mallin

mal mc cullough
20% off your Sky TV
reckon if ye had not phoned up they would have been offering you 6 months contract at half price.was paying 23 quid there for all the channels....think the deal you got is one of the first resort offers they would give...
loads of people let it run out than wait for phone to ring..
don't mean to belittle your deal by any means.

Tess

20% off your Sky TV
I cancelled Sky a while back. Got various tempters in the post, Few weeks ago I got a letter/flyer/hard card pamphlet thingy with my name on it offering me 6 months at half price. On Saturday I got the same offering me 1 year for half price, full package as what I had with them before. Rang them on Sunday and availed of their offer, Sky was switched on again before I finished on the phone.

I have my phone, BT broadband and BT vision with BT, not with sky, the above was for the programmes only package.

PS I should have mentioned when I cancelled with them they did not offer me half price!!

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
20% off your Sky TV
I rang up to cancel our package which costed about £90 a month, I was angling after a reduction and was offered the 20 % but I was crafty and pushed for more on their 20p per minute phone number for 63 minutes the result they accepted my cancellation !!
lucky we were away for a month so didnt miss it !

martin

Tess

20% off your Sky TV
Super reduction Crashtester, they offered me nothing when I cancelled. They let me go and then offered the incentives to get me back. Silly I think, if they had of come up with something on the phone I would have perhaps reconsidered.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
20% off your Sky TV
you get nothing for being a loyal customer though !

martin

We have had the full package since I can remember. A colleague of mine, at the time was always calling them to cancel and there and then were offered many good deals, so I thought, hmmm, we've been with them for ages and never had any discounts, so I rang them to tell them that I was cancelling due to ever increasing costs etc, they thanked me and didn't offer us a sausage. We ended up staying with them, but now I'm off to call them and see if I get any doscounts, lol. I'll let you all know.

20% off your Sky TV
I phoned Sky in November to cancel the Sports as we only usually watch Rugby League and the season has finished until February and I could save £8 for 3 months, when asked why I was cancelling I said I was looking to save some money, OK I could keep the Sports channel and for 6 months I could have 20% off my total bill so as well as saving the £8 for 3 months I have Sports for extra 3 months for 10p. I accepted and was told to ring again on the 17th April when the offer finished to see if they had any other offers.

mallin

mal mc cullough
20% off your Sky TV
My contract had run out 18 months ago and I got no phone call to offer any other deal. In fact I've never kbnown anyone have sky call them when a contract has expired and offer to reduce their payments.

sorry to hear that you or anyone you know has never got a call from sky offering incentives to come back.i can only say that we regularly get offers all the time to lapsed subscribers.often the facal point of attention at work.look at some of the posts above and you will see.....have you moved address.have you not at least seen all the flyers delivered on a regular basis offering good deals to return...tess has got one years subscription at half price. i can honestly say i have never known anyone who has never been offered something........

mallin

mal mc cullough
20% off your Sky TV
ah sorry i get you now....worth a phonecall alright.maybe i have cancelled to often and will get no offer..........cancelled there late november.will let you know if all that i preach on this topic is in fact a load of crap if that offer never comes....egg on my face.seriously though will let you know..

mallin

mal mc cullough
20% off your Sky TV
well further to my hoping for a good sky offer having cancelled 27th november i got a letter there saturday 12th dec offering 12 month subscription at half price for the duration and you are not tied into a contract..tess has also got the same offer..needless to say i am back on again.....ah how i missed all their repeats those two weeks i was away..........

mallin

mal mc cullough
20% off your Sky TV
thought so too philip.and first thing i got to see was a screamer from fortune[where the hell is the acute over that e on this computer] up at fir park.............

guinevere

20% off your Sky TV
we just got sky+ and multiroom put in ,wasn't offered any discounts and been with them forever ,did have a spot of bother with the ordering so got the multiroom for £4.90 a month instead of £10 .

mallin

mal mc cullough
20% off your Sky TV
think you really need to cancel if you can do without the viewing for a short time.half a loaf is better than no bread to murdoch

Tess

20% off your Sky TV
Even on my cancellation call I was offered nothing, the incentives came in after my cancellation. Was well pleased with 12months for half price, didn't bite at the 6 months and voila a 12 month deal followed. Well done Mallin !!! Half loaf better than no bread to anyone never mind Murdoch - who's Murdoch ? ? LOL!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom