angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
£5.95 for 3-course Turkish meal LONDON
Just thought I'd let you know about the WONDERFUL place I went for lunch today in London with some friends ... 3-course lunch menu is only £5.95 there and wine is inexpensive too + beautiful interior with chandeliers and crisp white tablecloths that are starched I think - fresh Pide bread free with lunch - :bolt: it is called The Ev on Isabella Street (not Tas) - see www dot tasrestaurant dot com/ev_restaurant/index and only a few minutes from Waterloo station - see directions - go past Old Vic to Young Vic and it's just next to it. Pretty plants and trees all around too on that walkway; you can eat outside or in.

Next door is a Turkish shop selling, amongst other things, Knorr Mercimek Soup (lentil) for just 79p - add 1 litre of water and bring to boil then thicken for 5 minutes or so - serves 3. :504xn: :ukflag:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Sounds an excellent deal Angela, but as I'm waaaayyyyyy up here in the North West, not likely to try that great Lunch. Isn't it good when you have a girly Lunch and you have such a good meal, wine chat etc and you've got change in your purse, lol.

Btw, did you buy the soup mix.

Lesley

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Well Lesley, it wasn't a girly lunch - it was 2 men/2 women - 2 of us from Surrey - 2 from Herts - so Waterloo is central to meet up and Ev was recommended to me, so we thought we'd give it a whirl. Best place EVer - he he!

Would you like to come to London for a Christmas meal there perhaps? And anyone else based in UK on this Forum? If so, I will arrange it. Am off to Side, Turkey on Tuesday but back in UK mid-November. A x

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Cheers Angela
Sounds brill, had a look at the website already. I am in London next week, going up by train to Waterloo so it must be fate! Will try it out - make a change as I normally head to Belgo just off Covent Garden for mussels, frites and mayo (and a wide choice of beers...but I stick to the house stuff) I am meeting up with an old workmate who is a chef so we both like to go for a good nosh & natter. We have got tickets for Dirty Dancing (another offer - lastminute.com). I am renowned amongst my friends - if we go for a meal it normally involves an offer, coupon or tesco voucher!:504xn:
Ta for the tip, Carol

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Well Lesley, it wasn't a girly lunch - it was 2 men/2 women - 2 of us from Surrey - 2 from Herts - so Waterloo is central to meet up and Ev was recommended to me, so we thought we'd give it a whirl. Best place EVer - he he!

Would you like to come to London for a Christmas meal there perhaps? And anyone else based in UK on this Forum? If so, I will arrange it. Am off to Side, Turkey on Tuesday but back in UK mid-November. A x

Sorry I just assumed it was the girlies, when we do it up here, it's normally a girlie luncheon, lol. That sounds a great idea, but these things do and then Christmas sets in and all the rush etc, but what a good one it would be. Lucky you off to the sun on Tuesday for xx weeks. Enjoy Side, it does sound inviting because of your posts, I'd never heard much about it before.

Lesley

Latest Posts

Top Bottom