Saoirse

2021 Holiday Plans
The closure is due to end after Ramazan but if there's not a rapid downturn in cases and .more importantly- an extensive hospital capacity available- there will be no holiday season this year

It's not looking good at all now- but if the roll out accelerates including the planned vaccination of all tourism workers then it's over to Johnson etc to decide if they will allow their citizens to travel

It's a tight one to call but if I was a betting man I would say there being a season at less than 50/50

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
So who is going to come on holiday to a country where you cannot eat in a restaurant? I am not against the policy at all, in reality I am in favour of a lockdown, but we need to get the policy straight and stop talking about tourism.
They are here already, been here for weeks in the 5 star Hotels. They are saying the hotels are full outside Alanya on the way to Antalya. It's the same people who are saying I'm already stuff lockdown.

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
The closure is due to end after Ramazan but if there's not a rapid downturn in cases and .more importantly- an extensive hospital capacity available- there will be no holiday season this year

It's not looking good at all now- but if the roll out accelerates including the planned vaccination of all tourism workers then it's over to Johnson etc to decide if they will allow their citizens to travel

It's a tight one to call but if I was a betting man I would say there being a season at less than 50/50
How do they vaccinate all workers, they mean,hotel staff are what about the other 20 million shop keeper's and tea houses restaurants staff ???

Saoirse

2021 Holiday Plans
To be fair what you have currently are mainly Russians etc in the AI hotels

The main tourism certainly for normal restaurants bars shops etc is entirely dependent on the non AI tourists mainly from Western Europe

It's their arrival or not which will state if there's a successful season this year

On a slightly more positive note re the appalling current daily figures- the overwhelming majority of new cases are not serious enough to require hospitalisation and bed capacity in both normal and ICU ward in most areas is still sufficient

Last edited:

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
To be fair what you have currently are mainly Russians etc in the AI hotels

The main tourism certainly for normal restaurants bars shops etc is entirely dependent on the non AI tourists mainly from Western Europe

It's their arrival or not which will state if there's a successful season this yearis

On a slightly more positive note re the appalling current daily figures- the overwhelming majority of new cases are not serious enough to require hospitalisation and bed capacity in both normal and ICU ward in most areas is still sufficient
It's bad enough for the professors to want a total close down of all the tourist destinations right down the coast.

Saoirse

2021 Holiday Plans
I understand that but and it's a big but- if progress can be made on both the new case numbers and the vaccine roll out there has to be some form of normalization as many cannot go much further with absolutely no income

Theres no subsidies here and not only do businesses have zero coming in they still have to pay rent etc

It's a tight balancing act and a hard call which may need to be made region by region but continued closure with risk of the economy collapsing could cause at least as much disaster as the virus

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
2021 Holiday Plans
Now we read that Bodrum expects 3 times more tourists than 2020, boutique hotels, not AI, so where are people going to eat when the restaurants are closed? No mention of that.

Camden

2021 Holiday Plans
Free Money ...

Malta will distribute money to tourists: 200 euro gift for two conditions

'Incentive package' for tourists from Malta who want to stimulate tourism: Those who stay for at least three days and book directly will be given money.

Kanga

2021 Holiday Plans
So glad to see the russians are back in all inclusive lockdowns, they can stay there and share their viruses with each other.

Just sorry for all the small businesses across the tourist regions that rely on tourism and get nothing from AI visitors.

enoch

2021 Holiday Plans
It's been made official Russia is restricting flights to turkey from the 15 April to the 1st of June to protect the Russian citizens from the covid 19 infections.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
2021 Holiday Plans
So who is going to come on holiday to a country where you cannot eat in a restaurant? I am not against the policy at all, in reality I am in favour of a lockdown, but we need to get the policy straight and stop talking about tourism.

Totally agree. The UKs infections and death rate has dramatically dropped, I’m of the belief that you walk away from a major disaster & not knowingly walk straight into it.
I can understand though the people who have properties in Turkey and are stuck here. Places out there need airing and maintaining.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
2021 Holiday Plans
So with Easyjets random cancellations of flights, our outgoing flight from Glasgow to Kos was cancelled, I went on to Manage Disruption and experience told me to look for the smallest link, Change Flights was a massive button as was request a voucher but request a refund was a less obvious link, that was the route we took, refund requested in less that 10 seconds, We then booked the same flights for 2022 at a much lower price than we had paid for 2021. Accommodation had all been booked separately so one was cancelled on facebook messenger, the next by email and the last on Booking.com. Its entirely what we expected to be fair, that said at the moment there are some flights running from English airports starting in May, they may still get cancelled as well though.
I was asked if I wanted my right knee replacement done on 25th April, I turned it down as I haven't had my 2nd jab yet plus the recovery time would have been tight for the June trip, I'm now tempted to move our August trip to next year and get the knee job out of the way and go somewhere hot over the winter, discussions with my child bride later I think.

jakebeak

2021 Holiday Plans
It looks like no UK tourists will be able to get to Turkey before 23rd June anyway with direct flights having been cancelled. With over 62,000 infections in the last 24 hours I wouldn't be keen to come here! I think they are trying to reduce the infection rate within a month but I don't think that's going to happen somehow. They still need to vaccinate a lot of people. I think we're up to 19 million who have had the vaccination now.

Saoirse

2021 Holiday Plans
The roll out rate has become pitifully slow
On top of that one Turkish govt source said their guesstimate of where they would need to be in daily cases to qualify for for UK green list is under 10K

Not a chance this side of August imho

Yesterday the Turks said if they dont have the numbers below 50K by June they will need stricter measures. That sort of shows you how pessimistic they actually are re getting these numbers down

Latest Posts

Top Bottom