Saoirse

2021 Holiday Plans
I dont agree

You could drive for around 3 hours and still be within Valencia Communidad and quite frankly the vast majority of UK tourists who come especially to the South of the region would not generally exceed that distance range

Mushroom

2021 Holiday Plans
The vast majority of Brits who go to Benidorm rarely move more than 100 yards from their AI hotel.
There is now disagreement, according to the DM, amongst ministers and scientists as to whether foreign travel should be dissuaded due to variants and infection rates in many destinations, but we appear to be okay to go to Jamaica !!

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
2021 Holiday Plans
MPs recommend government try to encourage Brits to stay in the UK this year. Following the huge success of the 'Eat out to help out' initiative last year, we can expect a 'Stay home to Stay safe' campaign. Half of the holiday costs of staying in the UK will be met by Joe Public. Meanwhile, MPs, Boris and his dad will jet off as usual on urgent government business.

Kanga

2021 Holiday Plans
The vast majority of Brits who go to Benidorm rarely move more than 100 yards from their AI hotel.
There is now disagreement, according to the DM, amongst ministers and scientists as to whether foreign travel should be dissuaded due to variants and infection rates in many destinations, but we appear to be okay to go to Jamaica !!
So, . . . 'Ja make her, or did she go on her own?

sorry.

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
I dont agree

You could drive for around 3 hours and still be within Valencia Communidad and quite frankly the vast majority of UK tourists who come especially to the South of the region would not generally exceed that distance range
It's not only the tourist that drives, the Spanish do as well, you only have to look at Bodrum.

Saoirse

2021 Holiday Plans
Well I am only telling you what the scientists and analysts have advised- the numbers would be negligible

Remember Valencia has an inter province no travel order

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
2021 Holiday Plans
Seems to me that it’s a holiday into the unknown & returning to the unknown and all about the prices.....which also seem to be the unknown.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
2021 Holiday Plans
Just showed on the news deserted resorts in Spain, pretty grim TBH. It was pointed out that it’s not just British tourists missing, this time of the year there should be many German tourists there & that as well is a no show.
Talks ongoing with London and Madrid.

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
Just showed on the news deserted resorts in Spain, pretty grim TBH. It was pointed out that it’s not just British tourists missing, this time of the year there should be many German tourists there & that as well is a no show.
Talks ongoing with London and Madrid.
It was reported last week Spain wanted like for like, if they let UK tourists come they want to be able to go to the UK.

Mushroom

2021 Holiday Plans
They will be very welcome to have a fortnight in Castleford !! Benidorm without the sun.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
2021 Holiday Plans
The EU Commission is saying restrictions should be eased for holidays. That’s it then, stay at 🏠

alva5763

Bodrum buddy
2021 Holiday Plans

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
2021 Holiday Plans
Barnier admitting UK was better than UK due to red tape.

It’s been well established what went on over the vaccine procurements by the EU.
Bartering over the price created delays.
The Commission will get more egg on its face if they lose the AZ court case later this month & I think they will.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
2021 Holiday Plans
As this thread has "steered off course" no doubt accidentally, I will attempt to navigate back to the core subject.
I get emails from various companies with their offerings, and yesterday I got this one. The cruise industry has taken a huge hit with the pandemic but I feel this will not help their cause, Lulu, Kathryn Jenkins and Harry Redknapp ffs, plus who is going to watch movies under the stars in the Irish Sea in September, plus a visit to Belfast to crown it. They would do better sailing up the Manchester Ship Canal to Salford and touring Ordsall, that said Belfast is probably safer.

Sorry Princess Cruises but this smacks of desperation.

jakebeak

2021 Holiday Plans
I don't think they'll open restaurants that late or they won't get any trade from locals or tourists whoever they may be.

Saoirse

2021 Holiday Plans
They will not open

They are trying to get numbers down to try and possibly salvage a late season

Theres absolutely no point in opening before they have a good chance of mass tourism

Opening now and numbers climbing would finish any chance of that

Reopening restaurants etc will be early July at earliest as will ending 7 PM curfew and weekend lock up

Latest Posts

Top Bottom