Mushroom

2021 Holiday Plans
I wasn't personally endorsing just posting the findings ... but to take the devil's advocate role ..

Surely the Airlines like you have said, are on their knees many even near to bankruptcy ..... So the price of an extra empty seat the 1/3 profit loss .. can be made up with higher ticket prices to secure your health . It's not as if the alternative , the staycation, the prices aren't going up ? ...with people so desperate even gazumping other people's holidays, offering more...

Where there is a demand there is a market , and there seems there is demand ....with people desperate for a break ( hopefully to a safe country )

So trade merged with a Customers who desperate to getaway... surely they would pay the extra to secure their health, in so making up the cost to so the airline can make up any profit loss ...

Airlines to meet demand may come to the realization that customer personalization might pay, so it's up tot hem to put forward an option creating a product that meets the needs of their customer ????

As for the cost compulsory tests we must ask why are our tests are so expensive when in Europe they are half the price...
Who wants to gazump anybody to a place with major infection rates and shut down?
If currently a flight to Turkey was £1 each way, I wouldn't want it.

Camden

2021 Holiday Plans
I wasn't personally endorsing just posting the findings ... but to take the devil's advocate role ..

Surely the Airlines like you have said, are on their knees many even near to bankruptcy ..... So the price of an extra empty seat the 1/3 profit loss .. can be made up with higher ticket prices to secure your health . It's not as if the alternative , the staycation, the prices aren't going up ? ...with people so desperate even gazumping other people's holidays, offering more...

Where there is a demand there is a market , and there seems there is demand ....with people desperate for a break ( hopefully to a safe country )

So trade merged with a Customers who desperate to getaway... surely they would pay the extra to secure their health, in so making up the cost to so the airline can make up any profit loss ...

Airlines to meet demand may come to the realization that customer personalization might pay, so it's up tot hem to put forward an option creating a product that meets the needs of their customer ????

As for the cost compulsory tests we must ask why are our tests are so expensive when in Europe they are half the price...

Who wants to gazump anybody to a place with major infection rates and shut down?
If currently a flight to Turkey was £1 each way, I wouldn't want it.

Who mentioned "if Turkey" ? I said hopefully "safe countries" Turkey's on the red list .Also the Gazumping was mentioned in relation to staycations..... keep up Mush LOL

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
2021 Holiday Plans
Just watched a programme on TV about what cruise liner companies knew about the virus & yet continued the cruises. Letting hundreds of passengers disembark in various countries & either spreading the virus or picking it up and bringing it back onboard.

Kanga

2021 Holiday Plans
The airlines can't win any which way. We bought flights for £95 return on e-j May to July, and they've already cancelled the flights twice. Every time they move the flights to later into the holiday season they are losing out because they have to honour the original booking price and not charge any more. Flights in June -Sept are much higher. We can keep moving the booking as far as next year if they continue cancelling the flights. Which is better for the airline, refunding the ticket price, or holding on and flying someone on a low price ticket when they could have charged a new booking the higher price?

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
2021 Holiday Plans
And if the airline goes down the pan??
Atol or in our case we claimed back off our credit card and the money was back in our account within 3 days when Monarch went under, bit weird though as our deposit went to one of their businesses, the balance to another and the extras which I can't remember what they were, from another part of the business.

Saoirse

2021 Holiday Plans
Until quarantine requirements on return are removed theres simply not gonna be tourists in numbers going anywhere from UK

Camden

2021 Holiday Plans
German tourists are now going to Russia for a holiday and at the same time getting the Sputnik vaccine. They have a hotel geared up for this. BBC news this morning.

And Russians are going to Ukraine, but in tanks it seems Lol

Hilsjw

2021 Holiday Plans
We booked flights on EasyJet for 11th Sept. Just been on their site. Prices have gone up but the interesting thing is, there are only 2 seats left of that flight, which seems that there will be hundreds of tourists going over to Turkey. Of course, things could change if there is a spike either here or in Turkey. Fingers crossed.

Saoirse

2021 Holiday Plans
Fingers crossed indeed for yourself and god love them the restaurants cafes bars etc over here
I go by them every day now closed but still painting improving and above all deep cleaning hoping for yet another season that might never come

Talking to them their stories are heartbreaking

Almost all of them have had not a single kuru ( other than our short lived reopening for a few weeks) in many many months

( I would add that during that short lived opening in this area the cleanliness and strict entry requirements were exemplary- certainly well ahead of how things were operating in parts of Spain I experienced)

Most of them still however have to pay rent out with nothing coming in

Sadly last night's figures with a further increase in cases of 5000 shows things are not looking good

Hope to god I am wrong as both tourists and locals do deserve a decent summer here

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
We booked flights on EasyJet for 11th Sept. Just been on their site. Prices have gone up but the interesting thing is, there are only 2 seats left of that flight, which seems that there will be hundreds of tourists going over to Turkey. Of course, things could change if there is a spike either here or in Turkey. Fingers crossed.
Won't need to spike Hils just carry on as it is they are saying now turkey is the new India.

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
Fingers crossed indeed forSaoirse yourself and god love them the restaurants cafes bars etc over here
I go by them every day now closed but still painting improving and above all deep cleaning hoping for yet another season that might never come

Talking to them their stories are heartbreaking

Almost all of them have had not a single kuru ( other than our short lived reopening for a few weeks) in many many months

( I would add that during that short lived opening in this area the cleanliness and strict entry requirements were exemplary- certainly well ahead of how things were operating in parts of Spain I experienced)

Most of them still however have to pay rent out with nothing coming in

Sadly last night's figures with a further increase in cases of 5000 shows things are not looking good

Hope to god I am wrong as both tourists and locals do deserve a decent summer here
Sounds to me Saoirse your area is trying with all this deep cleaning never seen it happen here. Closed one day open the next.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom