Wardentree

Aktas Gumusluk/Spalding
0.5 tax on Tapu to continue!
I been told that the discount on the tax on tapus will continue for another 6 months!

Has anybody heard the same?

Martin.

Tess

No I haven't heard this yet, however would be delighted if this was the case!

Wardentree

Aktas Gumusluk/Spalding
thats what ive herd from my agent in turkey.

Were still waiting for ours any day/week/month/ now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wardentree

Aktas Gumusluk/Spalding
:48:YES IT IS STILL IN PLACE FOR 3 MORE MONTHS!!!!

Property over 150m2 tax has gone up.
:3:

Martin.

Hi,

I needed to find this out for a friend and have heard conflicting stories. I've phoned the Turkish Consulate and got put through to the Customs office who were emphatic that the concession on the 'sales and aquisition levy' aka stamp duty had NOT been extended past the 30th June.

I've learnt that in Turkey very little is as it seems! Have tried searching on Google but can find nothing that helps - some news on the concession when it started in April but no update.

Has anybody got any idea what's going on? As it stands it looks like the 1% concession ends on 30th June.

M

Mack

From the Hurriyet Daily News - 16 June 2009

Turkey has set low sales taxes for white goods, vehicles and other products for 3-1/2 months to boost weak domestic demand, the Finance Ministry said on Tuesday.

The government has announced a series of measures aimed at stimulating the economy, which is expected to slip deep into recession this year.

The ministry said the sales tax on passenger vehicles was set at 27 percent until the end of September compared with the normal 37 percent tax. The tax had been set even lower at 18 percent for the last three months.

“For the last three months cuts have been imposed on the special consumption tax and value-added tax for some products in order to boost domestic demand,” the ministry said in a statement.

“A cabinet of ministers' decision was taken to continue partially the tax cuts until the end of September,” it said.

The temporary tax cuts have boosted local consumption, particularly in the key automotive sector.

The special consumption tax on white goods was set at 2 percent, compared with a normal rate of 6.7 percent and a zero rate in the last three months.

The value-added tax on computers and furniture remained at 8 percent, the reduced level at which it has been for the last three months, compared with a normal rate of 18 percent.

A 0.5 lira special consumption tax hike was imposed on tobacco, cigarettes and cigars.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom