no-nem

12,000ytl fine.
Today I signed for a notice from the work directorate in Aydin(social security) which was a notification of fine of 12,000ytl for 'employing' a Brit for two months when setting this company up 18 months ago! Take this as a word of warning!! DO NOT EMPLOY DODGY BRİTS AT ANY TİME WİTHOUT THE CORRECT PERMİTS as at some stage you will be found out, even by covert methods oh yes, even by jealousy!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! (This man is still working elsewhere but his bus ride home is looming very very close I think). I have been scratched, but currently dusting myself down to carry on in the good old British Bulldog way! ie to bite the bullet and continue and ensuring that all I's are dotted and T's crossed !!!!!!!
BELİEVE ME...They will get you, we have seriously escaped by the skin of our teeth...deportation!
I also read that Alanya are currently having a good clearout of 'dodgies' and some have already been deported!(voices paper).
I suggest if you have a Yabanci in your shop/office/work place without the correct permits...get rid sharpish...this ain't no joke.

Last edited:

no-nem

12,000ytl fine.
Any Yabanci working in Turkey, is 'dodgy' if they do not hold a work permit issued by Ankara. Do not get me wrong, I knew he was not entitled to work at the time, but having just started up I needed labour and he needed work! HOWEVER THE 'THOUGHT POLİCE' FOUND OUT. If you have Yabancis sitting at your work place the 'friend just visiting' routine doesn't work, THEY KNOW! If you are working somewhere without papers, do not be surprised if without warning the 'suits' walk in and your on a one way ticket out of the country, and they will also fine you heavily and if you own property will seize it against the fine.I have just got this info from My Lawyer. They are quietly snooping around to catch you out. The company employing you ie in our case our company will also cop a massive fine...

Last edited:

turtle-webs

12,000ytl fine.
Wow thats a serious fine, I was p****d when fined 100ytl for handing in my paperwork a day late to the finance office.

Another one to add is to not listen to 'I am friends with the head of police, no problems you can work', everyone in Turkey is friends with the head of police or Jandarma and often these are either imagined or one sided.

I believe that the deportation also bans you from the country for 5 years.

The work permit situation needs to be reviewed, there are many people who could and would like to work legally and can make a contribution to the country but until that time it is best to stay and work in the UK or move here when you retire.

I know of many people getting fed up with those working illegally, both Turks and expats that are legal and I know of some that have vowed to report anyone they see that is working illegally. Its not cheap to run a company and can be very frustrating to see others doing the same job but with no KDV, stopag, etc.

no-nem

12,000ytl fine.
These things just happen, they walk in without announcement or warning, You never know when it will be your turn!

Higgy

Higgy
12,000ytl fine.
Such a shame Phil, so my pressy is on hold I take it. You Law Breaker you.

What goes round comes round , I am sure the sneaky grass will
get their due rewards in the future.

France has the same laws and both sides get fined not that this helps you any.

no-nem

12,000ytl fine.
Jeezz yes Higgy, Could have been on the boat to 'Botany bay' so escaped lightly. Sometimes you don't know you are breaking the law, we got fined a grand for not putting the TİME (not the date) on Faturas in the early days also.
We also swapped some shop shutters for a damp course with a Turkish inşaat, and that was included in the fine because no paperwork was done on it...
Anymore for anymore??

Dippey

Prefer to be riding
12,000ytl fine.
Very sorry to hear that No-nem. You have worked very hard to set up your business and provide for customers suppliers workers and paying the government tax man. Its not like you are doing things on purpose to avoid anything but trying to obey them but still get punished.

Its hard enough for guys like you who set up a business and get cr@p from the authorites (and negative stick from expat knobheads), good luck and hope your business keeps going from strength to strength.

Dippz

alison09400

12,000ytl fine.
Sorry to hear that Phil! But as you say you got let off lightly and it could have been a lot worse.
Yes I too read the article in Voices regarding the clean-up in Alanya of foreigners working illegally. And about time too I say!
The are hundreds of emlaks in Kusadasi and I'd say that the number not employing a foreigner is a lot less than those who are.
It's the risk people take and truthfully it's not worth it especially if they've got a property here. What would they do if they were deported and couldn't return for 5 years??

Alison

suzyq

12,000ytl fine.
Gosh that sounds very harsh. I could understand it more if you were still employing the man, but if it was 18 months ago you were very unlucky. Sounds like they will be knocking on a few more doors if they are going back that far.

v6cod

Living in Okcular
12,000ytl fine.
No-nem now I understand your comment in another post.

Sorry to hear about the fine, as you said it could have been a lot worse. I bet there will be a lot of yabinci jumping at every knock on the door.

Good luck for the future.

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
12,000ytl fine.
Oh what a bad and scary news No-nem..., what a pitty, especially since you are doing such a good job and also creating employment for Turks

So they must have "seen" it at the time this man was working with you, do you recall somebody came in and saw it, I mean, how else can they have proof (or maybe somebody told them)

Well, it is the same everywhere, you cannot employ somebody illegally overhere either, but here those laws are more focused on people who are receiving a social security benifit (I totally agree with that, cannot receive social benifit and work illegally at the same time ! ), which is not the case in Turkey

pebble

12,000ytl fine.
No nem, sorry to hear about your woes. Unfortunate, since I know that you havebeen dotting your I's and crossing your T's since day one. Dont let this get you down, from what I have seen you are a survivor and a fighter. Just keep dotting your i's and crossing your t's......

Come on guys, why is everyone surprised? we've been saying all along that if you dont have your paperwork, dont work.
In our country when immigration does a sweep and deports people, that is considered the norm....why not here.
Do we like it when we have illigal aliens taking jobs away from our people? I dont.....

Get your permits, or live in fear of getting caught.

Boy am I lucky to have citizenship......

lol who'da thought that turkish citizenship would be coveted????
lmao

turtle-webs

12,000ytl fine.
pebble said:
No nem, sorry to hear about your woes. Unfortunate, since I know that you havebeen dotting your I's and crossing your T's since day one. Dont let this get you down, from what I have seen you are a survivor and a fighter. Just keep dotting your i's and crossing your t's......

Come on guys, why is everyone surprised? we've been saying all along that if you dont have your paperwork, dont work.
In our country when immigration does a sweep and deports people, that is considered the norm....why not here.
Do we like it when we have illigal aliens taking jobs away from our people? I dont.....

Get your permits, or live in fear of getting caught.

Boy am I lucky to have citizenship......

lol who'da thought that turkish citizenship would be coveted????
lmao

Turkish citizenship is worth its weight in gold, I would never have got a work permit for web design!!

What makes me shudder is when an illegal worker comments on the problems in the UK being down to illegal immigrants, how they work illegally, pay no taxes and take all they can get.

No-nems problem is due to success, because he has made something for himself there will be people out to take a chunk out of him. If you don't or don't appear to have or make any money then you probably won't get reported but as all expats are loaded (of course) this is a slim chance. We had very few visits in our first office, when we moved to new offices the visits increased dramatically although of course there was nothing to be found. If someone complains and the authorities don't find anything they turn their attention to the complainer and I know who complained as he had visits and inspections for weeks afterwards.

no-nem

12,000ytl fine.
sparrow said:
So they must have "seen" it at the time this man was working with you, do you recall somebody came in and saw it, I mean, how else can they have proof (or maybe somebody told them)

You never know who is walking into your business, they may just pose as customers, get the general drift then if suspiciıons are strong enough put that company down for a 'raid'.We have plenty of people who come and ask about our system.

alison09400

12,000ytl fine.
Well said Pebble!!

We had a visit about 4 years ago (when I was still working for my hubby). They asked if I had a kimlik and could they have it. Asked them what for? They said it's their job so they can have it. I replied but it's my kimlik!
Anyway they took a photocopy and left never to be seen again.

Turtle, you're right. It's when people are seen to be making a bit of money, the rats are out to see what they can do to bring you down. In Nonem's case, it was because a guy helped him out for a few weeks.

Nonem, did the authorities state the guys name etc? What exactly did it say?

no-nem

12,000ytl fine.
alison09400 said:
Nonem, did the authorities state the guys name etc? What exactly did it say?

Yep, Issue paper named the guy. It was full of the usual shit. too much to plonk on here. The guys name will never be revealed.......................yet.
(I do qualify for a discount on early payment in full LOL).

Guz1

12,000ytl fine.
Hard luck, No-nem. I hope you have warned the yabanci that the authorities are on his tail.

12,000ytl fine.
Sorry to hear about the problems Phil.

Just goes to show that if there is a copper to be had then someone will always want their share. The sad thing is that there are much more blatant examples of people being employed without paperwork and on a much more regular basis, but I guess someone was only interested in you. The question is why? I dont suppose for a moment that it was all down to the dilligence of the local officials.

Onwards and upwards mate, Dont let the B------s grind you down!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom