sandr

Members Stuart & Ros
2021 Holiday Plans
I don't think that you tend to see the police with guns at the smaller airports like Luton.
When we lived in Hertfordshire Luton used to be our nearest airport, but my husband hated it, he always preferred to fly from Heathrow or Gatwick.
Living just a few miles from Luton airport it's my 'go to' airport and in normal times police with guns are definitely in attendance!

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
2021 Holiday Plans

Serbia welcomes vaccine passport deal with Turkey​

Full Story

Extract:
Serbian ambassador to Turkey welcomed the two countries' decision to recognize each other's COVID-19 vaccine certificates for safe travel.

Zoran Markovic said the use of vaccine certificates for travel has started on May 14, and he invited Turkish tourists to Serbia.

Kanga

2021 Holiday Plans
Our lovely gentle 6' 4" black neighbour worked in the armed police unit in Bristol Airport and carried a very large and very visible gun, not sure what, and once frightened the life out of us by pretending to haul us out as we approached the check-in queue. We didn't recognise him in full body armour etc, but I was very glad to see him there. Last autumn when we flew out of Bristol there was no visible sign of any armed security.
We got caught up in a bomb scare 2 years ago in Dalaman which was frightening. We were among a crowd awaiting boarding at the gate, when a bag exploded. Everyone fled in absolute panic, scattering bags, jackets etc everywhere, kids running screaming, losing shoes and parents. It was only a phone battery but still a horrible experience.

sandr

Members Stuart & Ros
2021 Holiday Plans
Rather surprised to see that there are three TUI flights scheduled to arrive today at Bodrum Milas departing from Gatwick, Birmingham and Manchester. With Turkey still on the red list surely there won't be many passengers on them :unsure:. Those that are must be desperate for some sun :cool:

Bramidan

2021 Holiday Plans
Well finally accepted we won't be getting over to Turkey until at least September.
Decided if we are going to be stuck at home it would be a good idea to ensure internet connection reached our garden and decking. At least I could keep up too date with the latest Chips and Jacey spat!
Now discovered, surprise surprise UK summer going to be rubbish.
Staycation anybody, freezing your a..e off, reminds me of family holidays on the east coast with the wind off the North Sea cutting you in half huddled behind a wind breaker, oh what joy.

Mushroom

2021 Holiday Plans
Well finally accepted we won't be getting over to Turkey until at least September.
Decided if we are going to be stuck at home it would be a good idea to ensure internet connection reached our garden and decking. At least I could keep up too date with the latest Chips and Jacey spat!
Now discovered, surprise surprise UK summer going to be rubbish.
Staycation anybody, freezing your a..e off, reminds me of family holidays on the east coast with the wind off the North Sea cutting you in half huddled behind a wind breaker, oh what joy.
But look at the 'big picture'. For all those who have paid over the odds for camper vans, motorhomes and conversions to have staycations in the UK anticipating (wrongly) that we would have a repeat of the weather last year.
Fast forward to next year when Covid should be managed, holidays abroad should have returned in force, the population ditch the UK for abroad and there is a glut of motorhomes at good reduced prices on the market.
That will do nicely !!

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
Rather surprised to see that there are three TUI flights scheduled to arrive today at Bodrum Milas departing from Gatwick, Birmingham and Manchester. With Turkey still on the red list surely there won't be many passengers on them :unsure:. Those that are must be desperate for some sun :cool:
Some will have come for long stay, hoping no quarantine when it's time to go home.

Andybutt

2021 Holiday Plans
If you look on flightradar you will see that status is unknown. These were scheduled flights that didn’t actually fly

Hilsjw

2021 Holiday Plans
Proceed with caution and check your insurance is valid if you are going amber
BBC News - Holiday firms refuse refunds for amber destinations
Anyone booking a holiday in amber zones must be mad and should not complain about consequences. The only exceptions are possibly for family serious health problems, definitely not for a beach holiday. In any case, these places are not going to be all bars, nightclubs and Sangria !

Top Bottom