramatically taken off the green list.

Some 168 destinations are currently on the amber list, including popular holiday spots like Portugal, France, Spain, Italy, Greece and the United States. Ministers are still discussing the plans at this early stage, but Boris Johnson could rubber-stamp them in time for millions of lockdown-weary Britons to jump on flights in July. The idea would see travellers obliged to take several PCR tests on their return, but if they come back negative, they won't have to remain stuck in their homes like under current rules. However, questions may be asked over the Border Force's ability to cope with such a large number of travellers after an incident in April, when travel was largely restricted, which saw a passenger collapse while waiting seven hours in Heathrow's overwhelmed passport control.

alva5763

Bodrum buddy
2021 Holiday Plans
Wonder about expats wanting to go to UK. Will theır vaccinations in their expat country be accepted to return?

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
Another knock for Turkey the EU has not opened holidays to turkey again, and Belgium has cancelled all holidays this summer to turkey. Tui cancelled all holidays to none EU countries for July and August.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
2021 Holiday Plans
Wonder about expats wanting to go to UK. Will theır vaccinations in their expat country be accepted to return?
I can't see how they can refuse to recognise the same vaccine that they have been giving in the UK. they should be grateful that someone else has paid for it.

Saoirse

2021 Holiday Plans
Its far from alll doom and gloom for Turkish tourism

Full steam ahead from next week with Russkis arriving in their 1000s with Germany shortly set to follow suit

Turkeys vaccine roll out now one of the worlds fastest with over 1.5m a day getting the jab

Saoirse

2021 Holiday Plans
Philip, make your mind up. Are you in Spain or 'here in Turkey?' Promise not to come looking for you, but let me know when that pub opposite you opens. xx
Well it opened start of week and ..... I hate it!!!

Very modern reasonable prices etc but went once and reluctant to return because.....it smells!!

Even walking past it that old lady haberdashery mothballs smell!!!!

alva5763

Bodrum buddy
2021 Holiday Plans
I know expats will be able to fly home but wondering if they will have to isolate if they have had two jabs. Rules for holidaymakers and expats can be different.
Thanks for replies above.

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
I know expats will be able to fly home but wondering if they will have to isolate if they have had two jabs. Rules for holidaymakers and expats can be different.
Thanks for replies above.
I thought everyone from red zone isolalstes in a hotel.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom