REDDERS

19 litre water bottle for 1tl
For those of you like me who are trying to save a lira or two,if you don't mind fetching/filling & carrying your drinking water bottle,you can get a refill for just 1 tl !.
The location is on the dual carriageway from bodrum to konacik,just past the B.P. garage & little migros.You will see the water lorries parked on the edge of a track beside the road,turn up the track & after 20 yds.there is a sign that says 'karia su'.Turn right at the sign & park you car & take your bottles up to the taps & fill them from one of the five taps, & pay the man,it's as simple as that.If you have not got a cap they will give you a re usable cap totally free.We have had a couple of refills & the water tastes fine,no tummy upsets or side effects.So why pay around 4tl when this service is available.
I've worked out that by doing this,with the money saved from using our regular supplier,we can get one free shop at the veg. market per month.

:5:

martin...

jcrian

We refill our bottles from our house tap.

No problems with drinking the water so why pay 3 tl to get a refill.

parrot

Having seen the amount of lime scale removed when our boiler packed up,I'd rather spend the 4lira.

CJD

Our water is stored in tanks under the house so ok boiled but not for drinking
out of the tap but we have four free filling places in our village, most towns and villages do..to find them you just need to follow the donkeys laden with water
bottles :)

teresa

Free Thinker
Our water in Fethiye is ok for drinking but has a very high mineral content and there are a lot of renal units in this area. I know of some quite young people who have been to hospital for stone problems and this appeared to be considered as normal by the families. We use the bottled water for drinking and tap water for all cooking etc.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
We always use bottled water for both house and restaurant - a doctor told me a few years ago when I was very ill in hospital that Nestle Pure Life is the best water to drink - so we have that.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
My wife uses bottled water for EVERYTHING. Last summer the mayor of Ankara had intreatable and unhealthy water piped directly into the cities water system, nobody knew for weeks. Just because your not ill right now does not mean you won't be from the water years from now.

Biker Bob

Are the tap s at the mosque clean water supplıes aswell ı lıve by the mosque ın gumbet ıf thıs ıs the case ı can jus pop round the corner to fıll mıne up ı have often wondered coz ı know the cemetary has clean water by mıgros as ı often see locals toppın there bottles up there

REDDERS

Well i'm glad i've helped the people of bodrum save some money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:kafa:
I'll keep my info to help my local friends,who were grateful to know of this facility.
p.s. thank you peregrine.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom