SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
2 Police Dogs die in car
How stupid can people be...these were their partners. In North America the police dogs are considered officers. If a criminal kills a police dog it's the same crime as killing an actual officer. I hope that is considered here when they do their investigation.

Biker Bob

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
2 Police Dogs die in car
Appalling, and hope they are found guilty, the investigation has started, those poor dogs!!!

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
2 Police Dogs die in car
I saw it tonight on my local News . The police break into cars to rescue dogs left in side the vechicle during hot wether , These Idiots left thier own dogs to die an horrific death They are dog handlers ??????? Tv cameras show a senior officer laying flowers at a big tree with his GSD . I think these poor dogs would have prefered fresh air and water . I hope they get the maximum sentance , But local tv said they haven't been suspended !

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
2 Police Dogs die in car
this ONE police man dont represent the whole police, so dont say all policemen are neglecting thier dogs just cos this one did! others who break into cars and rescue others may well be pampering thier own!

giglets

2 Police Dogs die in car
As an ex-cop, with two dogs of my own, I can only say that this story has upset me greatly and, investigation accepted, if guilt is found, the officer concerned should suffer the maximum penalty - no excuses!

pebble

2 Police Dogs die in car
Oh my God., what a tragedy. so much pain and suffering, sadness. how senseless.
What biker Bob said is true about our K-9s here.
I am so saddened

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
2 Police Dogs die in car
This is a terrible case of neglect- those poor dogs would have died an horrific death in temperatures of about 50 + dgs
Surely the dog handler would have known that you NEVER leave a dog in the car in this heat !!
I hope that he gets a 6 month sentence and a hefty £ 25 k fine - they RSPCA are
investigating this and he should NOT get away with it
Call himself a dog lover -- I DONT THINK SO

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
2 Police Dogs die in car
It's a terrible story and you would expect more from a trained police dog handler - you can guarantee the officer is extremely distraught over this as the two dogs were a part of his family. I think it was a total lack of common sense on his part rather than a wilful act so I would doubt very much whether he will receive anything other than a token fine if even that. He has already been interviewed by an RSPCA Inspector.

The temperature outside was 29 - inside the car it could well have risen to 47 in a very short space of time. Leaving windows open and a bowl of water would make little or no difference and the dogs could have been dead in 20 minutes.

Interestingly Nottinghamshire police referred this to the IPCC but they handed it back for police themselves to investigate which is why I feel there will be little or no legal action taken against the officer. The force may very well transfer him out of the dog section though to appease the public outcry.

C

pebble

2 Police Dogs die in car
I am still having a hard time with this. His trainer/partner blew it big time. A simple fine and slap on the wrist just doesnt cut it. Im sure he is broken up about it, but wouldnt he have had the common sense and TRAINING not to let something like this happen?

RichnKim

We've Made It!
2 Police Dogs die in car
This is terrible, such a sad loss of lives for no good reason.
The man failed these poor dogs.

Richnkim

2 Police Dogs die in car
Everyone knows the dangers of leaving any living thing in a car during the hot weather, who more so than a highly trained Dog Handler.
There is no excuse for the death of these wonderful animals and while I do not want the officer to lose his job, I sincerely hope some disciplinary action is undertaken for the careless disregard of his "partners" life.
These dogs do anything for their handlers - die for them in some events and this is unacceptable, terrible shame.

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
2 Police Dogs die in car
Watching a news item, it seems that quite a shrine has appeared outside the police station... flowers laid by police officers and the general public.
such a sad and unnecessary loss, and hard to believe that only in the last couple of days police forces have been giving out warnings about the dangers of leaving your dog locked in a parked car during the hot weather we've been having.
I heard a RSPCA officer being interviewed on the radio describing how the dogs would have suffered such terrible deaths in approximately 20 minutes, such a frightening way for an animal to die. Apparently the officer involved could be charged with manslaughter under present laws as technically the dog was a serving police officer.
He should at least be charged with the maximum possible fine, lose his job and never be allowed to own a dog again. If anyone should have known better then surely it is he.

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
2 Police Dogs die in car
The story is Bob that he parked his car with the dogs in it, on his day off, outside the police station.
He went in for just a couple of minutes to pick up a pen he'd left there, got caught chatting and forgot about the dogs..!
What planet is he from..? i ask you.. where was his concern for his charges, his beloved partners, his devoted and loyal dogs... while he was passing the time chatting..?
What if it had been his kids..? heaven forbid.. he deserves to suffer the rest of his life wracked with guilt, but i guess if he cared so little for the dogs he'll soon get over it.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
2 Police Dogs die in car
Did i say that all police men neglect thier dogs ? Police dogs are very well cared for by thier handlers and kennel personel , its the car windows of the general public they have to break to get dogs out of hot cars ! Therefor this officer SHOULD have known what could happen to those dogs , And as a trained dog handler should have known better , a naighbour is a police dog handler he told me today he is shocked at this officers behaviour and he is as discusted as everyone else . During this heatwave he's been walking His dog with a cold wet towel over its back to keep him cooled down !

Latest Posts

Top Bottom