Mushroom

2021 Holiday Plans
They have to keep up their flying hours and train on any upgrades
The Jet2 simulator for my neighbour is based on an industrial estate just off the M606 near Bradford. In the early days of lockdown, she used to go to it regularly and at silly times such as very early morning or late PM,which would indicate that they were using available slots for all pilots, but of late she hasn't.
I read that as being a case of - until we know what is happening, we won't waste time, costs and effort.
Not exactly endearing, but I suppose that when the time is right, a lot of extra practice can be introduced?
Just now and for the last 6 months, she is repairing/building cycles for her boyfriend's business which has been booming.
The last time I asked her if she had any idea if she was on any roster for the anticipated flights to Portugal, she said "I hope not".
Methinks, furlough and the cycle business might be pointing towards a change of career?

Kanga

2021 Holiday Plans
I see that to their embarrassment, Portugal CANNOT accept Non-EU holidaymakers despite the UK giving the green list light for travel there. What makes it worse is that Portugal is currently holding the EU presidency, so no chance of a quiet deal on the side.
Red faces all round and more chaos for the battered travel industry. What's going to happen to all the holidays already booked?
You couldn't make it up!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
2021 Holiday Plans
I see that to their embarrassment, Portugal CANNOT accept Non-EU holidaymakers despite the UK giving the green list light for travel there. What makes it worse is that Portugal is currently holding the EU presidency, so no chance of a quiet deal on the side.
Red faces all round and more chaos for the battered travel industry. What's going to happen to all the holidays already booked?
You couldn't make it up!
That's a shame, Man City and Chelsea fans were looking forward to that little trip to Porto.

Kanga

2021 Holiday Plans
I believe they will be allowed in and straight back out after the match but kept in a bubble.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
2021 Holiday Plans
I believe they will be allowed in and straight back out after the match but kept in a bubble.
That's what I have now read, thankfully most City fans will drink tea and coffee all the way there, within their bubble, during the game and after so as not to be refused to fly back. with only 12,000 English fans there it would have made sense to have the game in the Midlands at one of their tiny stadiums, and have the corporates fly in and out on the same day.

Mushroom

2021 Holiday Plans
That's what I have now read, thankfully most City fans will drink tea and coffee all the way there, within their bubble, during the game and after so as not to be refused to fly back. with only 12,000 English fans there it would have made sense to have the game in the Midlands at one of their tiny stadiums, and have the corporates fly in and out on the same day.
I've already said it should have been at a location in the Midlands, but that is common sense and soon over- ruled in the name of corporate hospitality.
The fans are once again the bit part players.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
2021 Holiday Plans
The uk gov refused permission for football officials to fly in and out without quarantine , other business people can but not footie which would have generated a cotchel of dosh for uk.com and saved the fans a fortune . Poor show , now if it were horse racing or tennis .

Steve

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
2021 Holiday Plans
A message from our CEO, Simon Cooper
Dear customer,

You may have seen an announcement this morning in newspapers that, until further notice, we have paused selling new holidays for this summer.

Myself and the On the Beach team have done a lot of soul searching in making this decision and we feel that, until we are more certain about the likely traffic light colour of our destinations in the coming months (as well as what that means for local restrictions, tests, immigration and quarantining when you get home), for now, we won’t be selling any new holidays that may be subject to inconvenience, disruption or even cancellation. The current traffic light colours are only valid for three weeks, so it is possible even destinations that have been classified green today may turn to red or amber before you are due to travel.

I can assure you we are keeping an incredibly close eye on what is happening in all of our holiday destinations and, as soon as we have more clarity about what you can expect on holiday, we will be back on sale for the summer months. Our next review will be following the next Government announcement, expected on the 28th May.

In the meantime, why not look ahead to some winter sun or perhaps 2022, when we can be more confident that everything really will be better - at the airport, in our hotels and of course, on the beach.

For now, we thank you for your continued support, and will be back in touch as the picture for holidays this summer becomes clearer.

Yours sincerely,

Simon Cooper
Founder & CEO On the Beach

Mushroom

2021 Holiday Plans

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
So are any holidays allowed to Europe yet?, hasn't Europe got to open its borders yet to none European countries before holidays can start , jus the same as Portugal and the football.?

Kanga

2021 Holiday Plans
Haven't I just missed the airport muppets, who you watch at the check-in, then the bars, and all you are thinking is " I hope that lot aren't on our flight?" And, then they join you in the line up to get on the same flight as you !!
We once had 2 black Zimbabwe African men sitting in a row behind us on a flight. They were practically legless before they boarded and then for most of the flight they made gross and offensive sexual comments. Anyone who so much as looked at them was accused of racial prejudice and we felt really sorry for the stewards. I've never been so glad to arrive. Another time we had some drunks kicking off and the Turkish police were there ready to greet them when we landed.
Some people never learn.

2021 Holiday Plans
I don't think that you tend to see the police with guns at the smaller airports like Luton.
When we lived in Hertfordshire Luton used to be our nearest airport, but my husband hated it, he always preferred to fly from Heathrow or Gatwick.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
2021 Holiday Plans
I don't think that you tend to see the police with guns at the smaller airports like Luton.
When we lived in Hertfordshire Luton used to be our nearest airport, but my husband hated it, he always preferred to fly from Heathrow or Gatwick.

One of my old friends was a detective at Manchester Airport, we went on our holiday trip as usual and there were bobbies with semi or automatic guns, they were there to stand out, I mentioned this to Stuart on our return, his response was "they are the ones you can see" he himself would never have been trusted with a firearm, his own words.

Top Bottom